Mailing List Archive

1 2 3 4 5  View All
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Surely a system administrator, especially one for Linux/UNIX, would know to look
in the message headers for things hints if there are none lurking at the bottom
of the messages. That is where said system administrator would find things like
this:

(And a real system administrator would be savvy enough to mention that had been
tried and failed if that was the case and that this was done from the address
used for subscribing. That way said system administrator would avoid snark like
this.)

{o.o} Joanne - just sayin'

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
From Bugzilla (https://lists.bugzilla.org/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=&passw=&list=GLOBAL&func=help&extra=unsubscribe) :
"The simplest way to remove your address from a mailing list is
to send the following command in the body of an e-mail message to
majordomo@bugzilla.org:
unsubscribe LISTNAME
Replace "LISTNAME" with the name of the list you wish to leave.”

From Greatcircle (Majordomo creators)(http://www.greatcircle.com/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=&passw=&list=GLOBAL&func=help&extra=unregister):
"The simplest way for you to unregister is to send the following command
in the body of an e-mail message to Majordomo@GreatCircle.COM:
unregister
(A confirmation message may be sent to your e-mail address.)”

Sorry I did not use the body that was my error.

Majordomo does support default lists which means if a default list is setup you can exclude the LISTNAME variable.

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, Chris Brandstetter wrote:

> "The simplest way to remove your address from a mailing list is
> to send the following command in the body of an e-mail message to
> majordomo@bugzilla.org:
> unsubscribe LISTNAME
> Replace "LISTNAME" with the name of the list you wish to leave.”
>
> From Greatcircle (Majordomo creators)(http://www.greatcircle.com/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=&passw=&list=GLOBAL&func=help&extra=unregister):
> "The simplest way for you to unregister is to send the following command
> in the body of an e-mail message to Majordomo@GreatCircle.COM:
> unregister
> (A confirmation message may be sent to your e-mail address.)”
>
> Sorry I did not use the body that was my error.

And this list's email address is not "majordomo@spamassassin.apache.org".
Did you try sending an unsubscribe request to that address?

> Majordomo does support default lists which means if a default list is setup you can exclude the LISTNAME variable.

I doubt the Apache listserv has a default list defined. However, it's
possible that x@spamassassin.apache.org is a separate majordomo install,
so that might reasonably have the users list as a default; KAM, perhaps
infra can check on that?

...the Fates notice those who buy chainsaws...
-- www.darwinawards.com
4 days until Halloween
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Am 27.10.2014 um 22:27 schrieb Chris Brandstetter:
> "The simplest way to remove your address from a mailing list is
> to send the following command in the body of an e-mail message to
> majordomo@bugzilla.org:
> unsubscribe LISTNAME
> Replace "LISTNAME" with the name of the list you wish to leave.”
>
> From Greatcircle (Majordomo creators)(http://www.greatcircle.com/cgi-bin/mj_wwwusr?user=&passw=&list=GLOBAL&func=help&extra=unregister):
> "The simplest way for you to unregister is to send the following command
> in the body of an e-mail message to Majordomo@GreatCircle.COM:
> unregister
> (A confirmation message may be sent to your e-mail address.)”
>
> Sorry I did not use the body that was my error.
>
> Majordomo does support default lists which means if a default list is setup you can exclude the LISTNAME variable

and where do you read anything above about send it to the list?

a) it's not majordomo -> Mailing-List: contact
users-help@spamassassin.apache.org; run by ezmlm

b) users@spamassassin.apache.org != majordomo@spamassassin.apache.org

please stop try to pretend send to the list is a good idea anywhere
thank you!
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Chris, read that CAREFULLY. You send messages to this at
users@spamassassin.apache.org. The mailer is not Majordomo; but, the address for
sending email to various lists with majordomo is pretty much the same. Do,
please, note that <listname>@<listserver_address> is quite different from
"majordomo@<listserver_address>".

You are busily shattering your rep as a system administrator. It would be wise
to stop digging and climb out of the hole when it starts filling itself faster
than you can dig.

{o.o}

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Is ezmlm == majordomo? As I am saying he ought to take some time out, think, and
gather in some clues. If he is wise he'll treat it as a learning experience.
Only a few people manage to miss this misadventure with mailing lists at least
once in their lives. But when they sign it with "system administrator", well, it
just invites a goodly dose of snark - especially this recently after the last
time "unsubscribe" hit this list.

{^_-} Joanne

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 27 Oct 2014, jdow wrote:

> Is ezmlm == majordomo?

And I didn't catch that, either. :)

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
* don't hijack threads
* don't send "unsubscribe" to the whole list
* just unsubscribe yourself

the same applies to any other mailing list
https://www.google.at/#q=how+to+unsubscribe+from+a+mailing+list

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
how about you get fucked, dictator asswipe your a nobody here so just
fuck off to your own hole you troll every list you join you act like
god but your nothing but an offensive troll nobody

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Am 26.11.2014 um 13:19 schrieb Nick Edwards:
> how about you get fucked, dictator asswipe your a nobody here so just
> fuck off to your own hole you troll every list you join you act like
> god but your nothing but an offensive troll nobody

what is your problem?
i got even a off-list thank you mail in german from the user

so just shut up if nobody asked you!

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
my problem is pompus asswipe dictators like you who interfere where
not required, and go out of their way to abuse people and speak like
acid to them it is my aum in life to rid the internet of scum like you

centos list BANNED
fedora list MODERATED
roundcube list MODERATED
dovecot list FINAL WARNING
apache list FINAL WARNING
postfix list BANNED

says all anyone needs to know about your modus operandi

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Am 26.11.2014 um 13:30 schrieb Nick Edwards:
> my problem is pompus asswipe dictators like you who interfere where
> not required, and go out of their way to abuse people and speak like
> acid to them it is my aum in life to rid the internet of scum like you

there was nothing abusive in my response

* question akes ina wrong way
* question answered
* sub thread finished

*then you* decided as so oftento start your abusive bullshit

the only guy who acts abusive all the time you face in your mirror and
so better hire a psychologists because you need seriously help

> centos list BANNED

so what

> fedora list MODERATED

not true for many months

> roundcube list MODERATED

because repsonses like yours in that thread

> dovecot list FINAL WARNING

from you? *laugh*

> apache list FINAL WARNING

from you? *laugh*

> postfix list BANNED

active all the time

> says all anyone needs to know about your modus operandi

and who do you think you are to judge?
get your head closed boy!

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
On 11/26/14, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 26.11.2014 um 13:30 schrieb Nick Edwards:
>> my problem is pompus asswipe dictators like you who interfere where
>> not required, and go out of their way to abuse people and speak like
>> acid to them it is my aum in life to rid the internet of scum like you
>
> there was nothing abusive in my response
>
> * question akes ina wrong way
> * question answered
> * sub thread finished
>
> *then you* decided as so oftento start your abusive bullshit
>
> the only guy who acts abusive all the time you face in your mirror and
> so better hire a psychologists because you need seriously help
>
>> centos list BANNED
>
> so what
>
>> fedora list MODERATED
>
> not true for many months

oh because you "allegedly" unsubscribed

>> roundcube list MODERATED
>
> because repsonses like yours in that thread
>
>> dovecot list FINAL WARNING
>
> from you? *laugh*
archives show the msg from Timo

>> apache list FINAL WARNING
>
> from you? *laugh*

archives show the msg from Guenther

>> postfix list BANNED
>
> active all the time

no, you were banned, but you resubscribed under another account

>> says all anyone needs to know about your modus operandi
>
> and who do you think you are to judge?
> get your head closed boy!

my head LOL, oh look who's talking you paranoid fool, you accused me
and someone else of being the same person, NEWSFLASH that same
someone else at this very time is rather near you, in Rodenbach
staying with friends, maybe he will pay you a visit LOL

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Am 26.11.2014 um 13:46 schrieb Nick Edwards:
> On 11/26/14, Reindl Harald <h.reindl@thelounge.net> wrote:
>>
>> Am 26.11.2014 um 13:30 schrieb Nick Edwards:
>>> my problem is pompus asswipe dictators like you who interfere where
>>> not required, and go out of their way to abuse people and speak like
>>> acid to them it is my aum in life to rid the internet of scum like you
>>
>> there was nothing abusive in my response
>>
>> * question akes ina wrong way
>> * question answered
>> * sub thread finished
>>
>> *then you* decided as so often to start your abusive bullshit
>>
>> the only guy who acts abusive all the time you face in your mirror and
>> so better hire a psychologists because you need seriously help
>>
>>> centos list BANNED
>>
>> so what
>>
>>> fedora list MODERATED
>>
>> not true for many months
>>
> oh because you "allegedly" unsubscribed

bullshit - fedora devel active all the time
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-November/thread.html

>>> roundcube list MODERATED
>>
>> because repsonses like yours in that thread
>>
>>> dovecot list FINAL WARNING
>>
>> from you? *laugh*
> archives show the msg from Timo

the archive shows clearly that the same abusive way you act here was the
reason for the flamewar

>>> apache list FINAL WARNING
>>
>> from you? *laugh*
>
> archives show the msg from Guenther

where?

>>> postfix list BANNED
>>
>> active all the time
>
> no, you were banned, but you resubscribed under another account

and the reason of the ban was a response to a ad hominem attack like you
do all the time

>>> says all anyone needs to know about your modus operandi
>>
>> and who do you think you are to judge?
>> get your head closed boy!
>
> my head LOL, oh look who's talking you paranoid fool, you accused me
> and someone else of being the same person, NEWSFLASH that same
> someone else at this very time is rather near you, in Rodenbach
> staying with friends, maybe he will pay you a visit LOL

why can't you just stop your personal attacks and name callings which
you accuse me all the time but the only guy doing so is you?

creep away and just don't read posts from people you don't like or do
you need a manual for your mail-client?

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
How about you take your own advice. On any of my lists that diatribe would get you banned no questions asked.

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Girls,

Please take your feud offlist.
It's totally offtopic

Thank you
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
> How about you take your own advice. On any of my lists that diatribe
> would get you banned no questions asked.

I'm always amused by the abusive language people sometimes use on this
list.

Bad language, and personal attacks, reveal a lot more about the person
doing the writing than the person they're trying to attack.

Anthony
--
www.fonant.com - Quality web sites
Tel. 01903 867 810
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
I will contribute one post to this thread.

http://marc.info/?l=spamassassin-users&m=141444424117308&w=2

Just saying.

Regards,

David.
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
--On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:06 PM +0100 Axb <axb.lists@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Girls,

^^^^^^^^^ -> Extremely sexist. Please try some other form of insult in the
future. ;)

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Server Architect
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
On 11/26/2014 07:54 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:06 PM +0100 Axb
> <axb.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Girls,
>
> ^^^^^^^^^ -> Extremely sexist. Please try some other form of insult in
> the future. ;)

blame my education or lack of.. 8-P
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 26 Nov 2014, Anthony Cartmell wrote:

>> How about you take your own advice. On any of my lists that diatribe would
>> get you banned no questions asked.
>
> I'm always amused by the abusive language people sometimes use on this list.
>
> Bad language, and personal attacks, reveal a lot more about the person doing
> the writing than the person they're trying to attack.

Agreed to both points.

Moderator, I am making an official request to ban Nick Edwards
<nick.z.edwards@gmail.com> for abuse. There is no call for and no excuse
for such behavior.

"Bother," said Pooh as he struggled with /etc/sendmail.cf, "it never
does quite what I want. I wish Christopher Robin was here."
-- Peter da Silva in a.s.r
29 days until Christmas
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]

>>> not true for many months
>>>
>> oh because you "allegedly" unsubscribed
>
> bullshit - fedora devel active all the time
> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-November/thread.html

dont mix words reindl im talking about fedora users and you bloody well know it
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
google reindl and his email address he copped nothing he has not
dished out to others for years, now he plays innocent, thankfully
google does not lie, or hide.

Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 26 November 2014 at 21:05:30 (EU time), John Hardin wrote:

> Moderator, I am making an official request to ban Nick Edwards
> <nick.z.edwards@gmail.com> for abuse. There is no call for and no excuse
> for such behavior.

From just an "average member" of this list, seconded.

He's even continuing, despite both parties being asked to take this personal
dispute offlist.

Regards,

Antony.
Re: unsubscribe [ In reply to ]
Am 26.11.2014 um 23:42 schrieb Nick Edwards:

>>> oh because you "allegedly" unsubscribed
>>
>> bullshit - fedora devel active all the time
>> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2014-November/thread.html
>
> dont mix words reindl im talking about fedora users and you bloody well know it

be precise or shut up *AND IN GENERAL* the past and other lists don#t
matter *AT ALL* and so creep out of my sight at all

what about stop acting like a child?

* i did nothing wrong in my reply caused you again
to start your vendetta

* even if - you are *not* in the position of a judge - *period*

* whatever you criticize i did *never* act in any way like
a asshole as you do here *because* even if i don't find
always nice enough words i *never* attack a person because
of the person - *you do*

so creep away and care about your own stuff
what i do and say is *clearly* not your stuff - nowhere

you are a nobody in context of playing judge

1 2 3 4 5  View All