From: Sunil Mundari [mailto:sunil_stylusinc@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 9:55 PM
To: sean.upton@uniontrib.com
Subject: ZOPE/XML

Hi,

I read ur article, that ur developing large editorial
system by using latest techonology Zope and XML.
I am also intrested in zope and xml to develop my
portal. But i don't know how reliable it will be.
after reading your article which is in
zope.org/members, i thought it is possible through
zope
and fullfill my requirements.
My project is to develop a powerfull search engine
which supports all languages(UNICODE). And my data
will be in XML.
So i want to know how i will start my project.

Please answer some queries :-

Is zope support Unicode on linux and windows2000 ?
Is XML text node search is possible through ZCatalog ?

i download zope document from zope.org and trying
using xml with Python example :-

XML Document
id - addressbook.xml

<addressbook>
<item>
<name>Bob</name>
<address>2118 Wildhare st.</address>
</item>
<item>
<name>Randolf</name>
<address>13 E. Roundway</address>
</item>
</addressbook>

id - query.py
parameter list - self

def query(self):
import string
doc=getattr(self, 'addressbook.xml')
book=doc.documentElement

print "Number of items", len(book.childNodes)

name=[]
for item in book.childNodes:
name=item.firstChild
names.append(name.firstChild.nodeValue)
print "Names ", string.join(names, ",")
return printed

but after quering it is showing error.
same i tried with parsed xml also then also it
is not working.

i need ur suggestions.

Thanks,

Sunil