Mailing List Archive

1 2 3 4  View All
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/24/21 1:10 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 2/24/21 6:41 AM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>> Need some clarification on the Artwork and Data Sources settings and
>> processing.
>>
>> My understanding which is probably wrong is:
>>
>> - The backend runs the metadata lookup job when a TV program is being
>> recorded as a part of post-processing.
>>
>> - You set the sources of the metadata lookup for the backend via the
>> mythfrontend setup -> Artwork and Data Sources
>>
>> So my question is if on one x86_64 mythfrontend, I change to the new
>> TheMovieDB.org V3 Television, will that fix the problem for the old
>> site being shutdown?
>>
>> I ask because I had it set right on one frontend and then checked
>> this morning on a different frontend and it showed the old tvdb setting.
>>
>> Jim A

> Probably you did not install the upgraded MythTV version on the second
> frontend. It should show the same on all frontends since it is a
> system-wide setting.
Another possibility is that one or more of the Python scripts is missing
on the frontend. The frontend verifies that each script exists before
adding it to the list of choices. I built my own RPMs from scratch and
ran into this.
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/24/2021 10:08 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> [...]
>>> ppa has not been built since 2019, so I don't know if it is still
>>> built. It probably has python 2.
>>> The metadata lookup python modules are independent of the mythtv
>>> version, and should probably have been a separate package.
>>> It may be possible to drop the new modules into your installation
>>> and compile the python, and it should work, but I don't have an
>>> easy way of testing it.
>>> Anybody interested in testing this?
>>> Peter
>> Hoi Peter,
>>
>> I might. I run Gentoo with both python 2 and 3 and know my python. I
>> still run 0.27.
>> Where can I find the package? Is it possible to fool these older
>> versions by renaming the new package to the old name or is the in-
>> and/or output different?
>>
>> Tot mails,
>>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com
>>
>> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
>> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
>> Het eeuwige dilemma
>> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>>
>> De lerende Mens
>>
> Hi Hika
>
> It should work if you copy the new scripts into your system. The new
> scripts are supposed to be compatible with both python2 and python3.
> They definitely work with python 3.
>
> Check your python path by running
> python3
> import sys
> sys.path
>
> Find the correct path for dist-packages, using the same one that is
> used for your old version of mythtv.
>
> Copy the files from the latest MythTV github, on both backend and
> frontend (using your correct dist-packages path):
>
> github  mythtv/bindings/python/tmdb3/tmdb3/* ->
> /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/
>
> github  mythtv/bindings/python/tvmaze/* ->
> /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/MythTV/tvmaze/
>
> These use the /usr/share path:
>
> github mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py ->
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/
>
> github mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py ->
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/
>
> Compile the new stuff in /usr/local/lib/python3.8/dist-packages/MythTV
> subdirectories to create the __pycache__ directory in each.
> python3 -m py_compile *.py
>
> Test it by running these
>
> Display help page
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -h
>
> Display series data xml
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
>
> Display episode data xml
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"
>
> Display episode data xml
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N Monk
> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"
>
> Run the same tests for tvmaze.py
>
> Let me know if this works.
>
> Note: You need to install them on all frontends and backend.

I'm running 0.29 on mythbuntu 16.04. All the mythtv python libs are in
the python2.7 dist-packages so that's where I installed the tmdb3 and
tvmaze files. It appears that tvmaze.py requires python 3 so I just
tried testing tmdb3.py but it bombed trying to retrieve the episode data:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py", line 159, in
<module>
    sys.exit(main("television",'tmdb3tv.py'))
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py", line 133, in
main
    xml = buildEpisode(args[0:2], opts)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/lookup.py", line
300, in buildEpisode
    if query.isnumeric():
AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'isnumeric'

which I guess indicates a python2 vs python3 mismatch.

John
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi John,

> I'm running 0.29 on mythbuntu 16.04. All the mythtv python libs are in
> the python2.7 dist-packages so that's where I installed the tmdb3 and
> tvmaze files. It appears that tvmaze.py requires python 3 so I just
> tried testing tmdb3.py but it bombed trying to retrieve the episode data:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py", line 159, in
> <module>
>     sys.exit(main("television",'tmdb3tv.py'))
>   File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py", line 133, in
> main
>     xml = buildEpisode(args[0:2], opts)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/lookup.py", line
> 300, in buildEpisode
>     if query.isnumeric():
> AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'isnumeric'

> which I guess indicates a python2 vs python3 mismatch.

> John

To test tvmaze.py with python2, change the first line:

#!/usr/bin/env python3

to:

#!/usr/bin/env python

or if your system is not set to default to python2:

#!/usr/bin/env python2

I'll come back later with my testresults.

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
> [...]
>>
>> Peter
>
> I'm running 0.29 on mythbuntu 16.04. All the mythtv python libs are in the python2.7 dist-packages so that's where I installed the tmdb3 and tvmaze files. It appears that tvmaze.py requires python 3 so I just tried testing tmdb3.py but it bombed trying to retrieve the episode data:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py", line 159, in <module>
> sys.exit(main("television",'tmdb3tv.py'))
> File "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py", line 133, in main
> xml = buildEpisode(args[0:2], opts)
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/lookup.py", line 300, in buildEpisode
> if query.isnumeric():
> AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'isnumeric'
>
> which I guess indicates a python2 vs python3 mismatch.

I just installed John's osx build.
I see the grabber options for TV but not fot the movie grabber..
I've not understood is only the TV grabber affected for now.

Pardon the dumb question: As for as I can tell the TV grabber grabs cover art (which sometimes obscures the listings

http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth.png <http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth.png>

what else does it give?

James
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Peter,

> Test it by running these

> Display help page
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -h

> Display series data xml
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk

> Display episode data xml
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"

> Display episode data xml
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N Monk
> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"

> Run the same tests for tvmaze.py

> Let me know if this works.

> Note: You need to install them on all frontends and backend.

> Peter

OK, for tvmaze.py

First to use it on older mythtv versions with python 2.7 change the first line of tvmaze.py to:

#!/usr/bin/env python2

I was missing the following python libraries:

https://pypi.org/project/requests-cache/
https://pypi.org/project/python-dateutil/1.4/

bug line 504:

if not os.path.exists(cachedir):
- os.makedirs(cachepath)
+ os.makedirs(cachedir)
if sys.version_info[0] == 2:

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695 "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"
gave:
`ERROR: <type 'exceptions.Exception'> : Cannot find episodes for inetref '1695'.`

The rest gave proper output.

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]

> I just installed John's osx build.
> I see the grabber options for TV but not fot the movie grabber..
> I've not understood is only the TV grabber affected for now.
>
> Pardon the dumb question: As for as I can tell the TV grabber grabs cover
> art (which sometimes obscures the listings
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth.png

Hi James, my apologies, I'm not quite sure what you're asking.

I did update the macOS builds yesterday which include the update tmdbv3 and
tvmaze grabbers.

The update should only affect the TV grabbers in settings - the movie
grabber remains tmdbv3 by default.
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Peter,

> Test it by running these

> Display help page
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -h

> Display series data xml
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk

> Display episode data xml
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"

> Display episode data xml
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N Monk
> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"

> Run the same tests for tvmaze.py

> Let me know if this works.

> Note: You need to install them on all frontends and backend.

> Peter

With tmdb3tv I encounter a more complex issue that I as jet do not
fully understand. I was missing: https://pypi.org/project/future/0.6.0/
that next after installing gave the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./tmdb3tv.py", line 159, in <module>
sys.exit(main("television",'tmdb3tv.py'))
File "./tmdb3tv.py", line 79, in main
from MythTV.tmdb3.lookup import timeouthandler
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
from .tmdb_api import Configuration, searchMovie, searchMovieWithYear, \
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/tmdb_api.py", line 69, in <module>
from .request import set_key, Request
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/request.py", line 12, in <module>
from .cache import Cache
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/cache.py", line 13, in <module>
from .cache_engine import Engines
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/cache_engine.py", line 47, in <module>
class CacheEngine(with_metaclass(CacheEngineType, object)):
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/future-0.6.0-py2.7.egg/future/utils/__init__.py", line 125, in with_metaclass
return metaclass('temporary_class', None, {})
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/future-0.6.0-py2.7.egg/future/utils/__init__.py", line 123, in __new__
return type.__new__(cls, name, (), d)
TypeError: type() argument 1 must be string, not unicode

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Hika,

> Hoi Peter,

> Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 7:08:16 PM, you wrote:

>> Test it by running these

>> Display help page
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -h

>> Display series data xml
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk

>> Display episode data xml
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
>> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"

>> Display episode data xml
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N Monk
>> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"

>> Run the same tests for tvmaze.py

>> Let me know if this works.

>> Note: You need to install them on all frontends and backend.

>> Peter

> OK, for tvmaze.py

> First to use it on older mythtv versions with python 2.7 change the first line of tvmaze.py to:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python2

> I was missing the following python libraries:
>
> https://pypi.org/project/requests-cache/
> https://pypi.org/project/python-dateutil/1.4/

> bug line 504:
>
> if not os.path.exists(cachedir):
> - os.makedirs(cachepath)
> + os.makedirs(cachedir)
> if sys.version_info[0] == 2:

> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695 "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"
> gave:
> `ERROR: <type 'exceptions.Exception'> : Cannot find episodes for inetref '1695'.`

> The rest gave proper output.

> Tot mails,
> Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com

I later realized that the error was because the inetref was for
tmdb3tv.
So substituting 1695 with 543 gave proper output.

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
> On 25 Feb 2021, at 8:34 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just installed John's osx build.
> I see the grabber options for TV but not fot the movie grabber..
> I've not understood is only the TV grabber affected for now.
>
> Pardon the dumb question: As for as I can tell the TV grabber grabs cover art (which sometimes obscures the listings
>
> http://tigger.ws/downloads/myth.png
>
> Hi James, my apologies, I'm not quite sure what you're asking.
>
> I did update the macOS builds yesterday which include the update tmdbv3 and tvmaze grabbers.
>
> The update should only affect the TV grabbers in settings - the movie grabber remains tmdbv3 by default.

John
thanks.
Cleared the fog of me-no-understand
James
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 25/02/2021 00:37, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Peter,
>
> Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 7:08:16 PM, you wrote:
>

>> Test it by running these
>
>> Display help page
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -h
>
>> Display series data xml
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
>
>> Display episode data xml
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
>> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"
>
>> Display episode data xml
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N Monk
>> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"
>
>> Run the same tests for tvmaze.py
>
>> Let me know if this works.
>
>> Note: You need to install them on all frontends and backend.
>
>> Peter
>
> With tmdb3tv I encounter a more complex issue that I as jet do not
> fully understand. I was missing: https://pypi.org/project/future/0.6.0/
> that next after installing gave the following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "./tmdb3tv.py", line 159, in <module>
> sys.exit(main("television",'tmdb3tv.py'))
> File "./tmdb3tv.py", line 79, in main
> from MythTV.tmdb3.lookup import timeouthandler
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
> from .tmdb_api import Configuration, searchMovie, searchMovieWithYear, \
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/tmdb_api.py", line 69, in <module>
> from .request import set_key, Request
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/request.py", line 12, in <module>
> from .cache import Cache
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/cache.py", line 13, in <module>
> from .cache_engine import Engines
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/cache_engine.py", line 47, in <module>
> class CacheEngine(with_metaclass(CacheEngineType, object)):
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/future-0.6.0-py2.7.egg/future/utils/__init__.py", line 125, in with_metaclass
> return metaclass('temporary_class', None, {})
> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/future-0.6.0-py2.7.egg/future/utils/__init__.py", line 123, in __new__
> return type.__new__(cls, name, (), d)
> TypeError: type() argument 1 must be string, not unicode

I don't speak python that much, but should the first argument be in single quotes, not double? It is
a literal, so in theory it shouldn't matter which is used, but I suspect that in this case double
quotes would be taken as unicode rather than character.

--

Mike Perkins

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Mike,

> On 25/02/2021 00:37, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Hoi Peter,
>>
>> Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 7:08:16 PM, you wrote:
>>

>>> Test it by running these
>>
>>> Display help page
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -h
>>
>>> Display series data xml
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
>>
>>> Display episode data xml
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
>>> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"
>>
>>> Display episode data xml
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N Monk
>>> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"
>>
>>> Run the same tests for tvmaze.py
>>
>>> Let me know if this works.
>>
>>> Note: You need to install them on all frontends and backend.
>>
>>> Peter
>>
>> With tmdb3tv I encounter a more complex issue that I as jet do not
>> fully understand. I was missing: https://pypi.org/project/future/0.6.0/
>> that next after installing gave the following error:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "./tmdb3tv.py", line 159, in <module>
>> sys.exit(main("television",'tmdb3tv.py'))
>> File "./tmdb3tv.py", line 79, in main
>> from MythTV.tmdb3.lookup import timeouthandler
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
>> from .tmdb_api import Configuration, searchMovie, searchMovieWithYear, \
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/tmdb_api.py", line 69, in <module>
>> from .request import set_key, Request
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/request.py", line 12, in <module>
>> from .cache import Cache
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/cache.py", line 13, in <module>
>> from .cache_engine import Engines
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/cache_engine.py", line 47, in <module>
>> class CacheEngine(with_metaclass(CacheEngineType, object)):
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/future-0.6.0-py2.7.egg/future/utils/__init__.py", line 125, in with_metaclass
>> return metaclass('temporary_class', None, {})
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/future-0.6.0-py2.7.egg/future/utils/__init__.py", line 123, in __new__
>> return type.__new__(cls, name, (), d)
>> TypeError: type() argument 1 must be string, not unicode

> I don't speak python that much, but should the first argument be in single quotes, not double? It is
> a literal, so in theory it shouldn't matter which is used, but I suspect that in this case double
> quotes would be taken as unicode rather than character.

As far as I know single and double quotes are identical in python. You
only can not close the one with the other. I personally always use
single and reserve the double quotes to use inside the text to avoid
having to escape.
That said, it looks sloppy to mix them within one command.

However I tried your suggestion, but to no avail.

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 09:40:16 +0000, you wrote:

>On 25/02/2021 00:37, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Hoi Peter,
>>
>> Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 7:08:16 PM, you wrote:
>>

>>> Test it by running these
>>
>>> Display help page
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -h
>>
>>> Display series data xml
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
>>
>>> Display episode data xml
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
>>> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"
>>
>>> Display episode data xml
>>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N Monk
>>> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"
>>
>>> Run the same tests for tvmaze.py
>>
>>> Let me know if this works.
>>
>>> Note: You need to install them on all frontends and backend.
>>
>>> Peter
>>
>> With tmdb3tv I encounter a more complex issue that I as jet do not
>> fully understand. I was missing: https://pypi.org/project/future/0.6.0/
>> that next after installing gave the following error:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "./tmdb3tv.py", line 159, in <module>
>> sys.exit(main("television",'tmdb3tv.py'))
>> File "./tmdb3tv.py", line 79, in main
>> from MythTV.tmdb3.lookup import timeouthandler
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
>> from .tmdb_api import Configuration, searchMovie, searchMovieWithYear, \
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/tmdb_api.py", line 69, in <module>
>> from .request import set_key, Request
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/request.py", line 12, in <module>
>> from .cache import Cache
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/cache.py", line 13, in <module>
>> from .cache_engine import Engines
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/cache_engine.py", line 47, in <module>
>> class CacheEngine(with_metaclass(CacheEngineType, object)):
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/future-0.6.0-py2.7.egg/future/utils/__init__.py", line 125, in with_metaclass
>> return metaclass('temporary_class', None, {})
>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/future-0.6.0-py2.7.egg/future/utils/__init__.py", line 123, in __new__
>> return type.__new__(cls, name, (), d)
>> TypeError: type() argument 1 must be string, not unicode
>
>I don't speak python that much, but should the first argument be in single quotes, not double? It is
>a literal, so in theory it shouldn't matter which is used, but I suspect that in this case double
>quotes would be taken as unicode rather than character.

The current version of the "future" package is 0.18.2. As this
exception is happening in the future package, my guess is that 0.6.0
is way too old and is incompatible with modern Python 3 code
somewhere. Unicode versus string problems are common with converting
Python 2 to Python 3 - this is one major area where they are
incompatible with each other.
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Stephen,

> On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 09:40:16 +0000, you wrote:

>>On 25/02/2021 00:37, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>>> Hoi Peter,

>>> With tmdb3tv I encounter a more complex issue that I as jet do not
>>> fully understand. I was missing: https://pypi.org/project/future/0.6.0/
>>> that next after installing gave the following error:
>>>
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>> File "./tmdb3tv.py", line 159, in <module>
>>> sys.exit(main("television",'tmdb3tv.py'))
>>> File "./tmdb3tv.py", line 79, in main
>>> from MythTV.tmdb3.lookup import timeouthandler
>>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
>>> from .tmdb_api import Configuration, searchMovie, searchMovieWithYear, \
>>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/tmdb_api.py", line 69, in <module>
>>> from .request import set_key, Request
>>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/request.py", line 12, in <module>
>>> from .cache import Cache
>>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/cache.py", line 13, in <module>
>>> from .cache_engine import Engines
>>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV/tmdb3/cache_engine.py", line 47, in <module>
>>> class CacheEngine(with_metaclass(CacheEngineType, object)):
>>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/future-0.6.0-py2.7.egg/future/utils/__init__.py", line 125, in with_metaclass
>>> return metaclass('temporary_class', None, {})
>>> File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/future-0.6.0-py2.7.egg/future/utils/__init__.py", line 123, in __new__
>>> return type.__new__(cls, name, (), d)
>>> TypeError: type() argument 1 must be string, not unicode
>>
>>I don't speak python that much, but should the first argument be in single quotes, not double? It is
>>a literal, so in theory it shouldn't matter which is used, but I suspect that in this case double
>>quotes would be taken as unicode rather than character.

> The current version of the "future" package is 0.18.2. As this
> exception is happening in the future package, my guess is that 0.6.0
> is way too old and is incompatible with modern Python 3 code
> somewhere. Unicode versus string problems are common with converting
> Python 2 to Python 3 - this is one major area where they are
> incompatible with each other.

Thanks, I googled and got that version. But a searching directly on
pypi.org gave me the right version:
https://pypi.org/project/future/

and now it works OK.

In the mean time I tried installing the complete recent bindings on
python3 next to the old one on python2. I get:
ERROR: <class 'MythTV.exception.MythError'> : No viable database module found

I guess mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python/setup.py from git does not
install the complete bindings? Or are other python modules missing?

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 15:57:14 +0100, you wrote:

>Hoi Stephen,

>Thanks, I googled and got that version. But a searching directly on
>pypi.org gave me the right version:
>https://pypi.org/project/future/
>
>and now it works OK.
>
>In the mean time I tried installing the complete recent bindings on
>python3 next to the old one on python2. I get:
>ERROR: <class 'MythTV.exception.MythError'> : No viable database module found
>
>I guess mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python/setup.py from git does not
>install the complete bindings? Or are other python modules missing?

In Ubuntu 20.04 from my v31-fixes install from the PPA packages, I
have a copy of what looks like this:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/master/mythtv/bindings/python/MythTV

installed in this directory:

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/MythTV

That looks to be the full set of files for the Python 3 bindings.
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Stephen,

> On Thu, 25 Feb 2021 15:57:14 +0100, you wrote:

>>Hoi Stephen,

>>Thanks, I googled and got that version. But a searching directly on
>>pypi.org gave me the right version:
>>https://pypi.org/project/future/
>>
>>and now it works OK.
>>
>>In the mean time I tried installing the complete recent bindings on
>>python3 next to the old one on python2. I get:
>>ERROR: <class 'MythTV.exception.MythError'> : No viable database module found
>>
>>I guess mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python/setup.py from git does not
>>install the complete bindings? Or are other python modules missing?

> In Ubuntu 20.04 from my v31-fixes install from the PPA packages, I
> have a copy of what looks like this:

> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/master/mythtv/bindings/python/MythTV

> installed in this directory:

> /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/MythTV

> That looks to be the full set of files for the Python 3 bindings.

It was an ambiguous error. The python2 mysql module 'mysql-python' was
forked and renamed to 'mysqlclient'. So I had no mysql module under
python3. Took some fiddling under gentoo to keep the old one for
python 2.7 and the new one for python3 as they excluded each other.

But now both tvmaze.py and tmdb3tv.py work under both python2 with
partial adapted 0.27 bindings and under python3 with the current
bindings.

Next step is integration in older mythtv versions that have no
knowledge of those two new metadata grabbers and there I am a bit out
of my depth.
I can only think of renaming either one of the two to ttvdb.py and
update the inetrefs. But that requires their in- and output behaviour
to be exactly the same! And my first tests seem to indicate that is
not the case :-(

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hi Hika

On 2/25/21 11:19 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> It was an ambiguous error. The python2 mysql module 'mysql-python' was
> forked and renamed to 'mysqlclient'. So I had no mysql module under
> python3. Took some fiddling under gentoo to keep the old one for
> python 2.7 and the new one for python3 as they excluded each other.
>
> But now both tvmaze.py and tmdb3tv.py work under both python2 with
> partial adapted 0.27 bindings and under python3 with the current
> bindings.
>
> Next step is integration in older mythtv versions that have no
> knowledge of those two new metadata grabbers and there I am a bit out
> of my depth.
> I can only think of renaming either one of the two to ttvdb.py and
> update the inetrefs. But that requires their in- and output behaviour
> to be exactly the same! And my first tests seem to indicate that is
> not the case:-(
>

> Tot mails,
> Hikamailto:hikavdh@gmail.com

Do you have a list of steps needed to get it to work with version 0.27,
for other people that are on older version of MythTV?

Peter

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Peter,

> Hi Hika

> On 2/25/21 11:19 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> It was an ambiguous error. The python2 mysql module 'mysql-python' was
>> forked and renamed to 'mysqlclient'. So I had no mysql module under
>> python3. Took some fiddling under gentoo to keep the old one for
>> python 2.7 and the new one for python3 as they excluded each other.
>>
>> But now both tvmaze.py and tmdb3tv.py work under both python2 with
>> partial adapted 0.27 bindings and under python3 with the current
>> bindings.
>>
>> Next step is integration in older mythtv versions that have no
>> knowledge of those two new metadata grabbers and there I am a bit out
>> of my depth.
>> I can only think of renaming either one of the two to ttvdb.py and
>> update the inetrefs. But that requires their in- and output behaviour
>> to be exactly the same! And my first tests seem to indicate that is
>> not the case:-(
>>

>> Tot mails,
>> Hikamailto:hikavdh@gmail.com

> Do you have a list of steps needed to get it to work with version 0.27,
> for other people that are on older version of MythTV?

> Peter

Get the latest version of mythtv from github:
Make directory where to place it and go there
run:
git clone https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git mythtv

If that does not work, first install git!

Next either install the pythonbindings from there into python3:
go inside the downloaded data to:
...mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python
(substitute ... with the location you downloaded it to)
run:
sudo python3 ./setup.py install
install the following python modules if not jet there:
https://pypi.org/project/mysqlclient/
https://pypi.org/project/requests/
https://pypi.org/project/requests-cache/
https://pypi.org/project/python-dateutil/
https://pypi.org/project/future
by either
downloading the sourcefiles from above links,
unpacking them
and from the main directory within the unpacked files run:
sudo python3 ./setup.py install
or by finding the appropriate modules for your distribution.

or update the apropriate bindingfiles in your python2.7 binding directory
on my system:
/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MythTV
on others possibly:
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV
or a variation of the above.

Go to that directory
first backup the tmdb3 directory in there by renaming it to tmdb3.bak:
mv tmdb3 tmdb3.bak
copy from the above downloaded git files the tmdb3 and tvmaze directory into this MythTV directory:
sudo cp -rp ...mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python/tmdb3/tmdb3/ .
sudo cp -rp ...mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python/tvmaze/ .
(substitute ... with the location you downloaded mythtv into)
install the following python modules if not jet there:
https://pypi.org/project/requests/
https://pypi.org/project/requests-cache/
https://pypi.org/project/python-dateutil/
https://pypi.org/project/future
by either
downloading the sourcefiles from above links,
unpacking them
and from the main directory within the unpacked files run:
sudo python2 ./setup.py install
or by finding the appropriate modules for your distribution.

Go to the location of the graberfiles in:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/
sudo cp -p ...mythtv/mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py .
sudo cp -p ...mythtv/mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py .
(substitute ... with the location you downloaded mythtv into)
fix the bug at line 504 in tvmaze.py

if not os.path.exists(cachedir):
- os.makedirs(cachepath)
+ os.makedirs(cachedir)
if sys.version_info[0] == 2:

if you installed the python3 bindings, ensure the first line of both files points to python3:
#!/usr/bin/env python3

if you updated the python2 bindings,ensure the first line of both files points to python2:
#!/usr/bin/env python2

if you updated the python2 bindings, you also have to update tmdb3.py in
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/
go there and run:
sudo cp -p ...mythtv/mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py .
(substitute ... with the location you downloaded mythtv into)
I have not tested this tmdb3.py version with python2!

Tests:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -t
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -M Monk

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/25/21 8:57 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Stephen,
>
> Thursday, February 25, 2021, 3:12:21 PM, you wrote:

>>> I don't speak python that much, but should the first argument be in single quotes, not double? It is
>>> a literal, so in theory it shouldn't matter which is used, but I suspect that in this case double
>>> quotes would be taken as unicode rather than character.
>
>> The current version of the "future" package is 0.18.2. As this
>> exception is happening in the future package, my guess is that 0.6.0
>> is way too old and is incompatible with modern Python 3 code
>> somewhere. Unicode versus string problems are common with converting
>> Python 2 to Python 3 - this is one major area where they are
>> incompatible with each other.
>
> Thanks, I googled and got that version. But a searching directly on
> pypi.org gave me the right version:
> https://pypi.org/project/future/
>
> and now it works OK.
>
> In the mean time I tried installing the complete recent bindings on
> python3 next to the old one on python2. I get:
> ERROR: <class 'MythTV.exception.MythError'> : No viable database module found
>
> I guess mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python/setup.py from git does not
> install the complete bindings? Or are other python modules missing?

Make calls setup.py and installs per what's done a configure time. This may help.

I haven't used the following in months, but when testing v31 with Python 2.7 and 3.x
it installed both. Again, not tested recently and not intended for long term
solutions.

#!/bin/sh

# ASSUMES ./configure installed with python3.

PY2_VERSION=$(python2 --version 2>&1 | awk 'BEGIN {FS="[ .]"} {print $2"."$3}')
PY3_VERSION=$(python3 --version 2>&1 | awk 'BEGIN {FS="[ .]"} {print $2"."$3}')

PY2_DIR=/usr/local/lib/python${PY2_VERSION}/dist-packages/MythTV
PY3_DIR=/usr/local/lib/python${PY3_VERSION}/dist-packages/MythTV

cd ~/source/mythtv/mythtv/bindings/python

make clean PREFIX=/usr/local PYTHON=python2
make clean PREFIX=/usr/local PYTHON=python3
make PREFIX=/usr/local PYTHON=python2
sudo make install PREFIX=/usr/local PYTHON=python2

ls -al $PY2_DIR $PY3_DIR

--
Bill
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/25/21 1:45 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Get the latest version of mythtv from github:
> Make directory where to place it and go there

Hika has written detailed instructions for installing the metadata
changes manually on versions of MythTV older than v31. I have added
these instructions to the wiki page at
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Metadata_Lookup_Changes_March_2021 . The
instructions are not simple and are not officially supported. Be
prepared for problems! Let me know if you find things that can be
improved in the instructions.

Thank you Hika!

Note - I removed the part about fixing the bug because that has now been
fixed in github.

Peter

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/25/2021 10:45 AM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> [...]
> if sys.version_info[0] == 2:
>
> if you installed the python3 bindings, ensure the first line of both files points to python3:
> #!/usr/bin/env python3
>
> if you updated the python2 bindings,ensure the first line of both files points to python2:
> #!/usr/bin/env python2
>
> if you updated the python2 bindings, you also have to update tmdb3.py in
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/
> go there and run:
> sudo cp -p ...mythtv/mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py .
> (substitute ... with the location you downloaded mythtv into)
> I have not tested this tmdb3.py version with python2!
>
> Tests:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -t
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -M Monk

On my system with python2.7 I had to hack the lookup.py file line 300 from:

   if query.isnumeric():

to:

   if unicode(query).isnumeric():

because the string in query is not unicode.

John
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Peter,

> On 2/25/21 1:45 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Get the latest version of mythtv from github:
>> Make directory where to place it and go there

> Hika has written detailed instructions for installing the metadata
> changes manually on versions of MythTV older than v31. I have added
> these instructions to the wiki page at
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Metadata_Lookup_Changes_March_2021 . The
> instructions are not simple and are not officially supported. Be
> prepared for problems! Let me know if you find things that can be
> improved in the instructions.

> Thank you Hika!

> Note - I removed the part about fixing the bug because that has now been
> fixed in github.

> Peter

I have tested the integration with mythtv and that works. Even beter
than I had expected!
I thought it possible that mythmetadatalookup would simply use the
script name in the inetref, but I thought first to test what would
happen if I renamed tvmaze.py to ttvdb.py and it worked. So good that
the inetref was after the hit changed to reflect tvmaze.py.

However, if you do not copy either tvmaze.py or tmdb3tv.py to ttvdb.py
searches won't work, it will always come up with a tmdb3.py reference.

So choose which of the two you want and copy (or simlink) that one to
ttvdb.py.

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 9:36 PM John Finlay via mythtv-users <
> [...]

> > #!/usr/bin/env python2
> >
> > if you updated the python2 bindings, you also have to update tmdb3.py in
> > /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/
> > go there and run:
> > sudo cp -p
> ...mythtv/mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py .
> > (substitute ... with the location you downloaded mythtv into)
> > I have not tested this tmdb3.py version with python2!
> >
> > Tests:
> > /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -t
> > /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
> > /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -M Monk
> >

> On my system with python2.7 I had to hack the lookup.py file line 300 from:
>
> if query.isnumeric():
>
> to:
>
> if unicode(query).isnumeric():
>
> because the string in query is not unicode.

I have a fixes/29 system running and can look into this over the weekend.

Roland
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/25/21 1:36 PM, Roland Ernst wrote:

> [...]
> >      go there and run:
> >          sudo cp -p
> ...mythtv/mythtv/programs/scripts/metadata/Movie/tmdb3.py .
> >          (substitute ... with the location you downloaded mythtv
> into)
> >      I have not tested this tmdb3.py version with python2!
> >
> > Tests:
> > /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -t
> > /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
> > /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tvmaze.py -l en -a US -M Monk
> >

> On my system with python2.7 I had to hack the lookup.py file line
> 300 from:
>
>     if query.isnumeric():
>
> to:
>
>     if unicode(query).isnumeric():
>
> because the string in query is not unicode.
>
> John
>

> I have a fixes/29 system running and can look into this over the weekend.

One final note: in order to get mythtv to use tmdb3tv.py I had to
restart the backend after changing the Artwork and Data Sources setting.

Seems to be working as expected now after testing with a recording and a
videos TV program.

John
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/25/21 4:22 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> I have tested the integration with mythtv and that works. Even beter
> than I had expected!
> I thought it possible that mythmetadatalookup would simply use the
> script name in the inetref, but I thought first to test what would
> happen if I renamed tvmaze.py to ttvdb.py and it worked. So good that
> the inetref was after the hit changed to reflect tvmaze.py.
>
> However, if you do not copy either tvmaze.py or tmdb3tv.py to ttvdb.py
> searches won't work, it will always come up with a tmdb3.py reference.
>
> So choose which of the two you want and copy (or simlink) that one to
> ttvdb.py.

Hi Hika

Can you explain this. I don't understand.

All you need to do is go into mythfrontend -> setup -> Artwork and Data
Sources -> Television Metadata Source

Change there to whichever script you want and it will use that script
for shows that do not have the inetref filled in.

If you link one of the other script names to ttvdb.py then those
recording rules and recorded shows that have ttvdb.py_nnnnn in the
inetref will lookup the wrong show because the nnnnn is different for
each of the sources.

Maybe this works differently in 0.27. Does 0.27 have the Artwork and
Data Sources entry?

Peter