Mailing List Archive

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  View All
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
james

> On 30 Jan 2021, at 9:34 pm, John Pilkington <johnpilk222@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 30/01/2021 13:18, John Hoyt wrote:
>> james I think it is fixed
>> Great!
>> John P - a big thank you for pointing me to the solution!
>
> I'm glad it worked - but I just watch while Mark_K actually sorts the code :-)

But John :-(
the meta data grabber that has been working (well) is now not working.
Using the 'old' I can grab, using your 'new' I can't
James

Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]

> But John :-(
> the meta data grabber that has been working (well) is now not working.
> Using the 'old' I can grab, using your 'new' I can't

I've been having issues with the metadata grabber on and off for both macOS
and linux (Ubuntu) as of late myself. I've had to reset the video metadata
on the video then re-run on several occasions.

Have you tried re-setting the metadata then run retrieve? Are you having
issues with a TV show or movie?

I just tried on my system (movie and tv show) and everything worked fine.

There's a slight possibility that one of the last two commits (
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes/31) did something to the
grabber that may be introducing your new bug. I'd suggest you create an
Issue report on github as I do not believe it to be an issue with the mac
build process.
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
> iOn 30 Jan 2021, at 10:11 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But John :-(
> the meta data grabber that has been working (well) is now not working.
> Using the 'old' I can grab, using your 'new' I can't
>
> I've been having issues with the metadata grabber on and off for both macOS and linux (Ubuntu) as of late myself. I've had to reset the video metadata on the video then re-run on several occasions.
>
> Have you tried re-setting the metadata then run retrieve? Are you having issues with a TV show or movie?
>
> I just tried on my system (movie and tv show) and everything worked fine.
>
> There's a slight possibility that one of the last two commits (https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commits/fixes/31) did something to the grabber that may be introducing your new bug. I'd suggest you create an Issue report on github as I do not believe it to be an issue with the mac build process.

I tried scan - that usually does, but did. not retrieve
I->change->retrieve
retrives
does not update the movie
I->change-reset

repeat a few times

goto older frontend
I->change->retrieve
retrives
updates movie

Hard to draw any other conclusion. Tomorrow (it's nearly 11 peem) I'll spulunk

James
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]

> Hard to draw any other conclusion. Tomorrow (it's nearly 11 peem) I'll
> spulunk

hmmm, next time you run check the logs for errors. There's a small
possibility that the build script messed up the python install to the
application. I won't see that type of error on my computer since I have
python both installed in the app as well as where macports puts it.
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]

> hmmm, next time you run check the logs for errors. There's a small
>> possibility that the build script messed up the python install to the
>> application. I won't see that type of error on my computer since I have
>> python both installed in the app as well as where macports puts it.

Yep - that was it. I was wrong, it is a packaging problem. I'll get to
fixing that after I run some errands.
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]

>>> Yep - that was it. I was wrong, it is a packaging problem. I'll get to
> fixing that after I run some errands.

I think I fixed the issue in the compile script (minor python3.8 path
change). I'm going to wait until my pull requests get committed before
pushing out any new builds. Will send out a note once they're uploaded.
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 11:42 AM John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:

>> to fixing that after I run some errands.
>>

> I think I fixed the issue in the compile script (minor python3.8 path
> change). I'm going to wait until my pull requests get committed before
> pushing out any new builds. Will send out a note once they're uploaded.

James, can you edit the following line and tell me if it fixes the
metadata grabbers on your end?

nano /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend

change

export
PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-enabled

export
PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-packages

Thanks!
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
> On 31 Jan 2021, at 12:42 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Yep - that was it. I was wrong, it is a packaging problem. I'll get to fixing that after I run some errands.
>
> I think I fixed the issue in the compile script (minor python3.8 path change). I'm going to wait until my pull requests get committed before pushing out any new builds. Will send out a note once they're uploaded.

John although far less frequent I have crashed 2x doing real editing.
I may be perception-only but it seemed as if E <rt> fast <rt> triggered it

2021-01-31 21:05:27.012774 I VideoOutput: SetDeinterlacing (Doublerate 1): Single High|CPU|GLSL Double High|CPU|GLSL
2021-01-31 21:05:27.013679 I TV::StartPlayer(): Created player.
2021-01-31 21:05:27.013719 I TV::HandleStateChange(): Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
2021-01-31 21:05:27.046494 I TV::HandleStateChange(): Main UI disabled.
2021-01-31 21:05:27.046533 I TV::StartTV(): Entering main playback loop.
2021-01-31 21:05:27.060159 I VideoOutput: SetDeinterlacing (Doublerate 1): Single High|CPU|GLSL Double High|CPU|GLSL
2021-01-31 21:05:27.060221 W GLVid: New frame format: None:None 1920x1080 (Tex: 2D) -> YUV420P:YUY2 1920x1080 (Tex: 2D)
Handling Segmentation fault: 11
/Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend: line 15: 8238 Segmentation fault: 11 ./mythfrontend.real --noupnp $@

James

Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
> On 31 Jan 2021, at 8:41 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 11:42 AM John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yep - that was it. I was wrong, it is a packaging problem. I'll get to fixing that after I run some errands.
>
> I think I fixed the issue in the compile script (minor python3.8 path change). I'm going to wait until my pull requests get committed before pushing out any new builds. Will send out a note once they're uploaded.
>
> James, can you edit the following line and tell me if it fixes the metadata grabbers on your end?
>
> nano /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend
>
> change
> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-enabled
> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-packages

John <smiling lots> I can't believe anybody would do real editing with nano. I have used vi since it ran on a PDP/11 with 100K ram, and have never looked back.

I changed the export from enabled to packages and I now have an issue that I only saw on Exit - the frontend GUI now occupies every 'space' in Apple terminology ie every workspace or desktop.

The grabber works

2021-01-31 21:24:19.855826 I Running Grabber: /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/Resources/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py -l en -a AU -C 79257
2021-01-31 21:24:20.338655 I Result Found, Season 2 Episode 6
2021-01-31 21:24:20.338808 I Returning Metadata Results: Planet Earth 2 6

but the clip shows no meta data (words or picture)
The whole grabber is iffy, but generally if you grab data a few times, resetting if it does not work, results in success.

ciao James

Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]

> John <smiling lots> I can't believe anybody would do real editing with
> nano. I have used vi since it ran on a PDP/11 with 100K ram, and have never
> looked back.

You could have also been an emacs guy :) - nano is great for simple edits,
but definitely not my tool of choice when doing complex edits.

> I changed the export from enabled to packages and I now have an issue that
> I only saw on Exit - the frontend GUI now occupies every 'space' in Apple
> terminology ie every workspace or desktop.

Strange - this edit should have only updated the app's internal python
package to find the bundled mythtv python goodies. I'm clueless as to why
the GUI started acting up.

The grabber works

Great - it did on my test VM as well, but I wanted to make sure.

John P / Mark - given James experienced some new segfaults in the cutlist
editor, any other thoughts / breadcrumbs to fixes in master that may help?
My guess is the linux qt5 version James is using is more robust to failures
than the mac build. Not sure if there's something that can be done to the
mac code to better handle the crashes averting the segfaults.
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
> On Jan 31, 2021, at 7:41 AM, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> change
> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-enabled
> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-packages

I think that last bit should be “site-packages”; just one site!

Craig
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 12:27 PM Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven@cogeco.ca>
wrote:

> On Jan 31, 2021, at 7:41 AM, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> change
>
> export
> PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-enabled

> export
> PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-packages
>

> I think that last bit should be “site-packages”; just one site!
>
> Craig

Good catch Craig - you are right it should be

export
PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/site-packages
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
> On 1 Feb 2021, at 2:14 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 12:27 PM Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>> On Jan 31, 2021, at 7:41 AM, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> change
>> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-enabled
>> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-packages
>>

> I think that last bit should be “site-packages”; just one site!
>
> Craig
>
> Good catch Craig - you are right it should be
> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/site-packages

One of my favorite stories (when talking to climate denier people, to show how complicated it all is)
Alaska Wildlife reintroduced wolves and found it stopped soil erosian.
(turns out the woves stopped graziers from grazing along the river as it was too exposed)

Likewise the typo fixed the multiple workspace issues ??

Both the linux and the mac meta grabbers are behaving the same way.
(grabbing series metadata without a picture. I guess that I must look at the names I used: I called "Blue Planet II EP 6" "Blue Planet 2x06". Clearly wrong.

James
Re: mac build (really about h264 editing) [ In reply to ]
> On 1 Feb 2021, at 7:25 am, James Linder <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
>

>> On 1 Feb 2021, at 2:14 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 12:27 PM Craig Treleaven <ctreleaven@cogeco.ca> wrote:
>>> On Jan 31, 2021, at 7:41 AM, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> change
>>> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-enabled
>>> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/sites-packages
>>>

>> I think that last bit should be “site-packages”; just one site!
>>
>> Craig
>>
>> Good catch Craig - you are right it should be
>> export PYTHONPATH=$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8:$APP_DIR/Contents/Resources/lib/python3.8/site-packages
>
> One of my favorite stories (when talking to climate denier people, to show how complicated it all is)
> Alaska Wildlife reintroduced wolves and found it stopped soil erosian.
> (turns out the woves stopped graziers from grazing along the river as it was too exposed)
>
> Likewise the typo fixed the multiple workspace issues ??
>
> Both the linux and the mac meta grabbers are behaving the same way.
> (grabbing series metadata without a picture. I guess that I must look at the names I used: I called "Blue Planet II EP 6" "Blue Planet 2x06". Clearly wrong.

And I renamed the offending clip "Planet Earth II 1x06" and everything worked perfectly

James
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 at 15:50, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Mark! I most definitely will take you up on the offer when I can dig in (work commitments just ramped up a bit). I don't have a debug build, but can make one - is it safe to assume that it's a flag in configure?

Sorry - I've been missing in action for a few days and I'm now a
little confused where this has got to.

John - I've merged both of your pull requests. Is the original issue
fixed? Is there something else?

Regards
Mark
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
Hi Mark, as it stands, the initial bug is fixed - James can now use the
cutlist editor (for the most part) and I've resolved my packaging error
that caused his metadata grabber issues.

Unfortunately, since backporting the MythButtonUIList fix that John P
suggested, James is now experiencing new intermittent segfaults with the
cutlist editor. I suspect it's another QT5 related issue (have nothing to
base that belief on...). Any suggestions or thoughts on related fixes in
master (James is running fixes/31) would be appreciated.

It also appears from James' report that macOS is less robust to qt5 related
crashes and segfaults whereas Linux (not sure what flavor) does not. I'm
wondering if something could be added to or modified in the code to help
macOS handle whatever the issue is and avoid segfaults.

I have a development build fired up and can easily patch it / add print
statements to help in the bug finding process.

If you believe it to be on the qt5 compile side, I can also look into
that. I'm now way too familiar with how qt5 gets compiled in macports.

Regards,
John

Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 1 Feb 2021, at 7:22 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mark, as it stands, the initial bug is fixed - James can now use the cutlist editor (for the most part) and I've resolved my packaging error that caused his metadata grabber issues.
>
> Unfortunately, since backporting the MythButtonUIList fix that John P suggested, James is now experiencing new intermittent segfaults with the cutlist editor. I suspect it's another QT5 related issue (have nothing to base that belief on...). Any suggestions or thoughts on related fixes in master (James is running fixes/31) would be appreciated.
>
> It also appears from James' report that macOS is less robust to qt5 related crashes and segfaults whereas Linux (not sure what flavor) does not.

Mostly SuSE Leap 15,2, lubuntu (lxqt) 20.10, xubuntu 20.04 and a sprincle of Debian Buster. Not tried on buster, all rest are fe with suse as be.

> I'm wondering if something could be added to or modified in the code to help macOS handle whatever the issue is and avoid segfaults.
>
> I have a development build fired up and can easily patch it / add print statements to help in the bug finding process.
>
> If you believe it to be on the qt5 compile side, I can also look into that. I'm now way too familiar with how qt5 gets compiled in macports.
>
> Regards,
> John
>
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 4:05 AM Mark Kendall <mark.kendall@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2021 at 15:50, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Mark! I most definitely will take you up on the offer when I can dig in (work commitments just ramped up a bit). I don't have a debug build, but can make one - is it safe to assume that it's a flag in configure?
>
> Sorry - I've been missing in action for a few days and I'm now a
> little confused where this has got to.
>
> John - I've merged both of your pull requests. Is the original issue
> fixed? Is there something else?

Now I've done cutlist on half a dozen videos and have prevoked core dump (sig 11) twice.
Posted the trace but it just said line 15 /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend
which is not far from 'something is wrong somewhere'

James

Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 1 Feb 2021 at 11:51, James Linder <jam@tigger.ws> wrote:
> > On 1 Feb 2021, at 7:22 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Mark, as it stands, the initial bug is fixed - James can now use the cutlist editor (for the most part) and I've resolved my packaging error that caused his metadata grabber issues.
> >
> > Unfortunately, since backporting the MythButtonUIList fix that John P suggested, James is now experiencing new intermittent segfaults with the cutlist editor. I suspect it's another QT5 related issue (have nothing to base that belief on...). Any suggestions or thoughts on related fixes in master (James is running fixes/31) would be appreciated.
> >
> > It also appears from James' report that macOS is less robust to qt5 related crashes and segfaults whereas Linux (not sure what flavor) does not.
>
> Mostly SuSE Leap 15,2, lubuntu (lxqt) 20.10, xubuntu 20.04 and a sprincle of Debian Buster. Not tried on buster, all rest are fe with suse as be.
>
> > I'm wondering if something could be added to or modified in the code to help macOS handle whatever the issue is and avoid segfaults.
> >
> > I have a development build fired up and can easily patch it / add print statements to help in the bug finding process.
> >
> > If you believe it to be on the qt5 compile side, I can also look into that. I'm now way too familiar with how qt5 gets compiled in macports.

I would be genuinely surprised if it was a Qt issue - but obviously it
is a possibility.

The only thing I can really suggest is getting a debug build to James
that can hopefully produce a useful backtrace. I forget whether macos
will produce a backtrace without prompting - so may need to run
mythfrontend through lldb and/or gdb.

> Now I've done cutlist on half a dozen videos and have prevoked core dump (sig 11) twice.
> Posted the trace but it just said line 15 /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend
> which is not far from 'something is wrong somewhere'

Yup - 'houston we have a problem'. Not sure there is much point trying
to guess what might be going wrong - short of a full backtrace, maybe
just enable as much as logging as possible:)

mythfrontend -v all --loglevel=debug --noupnp

Regards
Mark
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> Yup - 'houston we have a problem'. Not sure there is much point trying
> to guess what might be going wrong - short of a full backtrace, maybe
> just enable as much as logging as possible:)

building a debug and profile version shortly. Will post to sourceforge for
James to pull down then email back here when they're up.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 1 Feb 2021, at 8:58 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yup - 'houston we have a problem'. Not sure there is much point trying
> to guess what might be going wrong - short of a full backtrace, maybe
> just enable as much as logging as possible:)
>
> building a debug and profile version shortly. Will post to sourceforge for James to pull down then email back here when they're up.

There is an issue with the grabber failing too, I'd guess it is the old timeout problem. I'll go hunting.

John I have run gdb on mac qt programs before. mac is not my usual environment so if you would not mind say 10 words to jog my memory of any specials please.

James

Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> There is an issue with the grabber failing too, I'd guess it is the old
> timeout problem. I'll go hunting.

I fixed the issue on the mac builds (just haven't posted new ones - was
going to do that this AM but got distracted building a debug version for
Catalina...). As long as the grabber runs (which I thought you confirmed
in a previous email), the mac builds are working and any issues pulling
down data are on the grabber side or on poor file naming convention (i.e
your plane earth 2 experiment).

Am I missing something else? I'm more than happy to help troubleshoot mac
build related issues - if it's a grabber issue you should create an issue
report on github to get further assistance from someone who knows what
they're doing vs me hacking around and hoping to get lucky.

John I have run gdb on mac qt programs before. mac is not my usual
> environment so if you would not mind say 10 words to jog my memory of any
> specials please.

You should have lldb installed by Xcode by default, I'd suggest using that.
You'll need to attach lldb to the real process and not the startup
script (this will break any python related goodies since they get pathed in
the startup script):

lldb /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend.real

in the lldb prompt do the following to set a backtrace:

(lldb) target stop-hook add
Enter your stop hook command(s). Type 'DONE' to end.
> bt
> disassemble --pc
> DONE
Stop hook #1 added.

then launch the process:

(lldb) process launch
(lldb) run
(lldb) r

I'm sure there's something I missed here - I'm a novice in mac development
as well (Mark - please chime in if he needs to do anything else).

More instructions can be found here:
https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/gdb_to_lldb_transition_guide/document/lldb-terminal-workflow-tutorial.html
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

>> There is an issue with the grabber failing too, I'd guess it is the old
>> timeout problem. I'll go hunting.
>

> I fixed the issue on the mac builds (just haven't posted new ones - was
> going to do that this AM but got distracted building a debug version for
> Catalina...). As long as the grabber runs (which I thought you confirmed
> in a previous email), the mac builds are working and any issues pulling
> down data are on the grabber side or on poor file naming convention (i.e
> your plane earth 2 experiment).
>
> Am I missing something else? I'm more than happy to help troubleshoot mac
> build related issues - if it's a grabber issue you should create an issue
> report on github to get further assistance from someone who knows what
> they're doing vs me hacking around and hoping to get lucky.
>

> John I have run gdb on mac qt programs before. mac is not my usual
>> environment so if you would not mind say 10 words to jog my memory of any
>> specials please.
>>

> You should have lldb installed by Xcode by default, I'd suggest using
> that. You'll need to attach lldb to the real process and not the startup
> script (this will break any python related goodies since they get pathed in
> the startup script):
>
> lldb /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend.real
>
> in the lldb prompt do the following to set a backtrace:
>
> (lldb) target stop-hook add
> Enter your stop hook command(s). Type 'DONE' to end.
> > bt
> > disassemble --pc
> > DONE
> Stop hook #1 added.
>
> then launch the process:
>
> (lldb) process launch
> (lldb) run
> (lldb) r
>
> I'm sure there's something I missed here - I'm a novice in mac development
> as well (Mark - please chime in if he needs to do anything else).
>
> More instructions can be found here:
> https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/gdb_to_lldb_transition_guide/document/lldb-terminal-workflow-tutorial.html

Debug build with ability to backtrace is uploaded here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/Development/debug_builds/
and
should be downloadedable momentarily.
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 1 Feb 2021, at 9:44 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There is an issue with the grabber failing too, I'd guess it is the old timeout problem. I'll go hunting.
>
> I fixed the issue on the mac builds (just haven't posted new ones - was going to do that this AM but got distracted building a debug version for Catalina...). As long as the grabber runs (which I thought you confirmed in a previous email), the mac builds are working and any issues pulling down data are on the grabber side or on poor file naming convention (i.e your plane earth 2 experiment).
>
> Am I missing something else? I'm more than happy to help troubleshoot mac build related issues - if it's a grabber issue you should create an issue report on github to get further assistance from someone who knows what they're doing vs me hacking around and hoping to get lucky.

Definitly works sometimes.

after a scan this one was blank
so
I->change->retrive X Failed

Run grabber on my be

[sandypit] /var/log/mythtv [1005]% /usr/local/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py -l en -a AU -M '50 First Dates'
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<metadata>
<item>
<title>50 First Dates</title>
etc

use my high-siera frontend from a month ago
I->etc retrieved

Which is exactly the same behaviour as when the timeout was too short.
I'll check

James
Re: mac build [ In reply to ]

> Debug build with ability to backtrace is uploaded here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/files/Development/debug_builds/ and should be downloadedable momentarily.

I'm gonna packup for the night. I'll download in my-morning try and post for your-tomorrow
cheers
james

Re: mac build [ In reply to ]
> On 1 Feb 2021, at 9:44 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> lldb /Applications/Mythfrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/mythfrontend.real
>
> in the lldb prompt do the following to set a backtrace:
> (lldb) target stop-hook add
> Enter your stop hook command(s). Type 'DONE' to end.
> > bt
> > disassemble --pc
> > DONE
> Stop hook #1 added.
>
> then launch the process:
> (lldb) process launch
> (lldb) run
> (lldb) r

After process launch mythfrontend ran. I did not get an opportunity to enter "run" or "r"

without lldb vrash was within 1 sec of edit->move
with lldb it took 10 or 20 tries

Looks like a good start point, say if you want more:

2021-02-02 07:45:14.965554 I [11159/775] CoreContext mythvideoout.cpp:401:SetDeinterlacing VideoOutput: SetDeinterlacing (Doublerate 1): Single High|CPU|GLSL Double High|CPU|GLSL
2021-02-02 07:45:14.966822 I [11159/775] CoreContext tv_play.cpp:5746:StartPlayer TV::StartPlayer(): Created player.
2021-02-02 07:45:14.966864 I [11159/775] CoreContext tv_play.cpp:2439:HandleStateChange TV::HandleStateChange(): Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
2021-02-02 07:45:14.990576 I [11159/775] CoreContext tv_play.cpp:2525:HandleStateChange TV::HandleStateChange(): Main UI disabled.
2021-02-02 07:45:14.990617 I [11159/775] CoreContext tv_play.cpp:391:StartTV TV::StartTV(): Entering main playback loop.
2021-02-02 07:45:15.014488 I [11159/775] CoreContext mythvideoout.cpp:401:SetDeinterlacing VideoOutput: SetDeinterlacing (Doublerate 1): Single High|CPU|GLSL Double High|CPU|GLSL
2021-02-02 07:45:15.014533 W [11159/775] CoreContext opengl/mythopenglvideo.cpp:516:SetupFrameFormat GLVid: New frame format: None:None 1920x1080 (Tex: 2D) -> YUV420P:YUY2 1920x1080 (Tex: 2D)
2021-02-02 07:45:24.793084 I [11159/775] CoreContext mythvideoout.cpp:401:SetDeinterlacing VideoOutput: SetDeinterlacing (Doublerate 0): Single High|CPU|GLSL Double None
* thread #1, queue = 'com.apple.main-thread', stop reason = EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x16c13e008)
* frame #0: 0x00000001044689a8 myth`AudioOutputGraph::GetImage(long long) const + 2008
frame #1: 0x00000001029ddb3d mythtv`OSD::SetGraph(QString const&, QString const&, long long) + 205
frame #2: 0x00000001029393d5 mythtv`DeleteMap::UpdateOSD(long long, OSD*) + 85
frame #3: 0x00000001028eb6bd mythtv`MythPlayer::RefreshPauseFrame() + 221
frame #4: 0x00000001028eb7b9 mythtv`MythPlayer::DisplayPauseFrame() + 169
frame #5: 0x00000001028eea17 mythtv`MythPlayer::VideoLoop() + 183
frame #6: 0x00000001028299b7 mythtv`TV::PlaybackLoop() + 1271
frame #7: 0x000000010282654a mythtv`TV::StartTV(ProgramInfo*, unsigned int, std::__1::vector<ChannelInfo, std::__1::allocator<ChannelInfo> > const&) + 8058
frame #8: 0x000000010004a59b mythfrontend.real`PlaybackBox::Play(ProgramInfo const&, bool, bool, bool, bool, bool) + 715
frame #9: 0x0000000100049eb5 mythfrontend.real`PlaybackBox::PlayX(ProgramInfo const&, bool, bool, bool, bool) + 165
frame #10: 0x0000000100049de5 mythfrontend.real`PlaybackBox::PlayFromBookmarkOrProgStart(MythUIButtonListItem*) + 181
frame #11: 0x000000010032d58c mythfrontend.real`___lldb_unnamed_symbol10920$$mythfrontend.real + 396
frame #12: 0x0000000107970c5c QtCore`___lldb_unnamed_symbol5255$$QtCore + 1024
frame #13: 0x000000010417d6b7 mythui`MythUIButtonList::itemClicked(MythUIButtonListItem*) + 87
frame #14: 0x000000010409bec6 mythui`MythUIButtonList::keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent*) + 3510
frame #15: 0x0000000100058ba4 mythfrontend.real`PlaybackBox::keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent*) + 340
frame #16: 0x0000000103fc841d mythui`MythMainWindow::eventFilter(QObject*, QEvent*) + 589
frame #17: 0x000000010795220e QtCore`QCoreApplicationPrivate::sendThroughObjectEventFilters(QObject*, QEvent*) + 154
frame #18: 0x00000001058428f8 QtWidgets`QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) + 192
frame #19: 0x0000000105843aac QtWidgets`QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*) + 1264
frame #20: 0x0000000107951fae QtCore`QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2(QObject*, QEvent*) + 138
frame #21: 0x000000010587c287 QtWidgets`___lldb_unnamed_symbol1073$$QtWidgets + 449
frame #22: 0x000000010584290c QtWidgets`QApplicationPrivate::notify_helper(QObject*, QEvent*) + 212
frame #23: 0x000000010584379a QtWidgets`QApplication::notify(QObject*, QEvent*) + 478
frame #24: 0x0000000107951fae QtCore`QCoreApplication::notifyInternal2(QObject*, QEvent*) + 138
frame #25: 0x000000010714e0ef QtGui`QGuiApplicationPrivate::processKeyEvent(QWindowSystemInterfacePrivate::KeyEvent*) + 157
frame #26: 0x000000010713f691 QtGui`QWindowSystemInterface::sendWindowSystemEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>) + 91
frame #27: 0x000000010713d1bd QtGui`QWindowSystemInterface::flushWindowSystemEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>) + 329
frame #28: 0x00000001193757aa libqcocoa.dylib`___lldb_unnamed_symbol827$$libqcocoa.dylib + 1072
frame #29: 0x0000000119375929 libqcocoa.dylib`___lldb_unnamed_symbol828$$libqcocoa.dylib + 64
frame #30: 0x00007fff2dd15d5d AppKit`-[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) _reallySendEvent:isDelayedEvent:] + 6512
frame #31: 0x00007fff2dd141c9 AppKit`-[NSWindow(NSEventRouting) sendEvent:] + 349
frame #32: 0x0000000119378723 libqcocoa.dylib`___lldb_unnamed_symbol923$$libqcocoa.dylib + 450
frame #33: 0x00007fff2dd12efe AppKit`-[NSApplication(NSEvent) sendEvent:] + 2826
frame #34: 0x000000011937d9c1 libqcocoa.dylib`___lldb_unnamed_symbol1104$$libqcocoa.dylib + 62
frame #35: 0x00007fff2db5f5bf AppKit`-[NSApplication run] + 707
frame #36: 0x000000011937af60 libqcocoa.dylib`___lldb_unnamed_symbol997$$libqcocoa.dylib + 1200
frame #37: 0x000000010794fca6 QtCore`QEventLoop::exec(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>) + 282
frame #38: 0x000000010795241d QtCore`QCoreApplication::exec() + 123
frame #39: 0x000000010001229e mythfrontend.real`main + 18110
frame #40: 0x00007fff6a96ccc9 libdyld.dylib`start + 1
frame #41: 0x00007fff6a96ccc9 libdyld.dylib`start + 1

myth`AudioOutputGraph::GetImage:
-> 0x1044689a8 <+2008>: movswl (%rax), %ecx
0x1044689ab <+2011>: movl %ecx, -0x168(%rbp)
0x1044689b1 <+2017>: cmpl $0x1, -0x154(%rbp)
0x1044689b8 <+2024>: jle 0x1044689d4 ; <+2052>

Process 11159 stopped
* thread #1, queue = 'com.apple.main-thread', stop reason = EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x16c13e008)
frame #0: 0x00000001044689a8 myth`AudioOutputGraph::GetImage(long long) const + 2008
myth`AudioOutputGraph::GetImage:
-> 0x1044689a8 <+2008>: movswl (%rax), %ecx
0x1044689ab <+2011>: movl %ecx, -0x168(%rbp)
0x1044689b1 <+2017>: cmpl $0x1, -0x154(%rbp)
0x1044689b8 <+2024>: jle 0x1044689d4 ; <+2052>
Target 0: (mythfrontend.real) stopped.
(lldb)

I'lll try a few more times to see if location changes
James