Mailing List Archive

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  View All
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> No so easy!

Here's what I did to get it running with mythvideo with a newly built
seektable (modified to match your filesystem...):

cp 10070_20210123131900.ts /store/Movies/
mythutil --scanvideos

mythtranscode --video --buildindex --allkeys --showprogress
--infile /store/Movies/10070_20210123131900.ts
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> I don't know precisely how master relates to the versions in the mac
> build, but (again) this may be relevant. I started getting crashes in
> the cutlist editor after a bunch of commits to master in late October.
> The crashes went away after the commit that I mentioned earlier, but
> editing still had occasional 20-second hangups that happened not
> randomly, but unpredictably.

James is running a mac build of v31 (not master) compiled in mid-December
which was cloned from to to include commits
through e9b795a1e43023b4141a28b9c620213097cdfbfe

I do also post master builds less frequently - but since most of the macOS
community stayed with v31 for their backend I haven't heard too many
requests for help on master.

The next time I package up mac applications (hopefully this weekend), I'll
make a version that backports the master fix you suggested into v31 to see
if it helps.

> It's too early to be certain, but after another bunch of commits
> yesterday I have not seen any of these hangups. Perhaps the
> 'UIButtonList' was involved again. (Thanks, Mark_K) That's in Fedora
> 32. Unfortunately most of my recordings have been on my el7 system,
> for which I can't now build because of the taglib bump the day before...

I'll take a look at these as well in case they can help the issues for v31

> Back to the seektable: I find the 'commflag --rebuild' recipe usually
> reliable, but I don't think it will repair defective files, and it
> doesn't regenerate seektables for DVB-T radio or, iirc, other formats
> such as mkv or mp4.

interesting. That may be why "mythtranscode --video --buildindex" worked
for me on James' video (.ts H264) while mythcommflag failed for James.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 28 Jan 2021, at 7:06 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I don't know precisely how master relates to the versions in the mac
> build, but (again) this may be relevant. I started getting crashes in
> the cutlist editor after a bunch of commits to master in late October.
> The crashes went away after the commit that I mentioned earlier, but
> editing still had occasional 20-second hangups that happened not
> randomly, but unpredictably.
>
> James is running a mac build of v31 (not master) compiled in mid-December which was cloned from to to include commits through e9b795a1e43023b4141a28b9c620213097cdfbfe
>
> I do also post master builds less frequently - but since most of the macOS community stayed with v31 for their backend I haven't heard too many requests for help on master.
>
> The next time I package up mac applications (hopefully this weekend), I'll make a version that backports the master fix you suggested into v31 to see if it helps.
>
> It's too early to be certain, but after another bunch of commits
> yesterday I have not seen any of these hangups. Perhaps the
> 'UIButtonList' was involved again. (Thanks, Mark_K) That's in Fedora
> 32. Unfortunately most of my recordings have been on my el7 system,
> for which I can't now build because of the taglib bump the day before...
>
> I'll take a look at these as well in case they can help the issues for v31
>
> Back to the seektable: I find the 'commflag --rebuild' recipe usually
> reliable, but I don't think it will repair defective files, and it
> doesn't regenerate seektables for DVB-T radio or, iirc, other formats
> such as mkv or mp4.
>
> interesting. That may be why "mythtranscode --video --buildindex" worked for me on James' video (.ts H264) while mythcommflag failed for James.

This question may very well pass as on topic, at dusk with the light behind it
(appologies to any ladies on list Gilbert and Sullivan were chauvinistic)

to use mythfrontend --noupnp, cause it works for me, how can I make a dock launcher that does this. I can make an app that launches with arguments, (with Automator) but the dock launcher this spawns is the original mythfrontend without arguments.

I can build an app with upnp disabled, but what is best
James
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> to use mythfrontend --noupnp, cause it works for me, how can I make a dock
> launcher that does this. I can make an app that launches with arguments,
> (with Automator) but the dock launcher this spawns is the original
> mythfrontend without arguments.

The easiest way would be to edit the Applications start up script

nano /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend

add the flag to the "./mythfrontend.real $@" line

I believe "./mythfrontend.real -noupnp $@" should work.

BTW - what database and version are you running on your backend? The data
point may help with debugging. BTW - macports accepted all of the PRs I've
been waiting for. I will post updated builds for HS and Catalina (based on
mysql8) to Sourceforge once I get all of the updates compiled.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 29 Jan 2021, at 8:16 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> to use mythfrontend --noupnp, cause it works for me, how can I make a dock launcher that does this. I can make an app that launches with arguments, (with Automator) but the dock launcher this spawns is the original mythfrontend without arguments.
>
> The easiest way would be to edit the Applications start up script
>
> nano /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend
>
> add the flag to the "./mythfrontend.real $@" line
>
> I believe "./mythfrontend.real -noupnp $@" should work.
>
> BTW - what database and version are you running on your backend? The data point may help with debugging. BTW - macports accepted all of the PRs I've been waiting for. I will post updated builds for HS and Catalina (based on mysql8) to Sourceforge once I get all of the updates compiled.

Thanks for that!

Server version: 10.4.14-MariaDB MariaDB package

James
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
On 28 Jan 2021, at 6:55 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:

> No so easy!
>
> Here's what I did to get it running with mythvideo with a newly built seektable (modified to match your filesystem...):
>
> cp 10070_20210123131900.ts /store/Movies/
> mythutil --scanvideos
> mythtranscode --video --buildindex --allkeys --showprogress --infile /store/Movies/10070_20210123131900.ts

Interesting!

The 'fixed' video.ts still has errors.
mythcomflag fails to rebuild seek table
mythtranscode (as above) fails to rebuild seek table

I trancoded the ts to mp4 using shotcut
that plays ok.
mythcomflag fails to rebuild seek table
mythtranscode does rebuild the seek table
the clip is trashed
the first hour is the first 5 minutes repeated in no particular order
ie min 1..5 is [seg1][seg2][seg3]...

plays (say - I've not been careful documenting this - why bother)
[seg2][seg1][seg2][seg2][seg14][seg3]... that sort of rubbish
using E 1min <rt>

I'm going to try fixing using handbrake
I'm certain broken video files cause the mac frontend edit crash

The video is 'normal' ota broken.

If anybody would like the 'actual' file as opposed to my example bad file
http://tigger.ws/downloads/10074_20210123140800.ts
please say and I'll upload.
James

Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
James

I just uploaded new builds to SourceForge (
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/) for Catalina and High
Sierra. These builds are at the latest commit for v31 (master will be
uploading a little while) and have all of the latest macports fixes I've
been working. This includes only compiling against one database version
(mysql8 in this case).

Please give this new build a try - I doubt it will fix the cutlist issue,
but am hoping to get lucky. If this doesn't work I'll try making a dev
build with the mast culist editor fix John P suggested patched in.

Mark, any suggestion on where to put debug output statements so we can
figure out where in the code the segfault is coming from?

~John
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 30 Jan 2021, at 6:39 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> James
>
> I just uploaded new builds to SourceForge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/) for Catalina and High Sierra. These builds are at the latest commit for v31 (master will be uploading a little while) and have all of the latest macports fixes I've been working. This includes only compiling against one database version (mysql8 in this case).
>
> Please give this new build a try - I doubt it will fix the cutlist issue, but am hoping to get lucky. If this doesn't work I'll try making a dev build with the mast culist editor fix John P suggested patched in.
>
> Mark, any suggestion on where to put debug output statements so we can figure out where in the code the segfault is coming from?

John thanks, will download as soon as they are uploaded
James
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 30 Jan 2021, at 6:43 am, James Linder <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>

>> On 30 Jan 2021, at 6:39 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> James
>>
>> I just uploaded new builds to SourceForge (https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/) for Catalina and High Sierra. These builds are at the latest commit for v31 (master will be uploading a little while) and have all of the latest macports fixes I've been working. This includes only compiling against one database version (mysql8 in this case).
>>
>> Please give this new build a try - I doubt it will fix the cutlist issue, but am hoping to get lucky. If this doesn't work I'll try making a dev build with the mast culist editor fix John P suggested patched in.
>>
>> Mark, any suggestion on where to put debug output statements so we can figure out where in the code the segfault is coming from?
>
> John thanks, will download as soon as they are uploaded

Just to confirm it dors not fix the core dump, but otherwise the quick look looks goog
James

Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> Just to confirm it dors not fix the core dump, but otherwise the quick
> look looks goog

Thanks! I'll start work on the debug build once I wrap up my master builds
and verify a bug fix / issue a pull request for a bug I just found that
prevents master from building in High Sierra.

Best guess is I'll have something by tomorrow afternoon (...my time...)
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 30 Jan 2021, at 7:16 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just to confirm it dors not fix the core dump, but otherwise the quick look looks goog
>
> Thanks! I'll start work on the debug build once I wrap up my master builds and verify a bug fix / issue a pull request for a bug I just found that prevents master from building in High Sierra.
>
> Best guess is I'll have something by tomorrow afternoon (...my time...)

Pardon the drunken spelling - wee small hours with no light to disturb family

mythcommflag fails to build seektable
mythtranscode does rebuild seek table, but trashes the video same way as shotcut transcode

I guess the best way forward is to cut the video with linux frontend or mac frontend if that can be 'gotten' working
Cleanup the broken video with handbrake if seektables con be made

Most bizare scenero would be to cut videp and transcode with shotcut. The myth cutlist timings could be used if Jack escapes the bottomless pit ..

James
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
On 30/01/2021 07:15, James Linder wrote:

>> On 30 Jan 2021, at 7:16 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just to confirm it dors not fix the core dump, but otherwise the quick look looks goog
>>
>> Thanks! I'll start work on the debug build once I wrap up my master builds and verify a bug fix / issue a pull request for a bug I just found that prevents master from building in High Sierra.
>>
>> Best guess is I'll have something by tomorrow afternoon (...my time...)
>
> Pardon the drunken spelling - wee small hours with no light to disturb family

> mythcommflag fails to build seektable
> mythtranscode does rebuild seek table, but trashes the video same way as shotcut transcode
>
> I guess the best way forward is to cut the video with linux frontend or mac frontend if that can be 'gotten' working
> Cleanup the broken video with handbrake if seektables con be made
>
> Most bizare scenero would be to cut videp and transcode with shotcut. The myth cutlist timings could be used if Jack escapes the bottomless pit ..

I do not have a mac and do not suffer any of the problems described, but I notice in the
conversation that James is having problems editing. He does not mention a tool I have used
successfully, which is 'avidemux' http://www.avidemux.org.

This has a number of input and output options which may cover his requirements. On the other hand,
it may simply use the same libraries and bork the files up in similar ways. Worth a look?

--

Mike Perkins

Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
On 27/01/2021 05:06, James Linder wrote:
> This is not a clip I'd cut, but it is small and shows the issue
>
> As far as I can tell *any* edit crashes but this is what I did
> I guess the easiest way to do this is to scan it as a movie then
> [play]
> <sp>
> <up> or <down> to select 1min
> <rt><rt>crash
>
> My linux frontends do not do this. I run a VM on the mac just to cutlist edit.
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/10074_20210123140800.ts
>
> James

Just for fun I tried looking at this. 1.6 GB doesn't feel 'small' to
me, but times change.

The cutting is a two-step process: once with no cutlist to remove all
but the main video and audio streams, then a second does the cuts. It
doesn't work well with corrupt recordings and still complains about
corrupt packets at the start of each segment. There's some KFC ad
leakage around frame 39442 :-)

{{{

Input file was 10074_20210123140800.ts from downloads.tigger,
overwritten onto a short local recording.

----------

Input #0, mpegts, from '/mnt/sdb3/RecSG3/20101_20210130100100.ts':
Duration: 01:00:30.90, start: 10613.545933, bitrate: 3735 kb/s
Stream #0:0[0x671]: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(tv, top first),
1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
Stream #0:1[0x672](eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 384 kb/s
Stream #0:2[0x674](eng): Subtitle: dvb_teletext
Unsupported codec with id 94215 for input stream 2

---------

Running: mythutil --getcutlist --chanid 20101 --starttime
20210130100100 -q
Cutlist: 3916-8195,27613-32895,40117-45145,54043-59070,71236-77520
3916-8195,27613-32895,40117-45145,54043-59070,71236-77520

If you want to reset this cutlist, after restoring the .old file
and rebuilding its seektable, you could try:

mythutil --setcutlist
3916-8195,27613-32895,40117-45145,54043-59070,71236-77520 --chanid
20101 --starttime 20210130100100

------------
Millisecond positions of joins in new file:

00:02:34.7200 154720 ms
00:15:30.4800 930480 ms
00:20:18.4400 1218440 ms
00:26:13.5600 1573560 ms
00:34:20.2000 2060200 ms
00:43:07.6000 2587600 ms

Frame positions of joins in new file:
3868 23262 30461 39339 51505 64661

--------------

mythffprobe -hide_banner /mnt/sdb3/RecSG3/20101_20210130100100.ts
Input #0, mpegts, from '/mnt/sdb3/RecSG3/20101_20210130100100.ts':
Duration: 00:43:17.10, start: 1.400000, bitrate: 3483 kb/s
Stream #0:0[0x100]: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(tv, top first),
1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
Stream #0:1[0x101](eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 384 kb/s

}}}

Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
On 30/01/2021 11:32, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 30/01/2021 07:15, James Linder wrote:
>>

>>> On 30 Jan 2021, at 7:16 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just to confirm it dors not fix the core dump, but otherwise the quick look looks goog
>>>
>>> Thanks!  I'll start work on the debug build once I wrap up my master builds and verify a bug fix
>>> / issue a pull request for a bug I just found that prevents master from building in High Sierra.
>>>
>>> Best guess is I'll have something by tomorrow afternoon (...my time...)
>>
>> Pardon the drunken spelling - wee small hours with no light to disturb family

>> mythcommflag fails to build seektable
>> mythtranscode does rebuild seek table, but trashes the video same way as shotcut transcode
>>
>> I guess the best way forward is to cut the video with linux frontend or mac frontend if that can
>> be 'gotten' working
>> Cleanup the broken video with handbrake if seektables con be made
>>
>> Most bizare scenero would be to cut videp and transcode with shotcut. The myth cutlist timings
>> could be used if Jack escapes the bottomless pit ..
>>
> I do not have a mac and do not suffer any of the problems described, but I notice in the
> conversation that James is having problems editing. He does not mention a tool I have used
> successfully, which is 'avidemux' http://www.avidemux.org.
>
> This has a number of input and output options which may cover his requirements. On the other hand,
> it may simply use the same libraries and bork the files up in similar ways. Worth a look?

Sorry. That link is bad, but a better one is hard to find. Maybe here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avidemux

--

Mike Perkins

Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> > I do not have a mac and do not suffer any of the problems described, but
> I notice in the
> > conversation that James is having problems editing. He does not mention
> a tool I have used
> > successfully, which is 'avidemux' http://www.avidemux.org.
> >
> > This has a number of input and output options which may cover his
> requirements. On the other hand,
> > it may simply use the same libraries and bork the files up in similar
> ways. Worth a look?
> >
> Sorry. That link is bad, but a better one is hard to find. Maybe here:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avidemux

Mike - that's an excellent suggestion. I actually use avidemux (via ssh
and x-forwarding to my ubuntu backend) all the time myself. There is a mac
version available here (https://www.fosshub.com/Avidemux.html) that seems
to work.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 30 Jan 2021, at 7:32 pm, Mike Perkins <mikep@randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
>
> On 30/01/2021 07:15, James Linder wrote:
>>> On 30 Jan 2021, at 7:16 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Just to confirm it dors not fix the core dump, but otherwise the quick look looks goog
>>>
>>> Thanks! I'll start work on the debug build once I wrap up my master builds and verify a bug fix / issue a pull request for a bug I just found that prevents master from building in High Sierra.
>>>
>>> Best guess is I'll have something by tomorrow afternoon (...my time...)
>> Pardon the drunken spelling - wee small hours with no light to disturb family
>> mythcommflag fails to build seektable
>> mythtranscode does rebuild seek table, but trashes the video same way as shotcut transcode
>> I guess the best way forward is to cut the video with linux frontend or mac frontend if that can be 'gotten' working
>> Cleanup the broken video with handbrake if seektables con be made
>> Most bizare scenero would be to cut videp and transcode with shotcut. The myth cutlist timings could be used if Jack escapes the bottomless pit ..
> I do not have a mac and do not suffer any of the problems described, but I notice in the conversation that James is having problems editing. He does not mention a tool I have used successfully, which is 'avidemux' http://www.avidemux.org.
>
> This has a number of input and output options which may cover his requirements. On the other hand, it may simply use the same libraries and bork the files up in similar ways. Worth a look?

Mike I've used avidemux lots and do like it but it ocasionally hic-up'd where shotcut did not.
avidemux is so easy I could teach my wife to use it in 5 min.
While shotcut is 'easy' it is lots more involved, so having put in the time to learn it I may as well stay.
James
PS I'll look if avidemux can build s seek table, THAts my issue
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
> On 30 Jan 2021, at 7:37 pm, John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just for fun I tried looking at this. 1.6 GB doesn't feel 'small' to me, but times change.
>
> The cutting is a two-step process: once with no cutlist to remove all but the main video and audio streams, then a second does the cuts. It doesn't work well with corrupt recordings and still complains about corrupt packets at the start of each segment. There's some KFC ad leakage around frame 39442 :-)
>
> {{{
>
> Input file was 10074_20210123140800.ts from downloads.tigger, overwritten onto a short local recording.
>
> ----------
>
> Input #0, mpegts, from '/mnt/sdb3/RecSG3/20101_20210130100100.ts':
> Duration: 01:00:30.90, start: 10613.545933, bitrate: 3735 kb/s
> Stream #0:0[0x671]: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(tv, top first), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
> Stream #0:1[0x672](eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 384 kb/s
> Stream #0:2[0x674](eng): Subtitle: dvb_teletext
> Unsupported codec with id 94215 for input stream 2
>
> ---------
>
> Running: mythutil --getcutlist --chanid 20101 --starttime 20210130100100 -q
> Cutlist: 3916-8195,27613-32895,40117-45145,54043-59070,71236-77520
> 3916-8195,27613-32895,40117-45145,54043-59070,71236-77520
>
> If you want to reset this cutlist, after restoring the .old file
> and rebuilding its seektable, you could try:
>
> mythutil --setcutlist 3916-8195,27613-32895,40117-45145,54043-59070,71236-77520 --chanid 20101 --starttime 20210130100100
>
> ------------
> Millisecond positions of joins in new file:
>
> 00:02:34.7200 154720 ms
> 00:15:30.4800 930480 ms
> 00:20:18.4400 1218440 ms
> 00:26:13.5600 1573560 ms
> 00:34:20.2000 2060200 ms
> 00:43:07.6000 2587600 ms
>

> Frame positions of joins in new file:
> 3868 23262 30461 39339 51505 64661
>
> --------------
>
> mythffprobe -hide_banner /mnt/sdb3/RecSG3/20101_20210130100100.ts
> Input #0, mpegts, from '/mnt/sdb3/RecSG3/20101_20210130100100.ts':
> Duration: 00:43:17.10, start: 1.400000, bitrate: 3483 kb/s
> Stream #0:0[0x100]: Video: h264 (High), yuv420p(tv, top first), 1920x1080 [SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
> Stream #0:1[0x101](eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 384 kb/s
>
> }}}

Mike did you edit with a mac?
For me
set a cut point
move
crash

but my linux frontend is quite content to gobble bad content

James

Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
James, I just uploaded a new build that contains the code update John P
suggested to here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/Development/debug_builds/
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/Development/debug_builds/>

Please give it a try. If it doesn't end up fixing your segfault issue,
I'll need some help on where else to look and where to put debug statements
to help narrow down the issue. I still can't recreate the segfault
locally, so this makes the issue rather hard to troubleshoot.
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
> On 30 Jan 2021, at 8:16 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> James, I just uploaded a new build that contains the code update John P suggested to here:
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/Development/debug_builds/
>
> Please give it a try. If it doesn't end up fixing your segfault issue, I'll need some help on where else to look and where to put debug statements to help narrow down the issue. I still can't recreate the segfault locally, so this makes the issue rather hard to troubleshoot.

It crashes!
Are you trying the (bad too) file I posted?
http://tigger.ws/downloads/10074_20210123140800.ts

I have a high sierra and a catelina that crash straight away
What can I do to help?
James

Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
> On 30 Jan 2021, at 8:31 pm, James Linder <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>

>> On 30 Jan 2021, at 8:16 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> James, I just uploaded a new build that contains the code update John P suggested to here:
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/Development/debug_builds/
>>
>> Please give it a try. If it doesn't end up fixing your segfault issue, I'll need some help on where else to look and where to put debug statements to help narrow down the issue. I still can't recreate the segfault locally, so this makes the issue rather hard to troubleshoot.
>
> It crashes!
> Are you trying the (bad too) file I posted?
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/10074_20210123140800.ts
>
> I have a high sierra and a catelina that crash straight away
> What can I do to help?

John I just installed rather than running from the dmg.
Who knows what fumbled but the installed frontend does not crash. I'll look more now but so far so good, so thanks for staying with my problem

James
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]

> John I just installed rather than running from the dmg.
> Who knows what fumbled but the installed frontend does not crash. I'll
> look more now but so far so good, so thanks for staying with my problem

Awesome! I'll package up the fix and issue a pull request to get into the
v31 shortly.
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
> On 30 Jan 2021, at 8:59 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> John I just installed rather than running from the dmg.
> Who knows what fumbled but the installed frontend does not crash. I'll look more now but so far so good, so thanks for staying with my problem
>
> Awesome! I'll package up the fix and issue a pull request to get into the v31 shortly.

I think it is fixed
http://tigger.ws/downloads/speed.png
James

Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]

> I think it is fixed

Great!

John P - a big thank you for pointing me to the solution!
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
> On 30 Jan 2021, at 9:18 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think it is fixed
>
> Great!
>
> John P - a big thank you for pointing me to the solution!

Also
cut the video

I've got an h263cut.sh based on what someone posted a year or 2 ago
generate a cutlist-times
use mythffmpeg to cut each segment based on those times
use mythffmpeg to concat each segment

When all is done, a minute, the resultant file has no errors

Mail me if anyone wants a copy
James

Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
On 30/01/2021 13:18, John Hoyt wrote:
> I think it is fixed
>

> Great!
>
> John P - a big thank you for pointing me to the solution!

I'm glad it worked - but I just watch while Mark_K actually sorts the
code :-)