Mailing List Archive

Re: Zope Foundation membership drive
sathya wrote:
> Hello folks
>
> As some of you may know,
>
> The Zope foundation is set up and more details are available at
>
> www.zopefoundation.org
>
> Some of the membership rosters (especially solution providers,associate
> members, consumer members ) looks bare and not reflective of the
> community we have.

The rosters seem to be accurate, though. We simply don't have any
consumer members, and there are only one associate member and two
solution providers in the foundation.

Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> sathya wrote:
>> Hello folks
>>
>> As some of you may know,
>>
>> The Zope foundation is set up and more details are available at
>>
>> www.zopefoundation.org
>>
>> Some of the membership rosters (especially solution providers,associate
>> members, consumer members ) looks bare and not reflective of the
>> community we have.
>
> The rosters seem to be accurate, though. We simply don't have any
> consumer members, and there are only one associate member and two
> solution providers in the foundation.

Nope. gocept is missing from the solution provider list. :)

www.gocept.com - ct@gocept.com - phone +49 345 122 9889 7 -
Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
Can someone please tell me how to update the membership information.

I'm the one who deals deals with new members, especially committer
members, and if I'm going to continue doing that, I need to be able to
update the data on the foundation site.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton mailto:jim@zope.com Python Powered!
CTO (540) 361-1714 http://www.python.org
Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
Jim Fulton wrote:
> Can someone please tell me how to update the membership information.
>
> I'm the one who deals deals with new members, especially committer
> members, and if I'm going to continue doing that, I need to be able to
> update the data on the foundation site.

I think zopefoundation content is maintained here
http://svn.zope.org/web/zf/trunk/

The members listing should be here
http://svn.zope.org/web/zf/trunk/members/committer_members.csv?view=auto

I do not know at which schedules the checkout is updated at the apache
server.

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m
http://planetzope.org

Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
Nothing schedules it now.....
Andrew

Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> Can someone please tell me how to update the membership information.
>>
>> I'm the one who deals deals with new members, especially committer
>> members, and if I'm going to continue doing that, I need to be able to
>> update the data on the foundation site.
>>

> I think zopefoundation content is maintained here
> http://svn.zope.org/web/zf/trunk/
>
> The members listing should be here
> http://svn.zope.org/web/zf/trunk/members/committer_members.csv?view=auto
>
> I do not know at which schedules the checkout is updated at the apache
> server.

OK, I'll update these files. I too wonder how the
web site gets updated. I wish there was some way
to preview changes. Or to push updates when (not if)
screw something up. :)

Jim

Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> Nothing schedules it now.....

OK, then how do changes get propagated?

Gee, if only there was some way to manage web sites dynamically...

Jim

Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
On 11/20/06 1:17 PM, "Jim Fulton" <jim@zope.com> wrote:

> Andrew Sawyers wrote:
>> Nothing schedules it now.....
>
> OK, then how do changes get propagated?
>
> Gee, if only there was some way to manage web sites dynamically...
My sentiments exactly....funny, I sent an email to Martijn this morning
before this thread asking the plan for getting a CMS going....

> Jim
For now, svn up in /home/static/public_html/foundation

Andrew

Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
Andrew Sawyers wrote:

> On 11/20/06 1:17 PM, "Jim Fulton" <jim@zope.com> wrote:
>
>> Andrew Sawyers wrote:
>>> Nothing schedules it now.....
>> OK, then how do changes get propagated?
>>
>> Gee, if only there was some way to manage web sites dynamically...
> My sentiments exactly....funny, I sent an email to Martijn this morning
> before this thread asking the plan for getting a CMS going....
>> Jim
> For now, svn up in /home/static/public_html/foundation

Thanks. On which machine?

Jim

Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
On 11/20/06 1:34 PM, "Jim Fulton" <jim@zope.com> wrote:

> Andrew Sawyers wrote:

>>> OK, then how do changes get propagated?
>>>
>>> Gee, if only there was some way to manage web sites dynamically...
>> My sentiments exactly....funny, I sent an email to Martijn this morning
>> before this thread asking the plan for getting a CMS going....
>>> Jim
>> For now, svn up in /home/static/public_html/foundation
>
> Thanks. On which machine?
>
> Jim

Sorry, on cvs.zope.org

Andrew

Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> Can someone please tell me how to update the membership information.
>>
>> I'm the one who deals deals with new members, especially committer
>> members, and if I'm going to continue doing that, I need to be able to
>> update the data on the foundation site.
>>

> I think zopefoundation content is maintained here
> http://svn.zope.org/web/zf/trunk/
>
> The members listing should be here
> http://svn.zope.org/web/zf/trunk/members/committer_members.csv?view=auto

Does anyone know why we show the zope.org user name? This seem
unnecessary at best.

Also, I'm inclined to sort this list by last name to make it easier
to scan.

Jim

Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
Andrew Sawyers wrote:

> On 11/20/06 1:17 PM, "Jim Fulton" <jim@zope.com> wrote:
>
>> Andrew Sawyers wrote:
>>> Nothing schedules it now.....
>> OK, then how do changes get propagated?
>>
>> Gee, if only there was some way to manage web sites dynamically...
> My sentiments exactly....funny, I sent an email to Martijn this morning
> before this thread asking the plan for getting a CMS going....

Can't do everything at the same time. I wanted to focus on content
first, technology later. We may choose to run Tres's o-wrap stuff later
on when we move to another server.

Regards,

Martijn

Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
Jim Fulton wrote:
> Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
>> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>> Can someone please tell me how to update the membership information.
>>>
>>> I'm the one who deals deals with new members, especially committer
>>> members, and if I'm going to continue doing that, I need to be able to
>>> update the data on the foundation site.
>>>

>> I think zopefoundation content is maintained here
>> http://svn.zope.org/web/zf/trunk/
>>
>> The members listing should be here
>> http://svn.zope.org/web/zf/trunk/members/committer_members.csv?view=auto
>
> Does anyone know why we show the zope.org user name? This seem
> unnecessary at best.

No particular reason; it was in the list I got handed before and it
might be handy to look this stuff up for people (so they can see who
checked in what really). Originally the table also included email
addresses but I got rid of those.

Feel free to remove this if you prefer it without usernames.

Regards,

Martijn

Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

>>> I think zopefoundation content is maintained here
>>> http://svn.zope.org/web/zf/trunk/
>>>
>>> The members listing should be here
>>> http://svn.zope.org/web/zf/trunk/members/committer_members.csv?view=auto
>>
>> Does anyone know why we show the zope.org user name? This seem
>> unnecessary at best.
>
> No particular reason; it was in the list I got handed before and it
> might be handy to look this stuff up for people (so they can see who
> checked in what really). Originally the table also included email
> addresses but I got rid of those.
>
> Feel free to remove this if you prefer it without usernames.

Already done.

Jim

Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
Jim Fulton wrote:
[snip]
> OK, I'll update these files. I too wonder how the
> web site gets updated. I wish there was some way
> to preview changes. Or to push updates when (not if)
> screw something up. :)

What you can do to at least check out the restructured text is to run
'htmlize' in the checkout.

There's unfortunately a difference between what I wanted and what we
got, as we couldn't suppress our technology happiness.

What I wanted was a bunch of scripts you can run that would deliver a
finished website in a directory somewhere that could be served with
Apache for now. This can be easily tested locally.

What we got is something dynamic integrated in the Apache server, though
I believe it's also still possible to run it in script mode? I don't
know and I should make it my business to find out. Tres also wrote some
code that we could use that does the same thing in Zope.

What we should do minimally is add a README.txt to the zf svn that
documents the procedure people can take. Can someone who knows what to
do add a README.txt with all the needed information? Of course it
shouldn't be such that the README.txt gets picked up by the script. :)

What we're *going* to do is move this site to a different server
altogether. We could integrate it with some Zope-based CMS such as Plone
if anyone is willing to integrate the current layout into Plone.

Regards,

Martijn
Re: Re: Zope Foundation membership drive [ In reply to ]
Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
> [snip]
>> OK, I'll update these files. I too wonder how the
>> web site gets updated. I wish there was some way
>> to preview changes. Or to push updates when (not if)
>> screw something up. :)
>
> What you can do to at least check out the restructured text is to run
> 'htmlize' in the checkout.

OK

> What we should do minimally is add a README.txt to the zf svn that
> documents the procedure people can take.

+1

In the short term, could someone tell me how to modify the
navigation menu?

> Can someone who knows what to
> do add a README.txt with all the needed information?

Please. :)

> Of course it
> shouldn't be such that the README.txt gets picked up by the script. :)

Who cares. If it isn't linked in, it's invisible anyway.

Jim