get the cgi-environment directive to apply to only one of them?

Thanks,
Chad
Re: Zope and https [ In reply to ]
Hi Chad,

sent your request to is only for technical or organizational issues
pertaining to the zope.org websites and services.

> Currently we use pound as a front end to Zope instances (mainly 2.8
> and
> 2.9). To achieve a https connection for the http instance (for using
> SSL to login into ZMI and content management) we have duplicated the
> http instance but changed the zope.conf to include a different port
> number and the "<cgi-environment> HTTPS ON </cgi-environment>". We
> then
> stand up two different pound configs for handling them. With our zope
> instances growing I would like to find a way to have one zope instance
> answer and handle both the http and https requests. I know you can
> set
> up multiple <http-server> handlers with different ports, but how do
> you
> get the cgi-environment directive to apply to only one of them?

Zope does not handle HTTPS itself. The standard way to deal with a
site that needs HTTPS is to put a web server like Apache in front of
it which deals with the encryption part and then use the standard
Apache proxying to talk to Zope in the background, non-encrypted.
You're already using a variant of this proxying technique with Pound
it seems.

jens