Mailing List Archive

Fwd: [ZF] foundation site confusion
Chris - did zoneedit get the zopefoundation info? I don't think it's
answering.

Thanks!

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Julien Anguenot <ja@nuxeo.com>
> Date: November 11, 2006 9:36:53 PM EST
> To: kit BLAKE <kitblake@infrae.com>
> Cc: foundation@zope.org
> Subject: Re: [ZF] foundation site confusion
>
> Hi,
>
> FYI, http://www.zopefoundation.org/ is broken (i.e : Server not found)
>
> If the right address is http://foundation.zope.org then we need to
> update the banner link on the left of the http://
> foundation.zope.org web
> site to this address because it points on the other one currently.
>
> Cheers,
>
> J.
>
> kit BLAKE wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Could somebody adjust the page at http://www.zopefoundation.org/ and
>> link to the Zope Foundation site? Right now it says "This area is
>> just
>> a place to manage a few artifacts until the new Zope Foundation site
>> is created."
>>
>> Or better yet, since 'zopefoundation.org' is the first thing a
>> searcher might type, point the domain to the
>> http://foundation.zope.org/ site. Or vice versa.
>>
>> The site's lookin' good!
>> kit
>>

> --
> Julien Anguenot | Nuxeo R&D (Paris, France)
> Open Source ECM - http://www.nuxeo.com
> Nuxeo 5 : http://www.nuxeo.org
> Mobile: +33 (0) 6 72 57 57 66

Rob Page V: 540 361 1710
Zope Corporation F: 703 995 0412

Re: Fwd: [ZF] foundation site confusion [ In reply to ]
Rob Page wrote:
> Chris - did zoneedit get the zopefoundation info? I don't think it's
> answering.

They did, but zoneedit have this bizarre policy of refusing to serve dns
until the whois record points at their nameservers.

Worse still, even after the whois records have changed, they'll only
start serving once you've gone in and editted the zone again.

I think I've done enough to get them to do what they're supposed to, but
maybe someone who knows how to tickle zoneedit in the right way could
also take a look?

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Re: Fwd: [ZF] foundation site confusion [ In reply to ]
Looks like it's working right here....but the redirect isn't going to the
beta pages.

Andrew

Re: Fwd: [ZF] foundation site confusion [ In reply to ]
Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> Looks like it's working right here....but the redirect isn't going to the
> beta pages.

Yeah, let's redirect it to foundation.zope.org, that's better than
what's in the original place.

We should also make www.zope.org/foundation point to
foundation.zope.org. I do not believe there's anything in /foundation
that isn't represented in foundation.zope.org.

Regards,

Martijn
Re: Fwd: [ZF] foundation site confusion [ In reply to ]
Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Andrew Sawyers wrote:
>> Looks like it's working right here....but the redirect isn't going to the
>> beta pages.
>
> Yeah, let's redirect it to foundation.zope.org, that's better than
> what's in the original place.
>
> We should also make www.zope.org/foundation point to
> foundation.zope.org. I do not believe there's anything in /foundation
> that isn't represented in foundation.zope.org.

Done
- moved the /foundation folder to /foundation_old
(if there are things left to be copied)
- created a Redirector object /foundation
that points to http://foundation.zope.org

Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m