Mailing List Archive

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  View All
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> MacPorts did a mass switch to libjpeg-turbo a couple of weeks ago [1].
> AIUI, libjpeg-turbo is a drop-in replacement for libjpeg but with a massive
> (?) speed advantage. Note that libjpeg-turbo installs the following dylibs:
>
> $ port contents libjpeg-turbo |grep dylib
> /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.8.2.2.dylib
> /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.8.dylib
> /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib
> /opt/local/lib/libturbojpeg.0.2.0.dylib
> /opt/local/lib/libturbojpeg.0.dylib
> /opt/local/lib/libturbojpeg.dylib

Thanks Craig - this is interesting. I wonder if the issue is caused by
some of the qt ports being built off of libturbojpeg and others (I'm
looking at the culprit qt5-WebKit) being built with libjpeg. This gives me
something to look into. This could end up being an ansible fix plus a
double check in the compile script while bundling the application.

Both Catalina and High Sierra play beautifully
> I can’t see any reason but both seem much smoother than previous. (That’s
> really hard to subjectively evaluate since “the winds of yesteryear” are
> gone (old builds). Certainly this looks good (I watched a few moments of
> Super Bowl)
>
> I edited a HD movie, with errors, without any hassles
>
> I retrived meta data with no more than the usual fiddling about. (And I
> mean the Oxford definition).

Excellent - glad it's finally working!

> I’ll try to break build and post any ‘sucess’ stories, but I will use a
> new VM and case insensitive FS. This was somewhat painful (reinstall OS X)

Please use a copy from the Sourceforge site. Those versions have the jpeg
fix in them currently. I'm going to try to find a more elegant solution to
the jpeg fix before making another push request to myhtv's git repository.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 8 Feb 2021, at 10:55 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> I downloaded your latest build and ran (10.13 version) on High Sierra where it works perfectly.
>
> Great!
>

> I formatted and re-installed Catalina on my laptop.
> I have installed iTerm, Firefox and XCode. I have not installed macports.
> I downloaded and installed Mythfrontend.ap (ver 10.13)
> <click> did nothing so
>
> To be clear, you're using the 10.13 built app on Catalina? With or without plugins? Why not just the 10.15 built App? You will get better video performance.
>
> Did you check in system security preferences to allow third party apps? You'll also have to authorize the app to open.
>

> This has to be a build issue since my system is virgin. I’ll now install macports and no doubt when the libjpeg goes in the app will work.
>
> That's quite possible, but more likely a missed dylib link that should point internally.
>
> What is the exact name of the .dmg file you are trying?

John I have got 2 builds that work well for me, I’m very content
But
I was testing the build script for your edification and delight

I installed Catalina in a VM
I installed Xcode, command line tools and accepted the license
I installed macports
I downloaded compile from sourceforg

jam@ws130 ~ % ./compileMythfrontendAnsible_31.zsh
./compileMythfrontendAnsible_31.zsh:148: substring expression: -1 < 0

James
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
James, first thank you for helping test this! It's hard to find all of the
issues without a third party, and your help here will only make the
buildscript better,

> jam@ws130 ~ % ./compileMythfrontendAnsible_31.zsh
> ./compileMythfrontendAnsible_31.zsh:148: substring expression: -1 < 0

So this appears to be an issue with different zsh versions on macOS. Some
like indexing with negative values, others don't, and all of them seem to
want a space before the indexing, etc.

At any rate, I believe I can eliminate the FFMPEG path check in the script
that tripped you up now that I have the mythtv ffmpeg / macports ffmpeg
pathing issues resolved in the script. I've just posted a version to
source that eliminates that code that tripped you up to the usual
SourceForge spot.

Please let me know if this does or does not work for you. If it does work,
I'll roll this into a push request sometime this weekend when I make a
separate push request for a minor update to ansible.

BTW - I tracked down the libjpeg issue I had in my build to a local
configuration issue (which I hope my asible updates will resolve). Per
Craig's suggestion (thanks once again Craig!), I looked into what ports
still had libjpeg vs libjpeg-turbo dependencies. qt5-webkit (our crash
culprit) was the only one hanging onto libjpeg. Telling macports to
uninstall libjpeg then issuing a "port rev-upgrade" triggered a recompile
of qt5-webkit and everything worked from there.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 1:35 PM John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:

> James, first thank you for helping test this! It's hard to find all of
> the issues without a third party, and your help here will only make the
> buildscript better,

Q; is there a GIT/SVN/CVS/somethingotherthan 'the latest current file'
repository of the code history that's publically accessible?
I like looking back at the commit history for things like this, and was
attempting to find it on Sourceforge but to no avail.

Thanks,

Mike
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> Q; is there a GIT/SVN/CVS/somethingotherthan 'the latest current file'
> repository of the code history that's publically accessible?
> I like looking back at the commit history for things like this, and was
> attempting to find it on Sourceforge but to no avail.

Sorry about that. I've been using the SourceForge site (since I inherited
ownership of it last summer) as a place to post binaries. More recently I
have been also using it as a method to post development / in process
updates mostly out of convenience. Unfortunately it was never setup with
cvs/git, so it doesn't have any revision history (like you just pointed out)

The mythtv packing git repo does have a series of commits for the script
here:
https://github.com/MythTV/packaging/tree/master/OSX/build/macports_ansible
.

That's probably the best place for you to find any commit history. There
isn't too much history to the file (10 or so commits) since I only got it
working last May when I finally decided to roll up my sleeves and get
mythtv compiling on macOS again.

Since I don't (and probably shouldn't :) ) have commit writes, the updates
tend to be infrequent as I try to minimize my pestering of the Devs (thanks
again Bill for all of the help).

Likewise for the mythtv ansible repo (
https://github.com/MythTV/ansible/tree/master/roles/mythtv-macports/tasks).

I do have a personal git repo reserved for my own thrashing (both the
compile script and ansible) - but I will be honest in saying it's not very
disciplined in commit comments. When making a pull request to the mythtv
packaging repo, I tend to pull from my personal repo cleaning up /
squashing the commit messages after testing locally.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On Feb 11, 2021, at 3:33 PM, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> BTW - I tracked down the libjpeg issue I had in my build to a local configuration issue (which I hope my asible updates will resolve). Per Craig's suggestion (thanks once again Craig!), I looked into what ports still had libjpeg vs libjpeg-turbo dependencies. qt5-webkit (our crash culprit) was the only one hanging onto libjpeg. Telling macports to uninstall libjpeg then issuing a "port rev-upgrade" triggered a recompile of qt5-webkit and everything worked from there.

John, you’ve actually spotted a problem with the MacPorts packaging of qt5-qtwebkit. We had not identified libjpeg as a dependency and therefore didn’t change it to libjpeg-turbo in the mass switch. I’ll follow up on that.

Thanks

Craig
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> John, you’ve actually spotted a problem with the MacPorts packaging of
> qt5-qtwebkit. We had not identified libjpeg as a dependency and therefore
> didn’t change it to libjpeg-turbo in the mass switch. I’ll follow up on
> that.

Thanks - let me know if you need assistance with the Portfile. I
became quite familiar with qt5's Portfile (and qt5-webkit) when I helped
Ken and Michael get qt5.15.2 working.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 12 Feb 2021, at 6:06 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> John, you’ve actually spotted a problem with the MacPorts packaging of qt5-qtwebkit. We had not identified libjpeg as a dependency and therefore didn’t change it to libjpeg-turbo in the mass switch. I’ll follow up on that.
>
> Thanks - let me know if you need assistance with the Portfile. I became quite familiar with qt5's Portfile (and qt5-webkit) when I helped Ken and Michael get qt5.15.2 working.

John
I’ve done *very little* investigation, but this does not look like a build-script error.

* New install of Catalina
* New install of Xcode + cmd line tools
* New install of macports
* quick test port install wget
* New install (from sourceForge) of compile…zsh
* case in-sensitive FS
* having just tried, found qmake missing, port install qt5

TASK [mythtv-macports : print final list of ports] *****************************
ok: [localhost] => {
"msg": "ccache,nasm,autoconf,automake,pkgconfig,libxml2,taglib,exiv2,libbluray,lzo2,libsamplerate,libcec,openssl,libvpx,x264,x265,XviD,libvorbis,flac,faac,freetype,libxml2,fftw-3,libass,x264,x265,libvpx,minizip,apache-ant,hdhomerun,libX11,liberation-fonts,dejavu-fonts,mariadb-10.2,python38,py38-future,py38-requests,py38-requests-cache,py38-lxml,py38-oauthlib,py38-curl,py38-simplejson,py38-wheel,py38-pymysql,py38-pip,perl5,p5-date-manip,p5-datetime-format-iso8601,p5-dbi,p5-image-size,p5-io-socket-inet6,p5-json,p5-libwww-perl,p5-http-request-ascgi,p5-net-upnp,p5-soap-lite,p5-xml-xpath,p5-xml-simple,gmake,libtool,lame,gnutls"
}

TASK [mythtv-macports : install packages] **************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to install ccache: Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for asciidoc-py3-9.0.5.tar.gz\nError: Checksum (sha256) mismatch for asciidoc-py3-9.0.5.tar.gz\nError: Checksum (size) mismatch for asciidoc-py3-9.0.5.tar.gz\nError: Failed to checksum asciidoc: Unable to verify file checksums\nError: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_macports_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_asciidoc/asciidoc/main.log for details.\nError: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.\nError: Processing of port ccache failed\n"}

PLAY RECAP *********************************************************************
localhost : ok=11 changed=0 unreachable=0 failed=1 skipped=83 rescued=0 ignored=0

James
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> TASK [mythtv-macports : install packages]
> **************************************
> fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to
> install ccache: Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for
> asciidoc-py3-9.0.5.tar.gz\nError: Checksum (sha256) mismatch for
> asciidoc-py3-9.0.5.tar.gz\nError: Checksum (size) mismatch for
> asciidoc-py3-9.0.5.tar.gz\nError: Failed to checksum asciidoc: Unable to
> verify file checksums\n

Hi James, that's a macports issue. It looks like "asciidoc" had a stealth
update on the upstream maintainers side and it caused macports to fail to
install due to a checksum mismatch error. Unfortunately, the only way to
really fix that is wait for someone on the macports team to fix it.
Thankfully a ticket is already opened in trac alerting the macports folks
about the issue (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62273)

I'll let you know when it gets fixed.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> Hi James, that's a macports issue. It looks like "asciidoc" had a
> stealth update on the upstream maintainers side and it caused macports to
> fail to install due to a checksum mismatch error. Unfortunately, the only
> way to really fix that is wait for someone on the macports team to fix it.
> Thankfully a ticket is already opened in trac alerting the macports folks
> about the issue (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62273)
>
> I'll let you know when it gets fixed.

Hi James, asciidoc is now fixed in macport's git repo. If you're grabbing
an updated ports list from git (which I highly suggest), you can issue a
"sudo port selfupdate" and it will pick up the revised/updated port list
now. If you're pulling the ports list down via the tarball (standard
install is to use the tarball), you'll probably need to wait a while
before trying again.

If you want to swap a default macports install over to using git for the
portslist do the following:

sudo mkdir -p /opt/mports
cd /opt/mports
sudo git clone https://github.com/macports/macports-ports.git

Then open "/opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf" in a text editor. The last
line should look like this:

rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar [default]

Change it to point to the working copy you checked out:

file:///opt/mports/macports-ports [default]

Then run (this will take a long while as it has to walk through the entire
port tree)

sudo port -d selfupdate
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 14 Feb 2021, at 1:50 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi James, that's a macports issue. It looks like "asciidoc" had a stealth update on the upstream maintainers side and it caused macports to fail to install due to a checksum mismatch error. Unfortunately, the only way to really fix that is wait for someone on the macports team to fix it. Thankfully a ticket is already opened in trac alerting the macports folks about the issue (https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62273 <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62273>)
>
> I'll let you know when it gets fixed.
>
> Hi James, asciidoc is now fixed in macport's git repo. If you're grabbing an updated ports list from git (which I highly suggest), you can issue a "sudo port selfupdate" and it will pick up the revised/updated port list now. If you're pulling the ports list down via the tarball (standard install is to use the tarball), you'll probably need to wait a while before trying again.
>
> If you want to swap a default macports install over to using git for the portslist do the following:
> sudo mkdir -p /opt/mports
> cd /opt/mports
> sudo git clone https://github.com/macports/macports-ports.git <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports.git>
> Then open "/opt/local/etc/macports/sources.conf" in a text editor. The last line should look like this:
> rsync://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar <http://rsync.macports.org/macports/release/tarballs/ports.tar> [default]
>
> Change it to point to the working copy you checked out:
> file:///opt/mports/macports-ports <file:///opt/mports/macports-ports> [default]
>
> Then run (this will take a long while as it has to walk through the entire port tree)
> sudo port -d selfupdate

Still macports and I find no ticket related to 10.2.36

TASK [mythtv-macports : install packages] **********************************************************************************************
fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to install mariadb-10.2: Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz\nError: Checksum (sha256) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz\nError: Checksum (size) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz\nError: Failed to checksum mariadb-10.2: Unable to verify file checksums\nError: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_mports_macports-ports_databases_mariadb-10.2/mariadb-10.2/main.log for details.\nError: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.\nError: Processing of port mariadb-10.2 failed\n”}

James
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On Feb 14, 2021, at 1:58 AM, James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>
> Still macports and I find no ticket related to 10.2.36
>
> TASK [mythtv-macports : install packages] **********************************************************************************************
> fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failed to install mariadb-10.2: Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz\nError: Checksum (sha256) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz\nError: Checksum (size) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz\nError: Failed to checksum mariadb-10.2: Unable to verify file checksums\nError: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_mports_macports-ports_databases_mariadb-10.2/mariadb-10.2/main.log for details.\nError: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets <https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets> to report a bug.\nError: Processing of port mariadb-10.2 failed\n”}

As the error message says, see

> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_mports_macports-ports_databases_mariadb-10.2/mariadb-10.2/main.log

for details. Normally, these are quite large so feel free to use the MacPorts pastebin:

https://paste.macports.org <https://paste.macports.org/>

Craig
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 14 Feb 2021, at 8:16 pm, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
>> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_mports_macports-ports_databases_mariadb-10.2/mariadb-10.2/main.log

Although I’ve had a GitHub acc for years they won’t play with me. I. Guess disuse. It is here: http://tigger.ws/downloads/main.log <http://tigger.ws/downloads/main.log>

James
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 7:30 AM James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:

> On 14 Feb 2021, at 8:16 pm, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>

> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_mports_macports-ports_databases_mariadb-10.2/mariadb-10.2/main.log
>

> Although I’ve had a GitHub acc for years they won’t play with me. I. Guess
> disuse. It is here: http://tigger.ws/downloads/main.log
>
> James

Strange - I just installed it fine on my system. Try the following:

sudo port clean mariadb-10.2
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port upgrade outdated
sudo port install mariadb-10.2

They haven't touched the mariadb-10.2 port for a few months, but if you
haven't run a selfupdate after installing macports that could potentially
be the reason.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> Strange - I just installed it fine on my system. Try the following:
>
> sudo port clean mariadb-10.2
> sudo port selfupdate
> sudo port upgrade outdated
> sudo port install mariadb-10.2
>
> They haven't touched the mariadb-10.2 port for a few months, but if you
> haven't run a selfupdate after installing macports that could potentially
> be the reason.

Another thought if that doesn't work, run the compile script with the
--database-version=mariadb-10.3, -database-version=mariadb-10.4,
or -database-version=mysql8 flag (i.e. match your backend configuration).

One of them is bound to not be buggered up in macports land.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 14 Feb 2021, at 9:08 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> sudo port install mariadb-10.2

John having done the git-sources stuff you wrote about

Would not
$ sudo port sync
Be correct ?

The self update tries for ever to do a rsync. In any event this install is 1 day old!

jam@ws129 ~ % sudo port install mariadb-10.2
---> Computing dependencies for mariadb-10.2
---> Fetching archive for mariadb-10.2
---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from http://jog.id.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/mariadb-10.2
---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from https://kmq.jp.packages.macports.org/mariadb-10.2
---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from https://ywg.ca.packages.macports.org/mirror/macports/packages/mariadb-10.2
---> Verifying checksums for mariadb-10.2
Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz
Error: Checksum (sha256) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz
Error: Checksum (size) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz
Error: Failed to checksum mariadb-10.2: Unable to verify file checksums
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_mports_macports-ports_databases_mariadb-10.2/mariadb-10.2/main.log for details.
Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets to report a bug.
Error: Processing of port mariadb-10.2 failed

??
James
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On Feb 14, 2021, at 8:20 AM, James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>
>> On 14 Feb 2021, at 9:08 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com <mailto:john.hoyt@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> sudo port install mariadb-10.2
>
> John having done the git-sources stuff you wrote about
>
> Would not
> $ sudo port sync
> Be correct ?
>
> The self update tries for ever to do a rsync. In any event this install is 1 day old!
>
> jam@ws129 ~ % sudo port install mariadb-10.2
> ---> Computing dependencies for mariadb-10.2
> ---> Fetching archive for mariadb-10.2
> ---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from http://jog.id.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/mariadb-10.2 <http://jog.id.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/mariadb-10.2>
> ---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from https://kmq.jp.packages.macports.org/mariadb-10.2 <https://kmq.jp.packages.macports.org/mariadb-10.2>
> ---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from https://ywg.ca.packages.macports.org/mirror/macports/packages/mariadb-10.2 <https://ywg.ca.packages.macports.org/mirror/macports/packages/mariadb-10.2>
> ---> Verifying checksums for mariadb-10.2
> Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (sha256) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (size) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz
> Error: Failed to checksum mariadb-10.2: Unable to verify file checksums
> Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_mports_macports-ports_databases_mariadb-10.2/mariadb-10.2/main.log for details.
> Error: Follow https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets <https://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets> to report a bug.
> Error: Processing of port mariadb-10.2 failed

Try ‘sudo port clean —all mariadb-10.2’ before attempting to install again. Network errors do happen from time to time and the downloaded copy of the tarball may have a glitch.

BTW, selfupdate is preferred over sync since you never know when a new version of MacPorts will be released!

Craig
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> Would not
> $ sudo port sync
> Be correct ?

Assuming that you did a selfupdate after installing yesterday, then a sync
should be fine. If you did not, you need to do a selfupdate. selfupdate
will rsync macports binaries, then use git to pull down the ports (assuming
you edited the config file)

> The self update tries for ever to do a rsync. In any event this install is
> 1 day old!

Yes - but the macports installer has dated internal contents. That's why
the macports install directions tell you to do a sudo port -v selfupdate (
https://www.macports.org/install.php)

> jam@ws129 ~ % sudo port install mariadb-10.2
> ---> Computing dependencies for mariadb-10.2
> ---> Fetching archive for mariadb-10.2
> ---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2
> from http://jog.id.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/mariadb-10.2
> ---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2
> from https://kmq.jp.packages.macports.org/mariadb-10.2
> ---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2
> from
> https://ywg.ca.packages.macports.org/mirror/macports/packages/mariadb-10.2

Here's what I get when I install:

sudo port install mariadb-10.2
Warning: The macOS 11.2 SDK does not appear to be installed. Ports may not
build correctly.
Warning: You can install it as part of the Xcode Command Line Tools package
by running `xcode-select --install'.
---> Computing dependencies for mariadb-10.2
---> Fetching archive for mariadb-10.2
---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_20.x86_64.tbz2 from
https://ywg.ca.packages.macports.org/mirror/macports/packages/mariadb-10.2
---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_20.x86_64.tbz2 from
https://mse.uk.packages.macports.org/mariadb-10.2
---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_20.x86_64.tbz2 from
https://packages.macports.org/mariadb-10.2
---> Fetching distfiles for mariadb-10.2
---> Verifying checksums for mariadb-10.2
---> Extracting mariadb-10.2
---> Applying patches to mariadb-10.2
---> Configuring mariadb-10.2

It looks like I am pointing to a different download site which may be
different based on our OSes, local geography, or your ports install needing
an update (or mine not having one...).

Please. just humor me with another selfupdate (it won't hurt anything) and
if that fails, try the database-version flag.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 14 Feb 2021, at 9:30 pm, Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
> ‘sudo port clean —all mariadb-10.2

Port selfupdate

[...]

Skipping py2app install - it is already installed
------------ Cloning / Updating Mythtv Git Repository ------------
Cloning mythtv git repo
Cloning into 'mythtv'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 140, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (140/140), done.
^Cceiving objects: 9% (44106/447497), 19.41 MiB | 1.90 MiB/s
jam@ws129 ~ % sudo port clean -—all mariadb-10.2
Usage: port
[-bcdfknNopqRstuvy] [-D portdir|portname] [-F cmdfile] action [actionflags]
[[portname|pseudo-portname|port-url] [@version] [+-variant]... [option=value]...]...

"port help" or "man 1 port" for more information.
[...]

So

Build with --database-version=mariadb-10.3
Long time later ,,, building but still no errors ,,,
James
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On Feb 14, 2021, at 9:51 AM, James <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>
> jam@ws129 ~ % sudo port install mariadb-10.2
> ---> Computing dependencies for mariadb-10.2
> ---> Fetching archive for mariadb-10.2
> ---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from http://jog.id.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/mariadb-10.2 <http://jog.id.packages.macports.org/macports/packages/mariadb-10.2>
> ---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from https://kmq.jp.packages.macports.org/mariadb-10.2 <https://kmq.jp.packages.macports.org/mariadb-10.2>
> ---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-10.2-10.2.36_0.darwin_19.x86_64.tbz2 from https://ywg.ca.packages.macports.org/mirror/macports/packages/mariadb-10.2 <https://ywg.ca.packages.macports.org/mirror/macports/packages/mariadb-10.2>
> ---> Verifying checksums for mariadb-10.2
> Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (sha256) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (size) mismatch for server-10.2.36.tar.gz
> Error: Failed to checksum mariadb-10.2: Unable to verify file checksums

The point of the ‘sudo port clean —all mariadb-10.2 was to delete your previously downloaded distfiles. If that had been successful, you would have seen something like the following after it attempted to fetch the (pre-built) archive:

---> Fetching distfiles for mariadb-10.2
---> Attempting to fetch server-10.2.36.tar.gz from http://ykf.ca.distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/mpdistfiles/mariadb-10.2
---> Attempting to fetch mariadb-connector-c-e38244220646a7e95c9be22576460aa7a4eb715f.tar.gz from http://ykf.ca.distfiles.macports.org/MacPorts/mpdistfiles/mariadb-10.2

Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> Build with --database-version=mariadb-10.3
> Long time later ,,, building but still no errors ,,,
>
> yep the database install is a real slog. qt5-webkit will also take a
while.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 14 Feb 2021, at 11:05 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Build with --database-version=mariadb-10.3
> Long time later ,,, building but still no errors ,,,
>
> yep the database install is a real slog. qt5-webkit will also take a while.

So except for the hastles with macports your build script worked without a whimper.

. . .
------------ Generating .dmg file ——————
James
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> So except for the hastles with macports your build script worked without a
> whimper.

Awesome, I'll clean some things up in git then issue a PR when I have some
spare time. Thank you again for testing it!
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
James,
I am interested in the h2643cut.sh script. Could you share it with me?

Regards,
Dennis

Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
> On 1 Mar 2021, at 7:06 pm, Dennis Alders <dennis.alders@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> James,
> I am interested in the h2643cut.sh script. Could you share it with me?

Dennis it is here
http://tigger.ws/downloads/h264cut.sh

I have a directory structure
/store
searching eg 0301 lets you choose the recording
you need a work dir. Mine is /store/TScut_work
Finally my destination hierachy is. /store/Movies/Myth-A .. Myth-Z
<enter> chooses the destination based on name, but you can override eg I don't want 'The Jackal' stored under Myth-T rather Myth-J

but heck it's a bash script, hack it as you will.
I've not had a failure in 100s of cuts.

James