Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Re: the maintenance of change logs [ In reply to ]
On 9/25/06, Martijn Faassen <faassen@infrae.com> wrote:
> Yes, this is something Jim actually just proposed as well.

OK, super. Didn't see that.

--
Lennart Regebro, Nuxeo http://www.nuxeo.com/
CPS Content Management http://www.cps-project.org/
Re: Re: the maintenance of change logs [ In reply to ]
Jim Fulton wrote:

> the machine that goes by many names, including svn.zope.org,
> cvs.zope.org, and mail.zope.org.

I think I'm right in saying that this poor box does have apache on it
and so might not be such a bad place to stick the foundation stuff if it
is just flat files?

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Re: Re: the maintenance of change logs [ In reply to ]
On Sep 25, 2006, at 1:12 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>> the machine that goes by many names, including svn.zope.org,
>> cvs.zope.org, and mail.zope.org.
>
> I think I'm right in saying that this poor box does have apache on
> it and so might not be such a bad place to stick the foundation
> stuff if it is just flat files?

Good point.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton mailto:jim@zope.com Python Powered!
CTO (540) 361-1714 http://www.python.org

Re: Re: the maintenance of change logs [ In reply to ]
Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On 9/25/06, Martijn Faassen <faassen@infrae.com> wrote:
>> Yes, this is something Jim actually just proposed as well.
>
> OK, super. Didn't see that.

Sorry, that's because he said it just to me. :)

Regards,

Martijn

Re: Re: the maintenance of change logs [ In reply to ]
Jim Fulton wrote:

> On Sep 25, 2006, at 1:12 PM, Chris Withers wrote:
>
>> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>> the machine that goes by many names, including svn.zope.org,
>>> cvs.zope.org, and mail.zope.org.
>>
>> I think I'm right in saying that this poor box does have apache on it
>> and so might not be such a bad place to stick the foundation stuff if
>> it is just flat files?
>
> Good point.

Ah, I thought we had no Apache, but if there's an Apache, then yes, that
would be a good place to start sticking up some flat files. The first
incaranation of the foundation site will be flat files so that'd be a
good start.

Regards,

Martijn

Re: Re: the maintenance of change logs [ In reply to ]
Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Ah, I thought we had no Apache, but if there's an Apache, then yes, that
> would be a good place to start sticking up some flat files. The first
> incaranation of the foundation site will be flat files so that'd be a
> good start.

My only worry is that poor little box does a lot of work (svn, cvs,
lists, etc)...

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Re: Re: the maintenance of change logs [ In reply to ]
Yeah, it does - but serving up static files isn't going to make it strain
anymore then it does....