cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Re: weird cache behaviour? [ In reply to ]
On Jul 21, 2008, at 17:55 , Chris Withers wrote:

> Is it just me or is the cache behaviour still pretty weird?
>
> I'm trying to upload the windows build for 2.11.1 and have had to
> log in 2 or 3 times...

It is still weird and it will probably remain that way. The caching
tier is independent and not under our control.

jens

Re: weird cache behaviour? [ In reply to ]
Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

> It is still weird and it will probably remain that way. The caching tier
> is independent and not under our control.

How long is it going to be before we can move zope.org to some kind of
sane hosting environment?

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Re: weird cache behaviour? [ In reply to ]
On Jul 21, 2008, at 18:57 , Chris Withers wrote:

> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> It is still weird and it will probably remain that way. The caching
>> tier is independent and not under our control.
>
> How long is it going to be before we can move zope.org to some kind
> of sane hosting environment?

I don't think the old website will be moved anywhere. The new site
will be in a new hosting environment.

jens

Re: weird cache behaviour? [ In reply to ]
On Jul 21, 2008, at 12:57 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>> It is still weird and it will probably remain that way. The caching
>> tier is independent and not under our control.
>
> How long is it going to be before we can move zope.org to some kind
> of sane hosting environment?

I've disabled all caching for the zope.org sites, that should address
the behavior you've seen. If there are other changes you'd like to
make to the caching infrastructure, we'd be happy to make them if
we're made aware of what you want.

--Dave
Systems Administrator
Zope Corp.