Mailing List Archive

Instance problems
We got a page on cache problems relating to the zope.org site earlier
this morning, I spent some time investigating and initially suspected
a badly behaved spider from 61.230.26.210 was just slamming the
servers and making them unhappy, so I dropped that IP at the firewall,
but the problem has continued for the most part, and I'm not familiar
enough with the ZO software to diagnose it further. At the moment,
one instance is up and serving relatively well, the other three,
everything on app2.zope.org and instance2 on app1.zope.org are hung on
connections. I have found this error in the logs a few times, but
honestly have no idea what it's refering to:
2008-10-01T06:54:31 PROBLEM(100) AutoLance AutoLance memchecker died
Traceback (innermost last):
File /home/zope/zope.org/var/app1/Products/AutoLance/__init__.py,
line 269, in run
File /home/zope/zope.org/var/app1/Products/AutoLance/linuxproc.py,
line 190, in self_statm
File /home/zope/zope.org/var/app1/Products/AutoLance/linuxproc.py,
line 253, in get_dict
TypeError: unsubscriptable object

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, if there's anything we can do, let
us know, I'll probably be unavailable, but Jim knows where to find a
Zope Corp SA.

--Dave
Systems Administrator
Zope Corp.
540-361-1722
david@zope.com

Re: Instance problems [ In reply to ]
Autolance was used to kill (restart) instances which exceeded a certain
size....
No clue how it's setup for the zope.org setup though.....
Are there memory issues? Did you restart the hung instances?

Andrew

Re: Instance problems [ In reply to ]
On Oct 1, 2008, at 7:30 AM, Andrew Sawyers wrote:

> Autolance was used to kill (restart) instances which exceeded a
> certain
> size....
> No clue how it's setup for the zope.org setup though.....
> Are there memory issues? Did you restart the hung instances?

I don't see any indication of memory issues. We did not restart since
we didn't know if anyone wanted to investigate first.

We don't dig very much on zope.org since we opened root up to the
community. I thought we set up community access to sudo since we moved
the boxes so we've been pretty much leaving things alone for someone
who knows what's going on. It doesn't appear that there is any non-ZC
person with full sudo. I wonder if that got dropped in the foundation
discussions...

Anyway, I went ahead and restarted the apps.

Mark
--
Mark Alexander
mwa@zope.com