Mailing List Archive

website todos
Hi there,

It's high time I actually do something about this again; my apologies
for my absence - life's been rather busy for me.

The plan:

* start moving selected services off zope.org to a server managed by
Amaze. The Amaze setup is expected to grow in time.

* the first two sites to move over will be the wiki stuff (I already
talked to Simon) and the foundation website.

Concerning the Foundation website, we have a number of options. The
simplest option is to maintain the current Apache procedure.

Another option would be to use Tres Seaver's software built on zope 2
that can do the same thing as the Apache integration does right now.

Alternatively we could move this over to a proper CMS, as people have
been asking for. I'd be happy if that were Plone, but this will take a
volunteer that integrates the public layout templates into Plone (along
with the existing content). I don't know how hard this is and how hard
this is to maintain. Is anyone volunteering?

Regards,

Martijn
Re: website todos [ In reply to ]
On 11/21/06 7:51 AM, "Martijn Faassen" <faassen@infrae.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> It's high time I actually do something about this again; my apologies
> for my absence - life's been rather busy for me.
>
> Concerning the Foundation website, we have a number of options. The
> simplest option is to maintain the current Apache procedure.
>
> Another option would be to use Tres Seaver's software built on zope 2
> that can do the same thing as the Apache integration does right now.

+1 if this is the solution for some amount of time - otherwise, it's wasted
effort it the plan is to move it to something else in the near term.
There's no reason this with a simple CMF (with Tom's skin) would suffice for
some time.

> Regards,
>
> Martijn

Andrew Sawyers