Mailing List Archive

1 2 3 4  View All
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Peter,

> On 2/25/21 4:22 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> I have tested the integration with mythtv and that works. Even beter
>> than I had expected!
>> I thought it possible that mythmetadatalookup would simply use the
>> script name in the inetref, but I thought first to test what would
>> happen if I renamed tvmaze.py to ttvdb.py and it worked. So good that
>> the inetref was after the hit changed to reflect tvmaze.py.
>>
>> However, if you do not copy either tvmaze.py or tmdb3tv.py to ttvdb.py
>> searches won't work, it will always come up with a tmdb3.py reference.
>>
>> So choose which of the two you want and copy (or simlink) that one to
>> ttvdb.py.

> Hi Hika

> Can you explain this. I don't understand.

> All you need to do is go into mythfrontend -> setup -> Artwork and Data
Sources ->> Television Metadata Source

> Change there to whichever script you want and it will use that script
> for shows that do not have the inetref filled in.

> If you link one of the other script names to ttvdb.py then those
> recording rules and recorded shows that have ttvdb.py_nnnnn in the
> inetref will lookup the wrong show because the nnnnn is different for
> each of the sources.

> Maybe this works differently in 0.27. Does 0.27 have the Artwork and
> Data Sources entry?

> Peter

OK, I assumed that this option was only introduced recently and was
not available in older versions. So I didn't even check.
But as I just looked, it is already there in 0.27. Thanks!
I already wondered why you were not interested in the integration
part. ;-)

My mistake, to assume without checking.

Tot mails,
Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Peter,

> On 2/25/21 1:45 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Get the latest version of mythtv from github:
>> Make directory where to place it and go there

> Hika has written detailed instructions for installing the metadata
> changes manually on versions of MythTV older than v31. I have added
> these instructions to the wiki page at
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Metadata_Lookup_Changes_March_2021 . The
> instructions are not simple and are not officially supported. Be
> prepared for problems! Let me know if you find things that can be
> improved in the instructions.

> Thank you Hika!

> Note - I removed the part about fixing the bug because that has now been
> fixed in github.

> Peter

One update for older installations. I have one old dedicated frontend
that is beyond updating. I have sometimes to reinstall everything. It
is still running with python 2.7.10 and next to earlier mentioned
python modules it was missing urllib3. The latest version of urllib3
that would install is 1.24.2
https://github.com/urllib3/urllib3/releases/tag/1.24.2

After that it worked OK. Not bad for a machine/installation untouched
since 2015! Except for moving it from an old big tv to a flatscreen 4
years ago.

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 9:36 PM John Finlay via mythtv-users <
mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:

> On my system with python2.7 I had to hack the lookup.py file line 300 from:
>
> if query.isnumeric():
>
> to:
>
> if unicode(query).isnumeric():
>
> because the string in query is not unicode.
>
> John

John,
please try to change line 300 of lookup.py from

if query.isnumeric():

to:

if query.isdigit():

The *isdigit*() method returns True if all the characters are digits,
otherwise False.
And works for unicode strings and ascii strings in python2.
This should be compatible to python3 and python2.

Thanks,
Roland
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/26/2021 9:44 AM, Roland Ernst wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 9:36 PM John Finlay via mythtv-users
> <mythtv-users@mythtv.org <mailto:mythtv-users@mythtv.org>> wrote:
>

> On my system with python2.7 I had to hack the lookup.py file line
> 300 from:
>
>     if query.isnumeric():
>
> to:
>
>     if unicode(query).isnumeric():
>
> because the string in query is not unicode.
>
> John
>

> John,
> please try to change line 300 of lookup.py from
>
>      if query.isnumeric():
>
> to:
>
>     if query.isdigit():
>
> The /isdigit/() method returns True if all the characters are digits,
> otherwise False.
> And works for unicode strings and ascii strings in python2.
> This should be compatible to python3 and python2.
>
> Thanks,
> Roland

Thanks it works for me.

John
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/26/21 10:57 AM, John Finlay via mythtv-users wrote:
> On 2/26/2021 9:44 AM, Roland Ernst wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 9:36 PM John Finlay via mythtv-users
>> <mythtv-users@mythtv.org <mailto:mythtv-users@mythtv.org>> wrote:
>>

>> On my system with python2.7 I had to hack the lookup.py file line
>> 300 from:
>>
>>     if query.isnumeric():
>>
>> to:
>>
>>     if unicode(query).isnumeric():
>>
>> because the string in query is not unicode.
>>
>> John
>>

>> John,
>> please try to change line 300 of lookup.py from
>>
>>      if query.isnumeric():
>>
>> to:
>>
>>     if query.isdigit():
>>
>> The /isdigit/() method returns True if all the characters are digits,
>> otherwise False.
>> And works for unicode strings and ascii strings in python2.
>> This should be compatible to python3 and python2.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Roland
>>

> Thanks it works for me.
>
> John

I am running 0.28 and the tmdb3tv.py seems to work, but the tvmaze.py
throws this error:

ERROR: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'> :
HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.tvmaze.com', port=443): Max retries
exceeded with url: /search/shows?q=Monk (Caused by
SSLError(CertificateError("hostname 'api.tvmaze.com' doesn't match
'tvlive.tvmaze.info'",),))

Any idea how to fix this?

Jay
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/26/21 6:18 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 2/25/21 4:22 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> I have tested the integration with mythtv and that works. Even beter
>> than I had expected!
>> I thought it possible that mythmetadatalookup would simply use the
>> script name in the inetref, but I thought first to test what would
>> happen if I renamed tvmaze.py to ttvdb.py and it worked. So good that
>> the inetref was after the hit changed to reflect tvmaze.py.
>>
>> However, if you do not copy either tvmaze.py or tmdb3tv.py to ttvdb.py
>> searches won't work, it will always come up with a tmdb3.py reference.
>>
>> So choose which of the two you want and copy (or simlink) that one to
>> ttvdb.py.
>
> Hi Hika
>
> Can you explain this. I don't understand.
>
> All you need to do is go into mythfrontend -> setup -> Artwork and
> Data Sources -> Television Metadata Source
>
> Change there to whichever script you want and it will use that script
> for shows that do not have the inetref filled in.
>
> If you link one of the other script names to ttvdb.py then those
> recording rules and recorded shows that have ttvdb.py_nnnnn in the
> inetref will lookup the wrong show because the nnnnn is different for
> each of the sources.
>
> Maybe this works differently in 0.27. Does 0.27 have the Artwork and
> Data Sources entry?
>
> Peter

This is not working for me with 0.28.  I go to mythfrontend -> setup ->
Artwork and Data Source -> Television, but there is only one choice
there (TheTVDB.com).  This is the name when using the previous tvdb.py
script.  Is it also the correct name for the new tvdb3tv.py script?  And
why do I not see tvmaze as a choice? I tried restarting the backend and
frontend, but makes no difference.

Jay

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Jay,

Saturday, February 27, 2021, 10:06:09 PM, you wrote:

> On 2/26/21 10:57 AM, John Finlay via mythtv-users wrote:

> On 2/26/2021 9:44 AM, Roland Ernst wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 9:36 PM John Finlay via
> mythtv-users <mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:
>

> On my system with python2.7 I had to hack the
> lookup.py file line 300 from:
>
>     if query.isnumeric():
>
> to:
>
>     if unicode(query).isnumeric():
>
> because the string in query is not unicode.
>
> John
>

> John,
> please try to change line 300 of lookup.py from

>      if query.isnumeric():
>
> to:
>
>     if query.isdigit():

> The isdigit() method returns True if all the
> characters are digits, otherwise False.
> And works for unicode strings and ascii strings in python2.
>
> This should be compatible to python3 and python2.

> Thanks,
> Roland
>

> Thanks it works for me.

> John

> I am running 0.28 and the tmdb3tv.py seems to work, but the tvmaze.py throws this error:
> ERROR: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'> :
> HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.tvmaze.com', port=443): Max retries
> exceeded with url: /search/shows?q=Monk (Caused by
> SSLError(CertificateError("hostname 'api.tvmaze.com' doesn't match 'tvlive.tvmaze.info'",),))
> Any idea how to fix this?
> Jay

My guess would be that you need to update your CA-certificates.

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/2021 1:18 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> On 2/26/21 6:18 AM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>
>> On 2/25/21 4:22 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>>> I have tested the integration with mythtv and that works. Even beter
>>> than I had expected!
>>> I thought it possible that mythmetadatalookup would simply use the
>>> script name in the inetref, but I thought first to test what would
>>> happen if I renamed tvmaze.py to ttvdb.py and it worked. So good that
>>> the inetref was after the hit changed to reflect tvmaze.py.
>>>
>>> However, if you do not copy either tvmaze.py or tmdb3tv.py to ttvdb.py
>>> searches won't work, it will always come up with a tmdb3.py reference.
>>>
>>> So choose which of the two you want and copy (or simlink) that one to
>>> ttvdb.py.
>>
>> Hi Hika
>>
>> Can you explain this. I don't understand.
>>
>> All you need to do is go into mythfrontend -> setup -> Artwork and
>> Data Sources -> Television Metadata Source
>>
>> Change there to whichever script you want and it will use that script
>> for shows that do not have the inetref filled in.
>>
>> If you link one of the other script names to ttvdb.py then those
>> recording rules and recorded shows that have ttvdb.py_nnnnn in the
>> inetref will lookup the wrong show because the nnnnn is different for
>> each of the sources.
>>
>> Maybe this works differently in 0.27. Does 0.27 have the Artwork and
>> Data Sources entry?
>>
>> Peter

> This is not working for me with 0.28.  I go to mythfrontend -> setup
> -> Artwork and Data Source -> Television, but there is only one choice
> there (TheTVDB.com).  This is the name when using the previous tvdb.py
> script.  Is it also the correct name for the new tvdb3tv.py script?
> And why do I not see tvmaze as a choice? I tried restarting the
> backend and frontend, but makes no difference.

Did you copy tmdb3tv.py to the "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television"
driectory? On 0.29 the mythtv frontend seems to scan the contents of the
directory to populate the Artwork and Data Sources choices.

John
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/21 1:37 PM, John Finlay via mythtv-users wrote:
> On 2/27/2021 1:18 PM, Jay Foster wrote:

>>> Hi Hika
>>>
>>> Can you explain this. I don't understand.
>>>
>>> All you need to do is go into mythfrontend -> setup -> Artwork and
>>> Data Sources -> Television Metadata Source
>>>
>>> Change there to whichever script you want and it will use that script
>>> for shows that do not have the inetref filled in.
>>>
>>> If you link one of the other script names to ttvdb.py then those
>>> recording rules and recorded shows that have ttvdb.py_nnnnn in the
>>> inetref will lookup the wrong show because the nnnnn is different for
>>> each of the sources.
>>>
>>> Maybe this works differently in 0.27. Does 0.27 have the Artwork and
>>> Data Sources entry?
>>>
>>> Peter

>> This is not working for me with 0.28.  I go to mythfrontend -> setup
>> -> Artwork and Data Source -> Television, but there is only one choice
>> there (TheTVDB.com).  This is the name when using the previous tvdb.py
>> script.  Is it also the correct name for the new tvdb3tv.py script?
>> And why do I not see tvmaze as a choice? I tried restarting the
>> backend and frontend, but makes no difference.
>>

> Did you copy tmdb3tv.py to the "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television"
> driectory? On 0.29 the mythtv frontend seems to scan the contents of the
> directory to populate the Artwork and Data Sources choices.
>
> John

Yes I have.
jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ls -l Television/
total 188
-rwxrwxr-x 1 jay jay 5555 Feb 26 11:25 tmdb3tv.py
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 133392 Aug 26 2018 ttvdb.py
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 248 Jan 26 2018 tvdb_test.conf
-rwxrwxr-x 1 jay jay 21512 Feb 27 12:59 tvmaze.py
-rw-rw-r-- 1 jay jay 17220 Feb 26 11:25 tvmaze_tests.txt
jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$

From the frontend, when I go to Artwork and Data Sources, I see a brief
popup stating that MythTV is scanning sources, but the Television
selection box has only one choice filled in (the existing ttvdb.py).
Jay
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]

Any ideas on how I can fix that?
Jay
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/21 4:11 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> On 2/27/21 1:37 PM, John Finlay via mythtv-users wrote:

>>> This is not working for me with 0.28.  I go to mythfrontend -> setup
>>> -> Artwork and Data Source -> Television, but there is only one
>>> choice there (TheTVDB.com).  This is the name when using the previous
>>> tvdb.py script.  Is it also the correct name for the new tvdb3tv.py
>>> script? And why do I not see tvmaze as a choice? I tried restarting
>>> the backend and frontend, but makes no difference.
>>>

>> Did you copy tmdb3tv.py to the "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television"
>> driectory? On 0.29 the mythtv frontend seems to scan the contents of
>> the directory to populate the Artwork and Data Sources choices.
>>
>> John
>
> Yes I have.
> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ls -l Television/
> total 188
> -rwxrwxr-x 1 jay  jay    5555 Feb 26 11:25 tmdb3tv.py
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 133392 Aug 26  2018 ttvdb.py
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    248 Jan 26  2018 tvdb_test.conf
> -rwxrwxr-x 1 jay  jay   21512 Feb 27 12:59 tvmaze.py
> -rw-rw-r-- 1 jay  jay   17220 Feb 26 11:25 tvmaze_tests.txt
> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$
>
> From the frontend, when I go to Artwork and Data Sources, I see a brief
> popup stating that MythTV is scanning sources, but the Television
> selection box has only one choice filled in (the existing ttvdb.py).
> Jay
When I compare the previous tmdb3 directory with the new tmdb3 directory
(in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV), I notice that the new
tvdb3 directory is missing the lookup.py script. Is that needed? Where
do I get it for the new version?
Jay
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Jay,

Sunday, February 28, 2021, 1:11:58 AM, you wrote:

> On 2/27/21 1:30 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Hoi Jay,
>>
>> Saturday, February 27, 2021, 10:06:09 PM, you wrote:
>>
>>> On 2/26/21 10:57 AM, John Finlay via mythtv-users wrote:
>>

>>> On 2/26/2021 9:44 AM, Roland Ernst wrote:
>>

>>> On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 9:36 PM John Finlay via
>>> mythtv-users <mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:
>>>

>>> On my system with python2.7 I had to hack the
>>> lookup.py file line 300 from:
>>>
>>>     if query.isnumeric():
>>>
>>> to:
>>>
>>>     if unicode(query).isnumeric():
>>>
>>> because the string in query is not unicode.
>>>
>>> John
>>>

>>> John,
>>> please try to change line 300 of lookup.py from
>>

>>>      if query.isnumeric():
>>>
>>> to:
>>>
>>>     if query.isdigit():
>>

>>> The isdigit() method returns True if all the
>>> characters are digits, otherwise False.
>>> And works for unicode strings and ascii strings in python2.
>>>
>>> This should be compatible to python3 and python2.
>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Roland
>>>

>>> Thanks it works for me.
>>
>>> John

>>> I am running 0.28 and the tmdb3tv.py seems to work, but the tvmaze.py throws this error:
>>> ERROR: <class 'requests.exceptions.SSLError'> :
>>> HTTPSConnectionPool(host='api.tvmaze.com', port=443): Max retries
>>> exceeded with url: /search/shows?q=Monk (Caused by
>>> SSLError(CertificateError("hostname 'api.tvmaze.com' doesn't match 'tvlive.tvmaze.info'",),))
>>> Any idea how to fix this?
>>> Jay
>>

>> My guess would be that you need to update your CA-certificates.
>>
>> Tot mails,
>> Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com
>>

> Any ideas on how I can fix that?
> Jay

Look for the right package for your distribution.

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Jay,

Sunday, February 28, 2021, 1:27:20 AM, you wrote:

> On 2/27/21 4:11 PM, Jay Foster wrote:

>>> Did you copy tmdb3tv.py to the "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television"
>>> driectory? On 0.29 the mythtv frontend seems to scan the contents of
>>> the directory to populate the Artwork and Data Sources choices.
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> Yes I have.
>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ls -l Television/
>> total 188
>> -rwxrwxr-x 1 jay  jay    5555 Feb 26 11:25 tmdb3tv.py
>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 133392 Aug 26  2018 ttvdb.py
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    248 Jan 26  2018 tvdb_test.conf
>> -rwxrwxr-x 1 jay  jay   21512 Feb 27 12:59 tvmaze.py
>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 jay  jay   17220 Feb 26 11:25 tvmaze_tests.txt
>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$
>>
>> From the frontend, when I go to Artwork and Data Sources, I see a brief
>> popup stating that MythTV is scanning sources, but the Television
>> selection box has only one choice filled in (the existing ttvdb.py).
>> Jay

> When I compare the previous tmdb3 directory with the new tmdb3 directory
> (in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV), I notice that the new
> tvdb3 directory is missing the lookup.py script. Is that needed? Where
> do I get it for the new version?
> Jay

Have you installed the 31 bindings in python3 or have you updated the
python2 bindings from your mythtv version?
And have you correspondingly adapted the first line of the grabber
files under /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television and Movie to point
to the right python version?

What is the response to:
tvmaze.py -t
tmdb3tv.py -t
tmdb3.py -t

If either of the grabber file does not respond with:
"Everything appears in order."
it probably will not be seen as a valid option and won't show in the
selection list.

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/21 4:53 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Jay,
>
> Sunday, February 28, 2021, 1:27:20 AM, you wrote:

>>> Yes I have.
>>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ls -l Television/
>>> total 188
>>> -rwxrwxr-x 1 jay  jay    5555 Feb 26 11:25 tmdb3tv.py
>>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 133392 Aug 26  2018 ttvdb.py
>>> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    248 Jan 26  2018 tvdb_test.conf
>>> -rwxrwxr-x 1 jay  jay   21512 Feb 27 12:59 tvmaze.py
>>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 jay  jay   17220 Feb 26 11:25 tvmaze_tests.txt
>>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$
>>>
>>> From the frontend, when I go to Artwork and Data Sources, I see a brief
>>> popup stating that MythTV is scanning sources, but the Television
>>> selection box has only one choice filled in (the existing ttvdb.py).
>>> Jay
>
>> When I compare the previous tmdb3 directory with the new tmdb3 directory
>> (in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV), I notice that the new
>> tvdb3 directory is missing the lookup.py script. Is that needed? Where
>> do I get it for the new version?
>> Jay
>
> Have you installed the 31 bindings in python3 or have you updated the
> python2 bindings from your mythtv version?
> And have you correspondingly adapted the first line of the grabber
> files under /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television and Movie to point
> to the right python version?
>
> What is the response to:
> tvmaze.py -t
> tmdb3tv.py -t
> tmdb3.py -t
>
> If either of the grabber file does not respond with:
> "Everything appears in order."
> it probably will not be seen as a valid option and won't show in the
> selection list.
>
> Tot mails,
> Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

Yes, I have done each of those tasks, and the test option reports
everything looks okay.
jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Television/tmdb3tv.py -t
Everything appears in order.
jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Television/tvmaze.py -t
Everything appears in order.
jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Movie/tmdb3.py -t
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/21 4:27 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> On 2/27/21 4:11 PM, Jay Foster wrote:

>>> Did you copy tmdb3tv.py to the
>>> "/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television" driectory? On 0.29 the mythtv
>>> frontend seems to scan the contents of the directory to populate the
>>> Artwork and Data Sources choices.
>>>
>>> John
>>
>> Yes I have.
>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ls -l Television/
>> total 188
>> -rwxrwxr-x 1 jay  jay    5555 Feb 26 11:25 tmdb3tv.py
>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 133392 Aug 26  2018 ttvdb.py
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    248 Jan 26  2018 tvdb_test.conf
>> -rwxrwxr-x 1 jay  jay   21512 Feb 27 12:59 tvmaze.py
>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 jay  jay   17220 Feb 26 11:25 tvmaze_tests.txt
>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$
>>
>>  From the frontend, when I go to Artwork and Data Sources, I see a
>> brief popup stating that MythTV is scanning sources, but the
>> Television selection box has only one choice filled in (the existing
>> ttvdb.py).
>> Jay
> When I compare the previous tmdb3 directory with the new tmdb3 directory
> (in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV), I notice that the new
> tvdb3 directory is missing the lookup.py script.  Is that needed?  Where
> do I get it for the new version?
> Jay
Disregard the post about the missing lookup.py. I had the previous and
new directories reversed.
Jay
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/21 5:15 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> On 2/27/21 4:53 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Hoi Jay,
>>
>> Sunday, February 28, 2021, 1:27:20 AM, you wrote:

>>> When I compare the previous tmdb3 directory with the new tmdb3 directory
>>> (in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/MythTV), I notice that the new
>>> tvdb3 directory is missing the lookup.py script.  Is that needed?  Where
>>> do I get it for the new version?
>>> Jay
>>
>> Have you installed the 31 bindings in python3 or have you updated the
>> python2 bindings from your mythtv version?
>> And have you correspondingly adapted the first line of the grabber
>> files under /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television and Movie to point
>> to the right python version?
>>
>> What is the response to:
>> tvmaze.py -t
>> tmdb3tv.py -t
>> tmdb3.py -t
>>
>> If either of the grabber file does not respond with:
>> "Everything appears in order."
>> it probably will not be seen as a valid option and won't show in the
>> selection list.
>>
>> Tot mails,
>>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com
>>
>> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
>> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
>> Het eeuwige dilemma
>> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>>
>> De lerende Mens

> Yes, I have done each of those tasks, and the test option reports
> everything looks okay.
> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Television/tmdb3tv.py -t
> Everything appears in order.
> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Television/tvmaze.py -t
> Everything appears in order.
> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Movie/tmdb3.py -t
> Everything appears in order.
> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$
> Jay
I just now went back to the frontend and tried to select the new
metadata sources again. The new Movie and new Television choices now
show up (yeah). I selected the new tmdb V3 sources for both Movies and
Television (tvmaze still does not pass it's tests due to some kind of
TLS certificate issue). I will restart the frontend and backend.
How do I test that this works from within MythTV?
Jay
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Jay,

Sunday, February 28, 2021, 2:22:15 AM, you wrote:

> On 2/27/21 5:15 PM, Jay Foster wrote:

> I just now went back to the frontend and tried to select the new
> metadata sources again. The new Movie and new Television choices now
> show up (yeah). I selected the new tmdb V3 sources for both Movies and
> Television (tvmaze still does not pass it's tests due to some kind of
> TLS certificate issue). I will restart the frontend and backend.
> How do I test that this works from within MythTV?
> Jay

If you want to find the correct inetref for the new grabber go to the
schedule as there you can initiate a search:
m > Recording Options > Edit Recording Schedule
goto Metadata Options and remove there the old inetref.
Click on Perform Query
If you are satisfied, save the adapted schedule. All new recordings
will get the new inetref. To adapt old recording, write down the new
inetref and go:
m > Recording Options > Change Recording Metadata
adapt the inetref there and run the lookup job:
m > Job Options > Begin Metadata Lookup

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/21 5:22 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> On 2/27/21 5:15 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
>> On 2/27/21 4:53 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>>> Hoi Jay,

>>> Have you installed the 31 bindings in python3 or have you updated the
>>> python2 bindings from your mythtv version?
>>> And have you correspondingly adapted the first line of the grabber
>>> files under /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television and Movie to point
>>> to the right python version?
>>>
>>> What is the response to:
>>> tvmaze.py -t
>>> tmdb3tv.py -t
>>> tmdb3.py -t
>>>
>>> If either of the grabber file does not respond with:
>>> "Everything appears in order."
>>> it probably will not be seen as a valid option and won't show in the
>>> selection list.
>>>
>>> Tot mails,
>>>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com
>>>
>>> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
>>> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
>>> Het eeuwige dilemma
>>> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>>>
>>> De lerende Mens

>> Yes, I have done each of those tasks, and the test option reports
>> everything looks okay.
>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Television/tmdb3tv.py -t
>> Everything appears in order.
>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Television/tvmaze.py -t
>> Everything appears in order.
>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Movie/tmdb3.py -t
>> Everything appears in order.
>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$
>> Jay
> I just now went back to the frontend and tried to select the new
> metadata sources again.  The new Movie and new Television choices now
> show up (yeah).  I selected the new tmdb V3 sources for both Movies and
> Television (tvmaze still does not pass it's tests due to some kind of
> TLS certificate issue).  I will restart the frontend and backend.
> How do I test that this works from within MythTV?
> Jay
I am oh so close, but not quite there yet.
I next ran into the query.isnumeric() issue, which I corrected by
changing to isdigit() as suggested elsewhere in this thread. However,
lookups are still failing. If I run:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
the script returns valid XML text, which contains an inetref value of
1695. But when I then run:
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
I get an error (ERROR: Episode not found: ['1695']
What am I missing here?
Jay

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/21 4:43 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Jay,
>
> Sunday, February 28, 2021, 1:11:58 AM, you wrote:
>
>> On 2/27/21 1:30 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>>> Hoi Jay,

>>> My guess would be that you need to update your CA-certificates.
>>>
>>> Tot mails,
>>> Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com
>>>

>> Any ideas on how I can fix that?
>> Jay
>

> Look for the right package for your distribution.
>
> Tot mails,
> Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

No joy here. I updated to a recent ca-certificates package, but the
issue persists. I can access the https://tvmaze.com website using
firefox with no problem and view the site certificate which has a common
name of tvmaze.com. However, for some reason, the tvmaze.py script is
trying to use tvlive.tvmaze.info instead, which does not match.
Jay
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/21 8:08 PM, Jay Foster wrote:

> I am oh so close, but not quite there yet.
> I next ran into the query.isnumeric() issue, which I corrected by changing to isdigit() as suggested elsewhere in this thread.  However, lookups
> are still failing.  If I run:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
> the script returns valid XML text, which contains an inetref value of 1695.  But when I then run:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
> I get an error (ERROR: Episode not found: ['1695']
> What am I missing here?
> Jay

-N, --numbers Get television Season and Episode numbers. Needs title
and subtitle or *inetref and subtitle*

This works for me: ... tmdb3tv.py -N 1695 'Mr. Monk Goes to Vegas'

--
Bill
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Jay,

Sunday, February 28, 2021, 3:08:06 AM, you wrote:

> On 2/27/21 5:22 PM, Jay Foster wrote:

>>> Yes, I have done each of those tasks, and the test option reports
>>> everything looks okay.
>>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Television/tmdb3tv.py -t
>>> Everything appears in order.
>>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Television/tvmaze.py -t
>>> Everything appears in order.
>>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Movie/tmdb3.py -t
>>> Everything appears in order.
>>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$
>>> Jay
>> I just now went back to the frontend and tried to select the new
>> metadata sources again.  The new Movie and new Television choices now
>> show up (yeah).  I selected the new tmdb V3 sources for both Movies and
>> Television (tvmaze still does not pass it's tests due to some kind of
>> TLS certificate issue).  I will restart the frontend and backend.
>> How do I test that this works from within MythTV?
>> Jay
> I am oh so close, but not quite there yet.
> I next ran into the query.isnumeric() issue, which I corrected by
> changing to isdigit() as suggested elsewhere in this thread. However,
> lookups are still failing. If I run:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
> the script returns valid XML text, which contains an inetref value of
> 1695. But when I then run:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
> I get an error (ERROR: Episode not found: ['1695']
> What am I missing here?
> Jay

You need to add an episode title. It is on the next line in Peters
mail. I at first missed that too! ;-)
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
"Mr. Monk and the Psychic"

Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/21 6:08 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
> On 2/27/21 5:22 PM, Jay Foster wrote:

>>> Yes, I have done each of those tasks, and the test option reports
>>> everything looks okay.
>>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Television/tmdb3tv.py -t
>>> Everything appears in order.
>>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Television/tvmaze.py -t
>>> Everything appears in order.
>>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$ ./Movie/tmdb3.py -t
>>> Everything appears in order.
>>> jay@mythbox:/usr/share/mythtv/metadata$
>>> Jay
>> I just now went back to the frontend and tried to select the new
>> metadata sources again.  The new Movie and new Television choices now
>> show up (yeah).  I selected the new tmdb V3 sources for both Movies
>> and Television (tvmaze still does not pass it's tests due to some kind
>> of TLS certificate issue).  I will restart the frontend and backend.
>> How do I test that this works from within MythTV?
>> Jay
> I am oh so close, but not quite there yet.
> I next ran into the query.isnumeric() issue, which I corrected by
> changing to isdigit() as suggested elsewhere in this thread.  However,
> lookups are still failing.  If I run:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
> the script returns valid XML text, which contains an inetref value of
> 1695.  But when I then run:
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
> I get an error (ERROR: Episode not found: ['1695']
> What am I missing here?
> Jay

I re-ran the query for -N 1695 with the --debug option. This generates
quite a bit of what looks like valid data (looks like JSON text). The
data ends with " u'season_number: 1}" and then the "ERROR: Episode not
found: ['1695']" message. The exit code is 9 (echo $?).
Jay
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/21 6:37 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Jay,
>
> Sunday, February 28, 2021, 3:08:06 AM, you wrote:

>>> I just now went back to the frontend and tried to select the new
>>> metadata sources again.  The new Movie and new Television choices now
>>> show up (yeah).  I selected the new tmdb V3 sources for both Movies and
>>> Television (tvmaze still does not pass it's tests due to some kind of
>>> TLS certificate issue).  I will restart the frontend and backend.
>>> How do I test that this works from within MythTV?
>>> Jay
>> I am oh so close, but not quite there yet.
>> I next ran into the query.isnumeric() issue, which I corrected by
>> changing to isdigit() as suggested elsewhere in this thread. However,
>> lookups are still failing. If I run:
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -M Monk
>> the script returns valid XML text, which contains an inetref value of
>> 1695. But when I then run:
>> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
>> I get an error (ERROR: Episode not found: ['1695']
>> What am I missing here?
>> Jay
>
> You need to add an episode title. It is on the next line in Peters
> mail. I at first missed that too! ;-)
> /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3tv.py -l en -a US -N 1695
> "Mr. Monk and the Psychic"
>

> Tot mails,
> Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

Thanks, that was it. Oddly, the first query (-M Monk) returned the
inetref of 1695, but I could not find the episode title string in the
output, so I do not know where the "Mr. Monk and the Psychic" comes from.

I still do not think this is working from within MythTV, though.
Jay
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
On 2/27/21 5:40 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Jay,
>
> Sunday, February 28, 2021, 2:22:15 AM, you wrote:
>
>> On 2/27/21 5:15 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
>
>> I just now went back to the frontend and tried to select the new
>> metadata sources again. The new Movie and new Television choices now
>> show up (yeah). I selected the new tmdb V3 sources for both Movies and
>> Television (tvmaze still does not pass it's tests due to some kind of
>> TLS certificate issue). I will restart the frontend and backend.
>> How do I test that this works from within MythTV?
>> Jay
>
> If you want to find the correct inetref for the new grabber go to the
> schedule as there you can initiate a search:
> m > Recording Options > Edit Recording Schedule
> goto Metadata Options and remove there the old inetref.
> Click on Perform Query
> If you are satisfied, save the adapted schedule. All new recordings
> will get the new inetref. To adapt old recording, write down the new
> inetref and go:
> m > Recording Options > Change Recording Metadata
> adapt the inetref there and run the lookup job:
> m > Job Options > Begin Metadata Lookup
>

> Tot mails,
> Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

I went to Watch Recordings and selected my recorded show. Then pressed
'e' which brought up a menu with Metadata Option. Selecting that
allowed me to change the inetref number, select Done, then select Save.
However selecting 'm' and and Job Options -> Begin Metadata Lookup seems
to do nothing. Looking at the Backend Status (using mythweb), no job is
even started. I would at least expect it to start, even if it then failed.
Jay
Re: Important: Changes to Metadata lookup in March 2021 [ In reply to ]
Hoi Jay,

Sunday, February 28, 2021, 3:54:54 AM, you wrote:

> On 2/27/21 5:40 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
>> Hoi Jay,
>>
>> Sunday, February 28, 2021, 2:22:15 AM, you wrote:
>>
>>> On 2/27/21 5:15 PM, Jay Foster wrote:
>>
>>> I just now went back to the frontend and tried to select the new
>>> metadata sources again. The new Movie and new Television choices now
>>> show up (yeah). I selected the new tmdb V3 sources for both Movies and
>>> Television (tvmaze still does not pass it's tests due to some kind of
>>> TLS certificate issue). I will restart the frontend and backend.
>>> How do I test that this works from within MythTV?
>>> Jay
>>
>> If you want to find the correct inetref for the new grabber go to the
>> schedule as there you can initiate a search:
>> m > Recording Options > Edit Recording Schedule
>> goto Metadata Options and remove there the old inetref.
>> Click on Perform Query
>> If you are satisfied, save the adapted schedule. All new recordings
>> will get the new inetref. To adapt old recording, write down the new
>> inetref and go:
>> m > Recording Options > Change Recording Metadata
>> adapt the inetref there and run the lookup job:
>> m > Job Options > Begin Metadata Lookup
>>

>> Tot mails,
>> Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com
>>

> I went to Watch Recordings and selected my recorded show. Then pressed
> 'e' which brought up a menu with Metadata Option. Selecting that
> allowed me to change the inetref number, select Done, then select Save.
> However selecting 'm' and and Job Options -> Begin Metadata Lookup seems
> to do nothing. Looking at the Backend Status (using mythweb), no job is
> even started. I would at least expect it to start, even if it then failed.
> Jay

Have you upgraded both back- and frontend? Or are they on the same
machine.

The e key is editing the rule and does not change the settings for the
current show. See above how to do that.