Mailing List Archive

Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021
This information is in the MythTV wiki at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Metadata_Lookup_Changes_March_2021

Metadata Lookup Changes March 2021

Important.png <https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/File:Important.png>*Note:*For
TV series metadata lookup to continue working, you must update as
described here.

MythTV metadata lookup uses thetvdb.com as source for TV show
information and artwork. TheTVDB is changing their business model to
require a subscription payment to use the API. The existing API will be
shut down around March 2021.

MythTV fixes/31 and master (v32-Pre) have been updated to support two
new sources. For metadata lookups on TV shows to continue working, you
need to upgrade your system. To be able to make the new selection, both
backend and frontend must be upgraded (if you use separate machines for
backend and frontend).

You can select one of these options in mythfrontend -> setup -> Artwork
and Data Sources -> Television Metadata Source. You need to change this
for metadata lookup to continue working. Select one of the following two
options.

* *TheMovieDB.org V3 television*. TheMovieDB is used for Movie
lookups. It can now be used for TV series lookups as well.
* *TVmaze.com*.

If you have recording rules that have inetref specified as
ttvdb.py_nnnnn these must be changed or metadata lookups for future
recordings will fail. Appropriate values are as follows:

* tmdb3tv.py_nnnnn for lookup of TV series using themoviedb.org.
* tvmaze.py_nnnnn for lookup of TV series using tvmaze.com.
* tmdb3.py_nnnnn for lookup of movies using themoviedb.org.

In each case, nnnnn is the inetref for the series or movie at the
appropriate site. These numbers are different for each site, so you
cannot just change the prefix.

You can update recording rules from mythfrontend by clearing out the
inetref field and clicking the search button to search using the source
that you selected in frontend setup. This does not work with
mythfrontend on Android.

Note that it is perfectly acceptable to have some rules using
tmdb3tv.py_nnnnn and some using tvmaze.py_nnnnn at the same time. They
will be looked up using the appropriate service. If you have some that
are still using ttvdb, they will continue to work until the old ttvdb
service is shut down.

If you haveLeanfront <https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Leanfront>on Android
or on an emulator on a PC, you can search both tvmaze and themoviedb
without changing the frontend setup. That way you can check for each
show which service will support it and set up accordingly.

Ubuntu and Xubuntu Focal (20.04)

If you installed using Ubuntu packages, you can add the ppa and perform
an upgrade to get the latest version.

Other distributions

Build from git branch fixes/31 or master, depending on your version.
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 22/02/2021 20:41, Peter Bennett wrote:
> This information is in the MythTV wiki at
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Metadata_Lookup_Changes_March_2021
>

> Metadata Lookup Changes March 2021

It's just awesome that this has been addressed before it becomes a
problem. Astounding work. Thank you.
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 22/02/2021 21:30, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 22/02/2021 20:41, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> This information is in the MythTV wiki at
>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Metadata_Lookup_Changes_March_2021
>>

>>   Metadata Lookup Changes March 2021
>>

> It's just awesome that this has been addressed before it becomes a
> problem. Astounding work. Thank you.

Oh, and a quick question. I'm building my own packages. Any extra build
flags I need for the build and files I need to allocate to packages?
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/22/21 4:37 PM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> On 22/02/2021 21:30, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>> On 22/02/2021 20:41, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>> This information is in the MythTV wiki at
>>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Metadata_Lookup_Changes_March_2021
>>>

>>>   Metadata Lookup Changes March 2021
>>>

>> It's just awesome that this has been addressed before it becomes a
>> problem. Astounding work. Thank you.
>
> Oh, and a quick question. I'm building my own packages. Any extra
> build flags I need for the build and files I need to allocate to
> packages?

Nothing special needs to be done. The normal build will include the new
and changed modules.

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]

> - *TheMovieDB.org V3 television*. TheMovieDB is used for Movie
> lookups. It can now be used for TV series lookups as well.
> - *TVmaze.com*.

Is there any benefit to using one over the other?
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2021-02-22 at 15:41 -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:
> [...]
> source that you selected in frontend setup. This does not work with
> mythfrontend on Android.
> Note that it is perfectly acceptable to have some rules using
> tmdb3tv.py_nnnnn and some using tvmaze.py_nnnnn at the same time.
> They will be looked up using the appropriate service. If you have
> some that are still using ttvdb, they will continue to work until the
> old ttvdb service is shut down.
> If you have Leanfront on Android or on an emulator on a PC, you can
> search both tvmaze and themoviedb without changing the frontend
> setup. That way you can check for each show which service will
> support it and set up accordingly.
> Ubuntu and Xubuntu Focal (20.04)If you installed using Ubuntu
> packages, you can add the ppa and
> perform an upgrade to get the latest version.
> Other distributionsBuild from git branch fixes/31 or master,

peter, where in leanfront do you do the metadata search ?
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 03:41:35PM -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:

> If you have recording rules that have inetref specified as ttvdb.py_nnnnn
> these must be changed or metadata lookups for future recordings will fail.
> Appropriate values are as follows:
>
> * tmdb3tv.py_nnnnn for lookup of TV series using themoviedb.org.
> * tvmaze.py_nnnnn for lookup of TV series using tvmaze.com.
> * tmdb3.py_nnnnn for lookup of movies using themoviedb.org.
>
> In each case, nnnnn is the inetref for the series or movie at the
> appropriate site. These numbers are different for each site, so you cannot
> just change the prefix.

To get a quick idea of how many rules are affected by this,
is this a reasonable query to make?

[mythconverg]> select title,inetref from record where inetref like 't%';
+------------------+-----------------+
| title | inetref |
+------------------+-----------------+
| PBS NewsHour | ttvdb.py_81388 |
| Backyard Science | ttvdb.py_259567 |
+------------------+-----------------+
2 rows in set (0.001 sec)

I ask because there are bunch of tables with 'inetref' columns -
I am guessing the recording rules live in the 'record' table.
Correct?

I'm not not going to be changing things with sql, but it seems
a query like this might make fixing things quicker if only a
few rules are affected.

Just to repeat your explanation with a specific example, for the
above I would have to change ttvdb.py_81388 to tmdb3tv.py_1655
if I wanted to use the tmdb3tv source [1]. But if I find the rule,
clear the inetref field and search for metadata, that should
automatically select the right _nnnn suffix?

Thanks for getting out in front of this change.
Vince

[1] https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1655
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 23/02/2021 09:34, lists@arewethere.net wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 03:41:35PM -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:
>

>> If you have recording rules that have inetref specified as ttvdb.py_nnnnn
>> these must be changed or metadata lookups for future recordings will fail.
>> Appropriate values are as follows:
>>
>> * tmdb3tv.py_nnnnn for lookup of TV series using themoviedb.org.
>> * tvmaze.py_nnnnn for lookup of TV series using tvmaze.com.
>> * tmdb3.py_nnnnn for lookup of movies using themoviedb.org.
>>
>> In each case, nnnnn is the inetref for the series or movie at the
>> appropriate site. These numbers are different for each site, so you cannot
>> just change the prefix.
>>

> To get a quick idea of how many rules are affected by this,
> is this a reasonable query to make?
>
> [mythconverg]> select title,inetref from record where inetref like 't%';
> +------------------+-----------------+
> | title | inetref |
> +------------------+-----------------+
> | PBS NewsHour | ttvdb.py_81388 |
> | Backyard Science | ttvdb.py_259567 |
> +------------------+-----------------+
> 2 rows in set (0.001 sec)
>
> I ask because there are bunch of tables with 'inetref' columns -
> I am guessing the recording rules live in the 'record' table.
> Correct?
>
> I'm not not going to be changing things with sql, but it seems
> a query like this might make fixing things quicker if only a
> few rules are affected.
>
> Just to repeat your explanation with a specific example, for the
> above I would have to change ttvdb.py_81388 to tmdb3tv.py_1655
> if I wanted to use the tmdb3tv source [1]. But if I find the rule,
> clear the inetref field and search for metadata, that should
> automatically select the right _nnnn suffix?

I was thinking I would make changes with SQL. My understanding may well
be off, but I imagined that only the recording rules matter. All
existing recordings will just stay as they are. I'm assuming that any
update process (if there is one), when failing, will just leave the
metadata as is.

For the recording rules I was thinking to just NULL all the inetref
fields and let mythbackend recreate them. I think there's some sort of
automatic process for that.

Am I way off here?

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 22/02/2021 22:49, John Hoyt wrote:

> * *TheMovieDB.org V3 television*. TheMovieDB is used for Movie
> lookups. It can now be used for TV series lookups as well.
> * *TVmaze.com*.
>

> Is there any benefit to using one over the other?

All updated and working here. In a test, admittedly with just one show,
I seemed to get much better results with TheMovieDB.org V3 television.
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 5:44 AM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:

> On 22/02/2021 22:49, John Hoyt wrote:
> >
> > * *TheMovieDB.org V3 television*. TheMovieDB is used for Movie
> > lookups. It can now be used for TV series lookups as well.
> > * *TVmaze.com*.
> >

> > Is there any benefit to using one over the other?
>
> All updated and working here. In a test, admittedly with just one show,
> I seemed to get much better results with TheMovieDB.org V3 television.
>
> Not sure I understand all this and not sure if I should care, but I'll ask
anyway.

1. I updated the backend, and all frontends including FireTV and
Nvidia Shield TV to v31.0-138.
2. I don't know how to change anything about metadata lookups so I
probably have not messed with it.
3. This morning everything that recorded yesterday has metadata, like
details on the story plot, actors, trailer stills

So have I done all I need to do?

Jim A
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2021-02-23 at 06:56 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 5:44 AM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net>
> wrote:
> > On 22/02/2021 22:49, John Hoyt wrote:
> > >
> > >       * *TheMovieDB.org V3 television*. TheMovieDB is used for
> > Movie
> > >         lookups. It can now be used for TV series lookups as
> > well.
> > >       * *TVmaze.com*.
> > >

> > > Is there any benefit to using one over the other?
> >
> > All updated and working here. In a test, admittedly with just one
> > show,
> > I seemed to get much better results with TheMovieDB.org V3
> > television.
> >

> Not sure I understand all this and not sure if I should care, but
> I'll ask anyway.
>
> 1.  I updated the backend, and all frontends including FireTV and
> Nvidia Shield TV to v31.0-138.
> 2.  I don't know how to change anything about metadata lookups so I
> probably have not messed with it.
> 3. This morning everything that recorded yesterday has metadata, like
> details on the story plot, actors, trailer stills
>
> So have I done all I need to do?
>
> Jim A

in frontend in setup, choose artwork and metadata and set tv to one of
the two new sources. tmdb or tvmaze. the ttvdb will not work after
march 1st. currently it still works.
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Is this change being ported back to some older versions? Still on 29-fixes
for now.
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 7:01 AM glen <glenb@glenb.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 2021-02-23 at 06:56 -0500, James Abernathy wrote:
>

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 5:44 AM Paul Gardiner <lists@glidos.net> wrote:
>
> On 22/02/2021 22:49, John Hoyt wrote:
> >
> > * *TheMovieDB.org V3 television*. TheMovieDB is used for Movie
> > lookups. It can now be used for TV series lookups as well.
> > * *TVmaze.com*.
> >

> > Is there any benefit to using one over the other?
>
> All updated and working here. In a test, admittedly with just one show,
> I seemed to get much better results with TheMovieDB.org V3 television.
>

> Not sure I understand all this and not sure if I should care, but I'll ask
> anyway.
>
> 1. I updated the backend, and all frontends including FireTV and
> Nvidia Shield TV to v31.0-138.
> 2. I don't know how to change anything about metadata lookups so I
> probably have not messed with it.
> 3. This morning everything that recorded yesterday has metadata, like
> details on the story plot, actors, trailer stills
>
> So have I done all I need to do?
>
> Jim A
>
> in frontend in setup, choose artwork and metadata and set tv to one of the
> two new sources. tmdb or tvmaze. the ttvdb will not work after march 1st.
> currently it still works.

Only my PC based front ends have anything in the Artwork and Metadata setup
and it's TheMovieDB.org v3 that is mentioned in the OP. The Television
section has that as well, but can be changed to tvmaze, but it's set the
same as movies now. Android TV frontends don't have anything in those
fields, which I'm told is normal.

So I didn't change anything and the updates seem to have updated those
settings now for the March 31st change.
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/22/21 8:23 PM, glen wrote:
> peter, where in leanfront do you do the metadata search ?

Make sure you have the latest leanfront from the new download site.

Bottom of the main screen -> Tools -> Manage Recordings -> Recording Rules.

Right arrow to one of the rules, press enter, down arrow to Metadata
Settings.

Press Enter on Metadata Settings, down arrow to buttons for searching
TheMovieDB and tvmaze.

Peter
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/23/21 4:34 AM, lists@arewethere.net wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 03:41:35PM -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:
>
>> If you have recording rules that have inetref specified as ttvdb.py_nnnnn
>> these must be changed or metadata lookups for future recordings will fail.
>> Appropriate values are as follows:
>>
>> * tmdb3tv.py_nnnnn for lookup of TV series using themoviedb.org.
>> * tvmaze.py_nnnnn for lookup of TV series using tvmaze.com.
>> * tmdb3.py_nnnnn for lookup of movies using themoviedb.org.
>>
>> In each case, nnnnn is the inetref for the series or movie at the
>> appropriate site. These numbers are different for each site, so you cannot
>> just change the prefix.
>>
> To get a quick idea of how many rules are affected by this,
> is this a reasonable query to make?
>
> [mythconverg]> select title,inetref from record where inetref like 't%';
> +------------------+-----------------+
> | title | inetref |
> +------------------+-----------------+
> | PBS NewsHour | ttvdb.py_81388 |
> | Backyard Science | ttvdb.py_259567 |
> +------------------+-----------------+
> 2 rows in set (0.001 sec)
>
> I ask because there are bunch of tables with 'inetref' columns -
> I am guessing the recording rules live in the 'record' table.
> Correct?
Correct.
> I'm not not going to be changing things with sql, but it seems
> a query like this might make fixing things quicker if only a
> few rules are affected.
>
> Just to repeat your explanation with a specific example, for the
> above I would have to change ttvdb.py_81388 to tmdb3tv.py_1655
> if I wanted to use the tmdb3tv source [1]. But if I find the rule,
> clear the inetref field and search for metadata, that should
> automatically select the right _nnnn suffix?
Correct. You can see it make the change on screen when you do that, then
save the change.

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2021-02-23 at 09:41 -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 2/22/21 8:23 PM, glen wrote:
>
> > peter, where in leanfront do you do the metadata search ?
> Make sure you have the latest leanfront from the new download site.
> Bottom of the main screen -> Tools -> Manage Recordings -> Recording
> Rules.
> Right arrow to one of the rules, press enter, down arrow to Metadata
> Settings.
> Press Enter on Metadata Settings, down arrow to buttons for searching
> TheMovieDB and tvmaze.
> Peter

thanks peter, got it. i'm on arch linux, i rebuilt myth and installed
current android clients i use. i'm all set on future recordings. not
sure about large library of existing recordings. would there be a way
to make a script to remove all ttvdb.py references and then run
mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all and mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all-
artwork to fix everything else ?
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/23/21 10:25 AM, glen wrote:
> thanks peter, got it. i'm on arch linux, i rebuilt myth and installed
> current android clients i use. i'm all set on future recordings. not
> sure about large library of existing recordings. would there be a way
> to make a script to remove all ttvdb.py references and then run
> mythmetadatalookup --refresh-all and mythmetadatalookup
> --refresh-all-artwork to fix everything else ?

Existing recordings will be OK. They have already downloaded their
artwork etc. I would just leave them as is. I am not sure about the
refresh-all and refresh-all-artwork. I don't think they will perform
lookups to find an updated inetref for the recordings.
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/23/21 5:41 AM, Paul Gardiner wrote:
> I was thinking I would make changes with SQL. My understanding may
> well be off, but I imagined that only the recording rules matter. All
> existing recordings will just stay as they are. I'm assuming that any
> update process (if there is one), when failing, will just leave the
> metadata as is.
>
> For the recording rules I was thinking to just NULL all the inetref
> fields and let mythbackend recreate them. I think there's some sort of
> automatic process for that.
>
> Am I way off here?

mythbackend will not update inetref in the recording rules.
metadatalookup for individual recordings will update it for the
recording but will not update the recording rule. You can leave the
entries in the recording rules blank and metadata lookup will find a
result based on the name. If the first result for that name is the
correct show, it will work fine. The main reason for adding the inetref
to a recording rule is for when there are more than one show with the
same name, and it may select the wrong one. Another reason is if the
name in tmaze or tmdb does not match the name in the schedule. (Like all
the PBS shows called xxxxx on Masterpiece where xxxxx is the actual show
name.)
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/23/21 6:56 AM, James Abernathy wrote:
> Not sure I understand all this and not sure if I should care, but I'll
> ask anyway.
>
> 1.  I updated the backend, and all frontends including FireTV and
> Nvidia Shield TV to v31.0-138.
> 2.  I don't know how to change anything about metadata lookups so I
> probably have not messed with it.
> 3. This morning everything that recorded yesterday has metadata, like
> details on the story plot, actors, trailer stills
>
> So have I done all I need to do?
>
> Jim A

As long as you went into the fronetnd setup for artwork and metadata and
changed The TV Database to one of the other options you should be fine.
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/23/21 7:12 AM, Ian Evans wrote:
> Is this change being ported back to some older versions? Still on
> 29-fixes for now.

You must be on an older version of Linux. I see that the v0.29 ppa has
not been built since 2019, so I don't know if it is still built. It
probably has python 2.

The metadata lookup python modules are independent of the mythtv
version, and should probably have been a separate package.

It may be possible to drop the new modules into your installation and
compile the python, and it should work, but I don't have an easy way of
testing it.

Anybody interested in testing this?

Peter
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Heads up for anyone using the deb-multimedia packages:

On Mon, 2021-02-22 at 15:41 -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:
> You can select one of these options in mythfrontend -> setup ->
> Artwork and Data Sources -> Television Metadata Source.

I'm running 31.0+fixes20210206.git7763a3363d-dmo1 from the deb-
multimedia.org packages so I should have the new TheMovieDB TV option
but not yet the tvmaze one. However the file is not executable so the
frontend doesn't find it. Fixed for now with:

$ sudo chmod +x /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py

and reported to the deb-multimedia.org maintainer.

I presume this is a packaging issue not a mythtv build/install issue
otherwise it would have been mentioned here already.

Cheers,
Ian.

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]

> On 2/23/21 7:12 AM, Ian Evans wrote:
>

> Is this change being ported back to some older versions? Still on 29-fixes for now.

> You must be on an older version of Linux. I see that the v0.29
> ppa has not been built since 2019, so I don't know if it is still built. It probably has python 2.
> The metadata lookup python modules are independent of the mythtv
> version, and should probably have been a separate package.
> It may be possible to drop the new modules into your installation
> and compile the python, and it should work, but I don't have an easy way of testing it.
> Anybody interested in testing this?
> Peter

Hoi Peter,

I might. I run Gentoo with both python 2 and 3 and know my python. I
still run 0.27.
Where can I find the package? Is it possible to fool these older
versions by renaming the new package to the old name or is the in-
and/or output different?

Tot mails,
Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Need some clarification on the Artwork and Data Sources settings and
processing.

My understanding which is probably wrong is:

- The backend runs the metadata lookup job when a TV program is being
recorded as a part of post-processing.

- You set the sources of the metadata lookup for the backend via the
mythfrontend setup -> Artwork and Data Sources

So my question is if on one x86_64 mythfrontend, I change to the new
TheMovieDB.org V3 Television, will that fix the problem for the old site
being shutdown?

I ask because I had it set right on one frontend and then checked this
morning on a different frontend and it showed the old tvdb setting.

Jim A

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/23/21 5:58 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 6:17:00 PM, you wrote:
>

>> On 2/23/21 7:12 AM, Ian Evans wrote:
>>

>> Is this change being ported back to some older versions? Still on 29-fixes for now.
>

>> You must be on an older version of Linux. I see that the v0.29
>> ppa has not been built since 2019, so I don't know if it is still built. It probably has python 2.
>> The metadata lookup python modules are independent of the mythtv
>> version, and should probably have been a separate package.
>> It may be possible to drop the new modules into your installation
>> and compile the python, and it should work, but I don't have an easy way of testing it.
>> Anybody interested in testing this?
>> Peter
>>
> Hoi Peter,
>
> I might. I run Gentoo with both python 2 and 3 and know my python. I
> still run 0.27.
> Where can I find the package? Is it possible to fool these older
> versions by renaming the new package to the old name or is the in-
> and/or output different?
>
> Tot mails,
> Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

Hi Hika

It should work if you copy the new scripts into your system. The new
scripts are supposed to be compatible with both python2 and python3.
They definitely work with python 3.

Check your python path by running
python3
import sys
sys.path

Find the correct path for dist-packages, using the same one that is used
for your old version of mythtv.

Copy the files from the latest MythTV github, on both backend and
frontend (using your correct dist-packages path):

github  mythtv/bindings/python/tmdb3/tmdb3/* ->
/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/

github  mythtv/bindings/python/tvmaze/* ->
/usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/MythTV/tvmaze/

These use the /usr/share path:

github mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py ->
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/

github mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py ->
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/

Compile the new stuff in /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/MythTV
subdirectories to create the __pycache__ directory in each.
python3 -m py_compile *.py

Test it by running these

Display help page
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -h

Display series data xml
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk

Display episode data xml
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
"Mr. Monk and the Psychic"

Display episode data xml
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N Monk
"Mr. Monk and the Psychic"

Run the same tests for tvmaze.py

Let me know if this works.

Note: You need to install them on all frontends and backend.

Peter