Mailing List Archive

Re: updated zope foundation website texts in svn.zope.org
Hi Martijn,

Sorry my response is a bit slow.

* I've got the new docs up.

* Menu generated from directory structure. Omitting directories with
binary files only.

* Renamed members/members.txt to index.txt (easier if we have a default
index in each directory.

* Menu title and description and page title pulled from first few lines
of text.

http://zf.tfws.org.nz/

Code at:
svn://treefernwebservices.co.nz/var/svn/zopefoundation/trunk/www

Best regards,
Darryl

Re: updated zope foundation website texts in svn.zope.org [ In reply to ]
Darryl Cousins wrote:
> Hi Martijn,
>
> Sorry my response is a bit slow.
>
> * I've got the new docs up.

Slowly we're starting to look like a real site, great! I'll do some more
work on the text over the weekend.

> * Menu generated from directory structure. Omitting directories with
> binary files only.
>
> * Renamed members/members.txt to index.txt (easier if we have a default
> index in each directory.
>
> * Menu title and description and page title pulled from first few lines
> of text.
>
> http://zf.tfws.org.nz/
>
> Code at:
> svn://treefernwebservices.co.nz/var/svn/zopefoundation/trunk/www

I'll take a look at the code, to investigate whether we want to maintain
this on svn.zope.org eventually. Are you a svn.zope.org committer, by
any chance?

One thing I noticed is that the 'csv-table' directive I use doesn't work
on your machine - it doesn't seem to recognize the 'tab' option for the
delim setting. I think you might need a newer version of docutils? It
does work on my machine.

Regards,

Martijn
Re: updated zope foundation website texts in svn.zope.org [ In reply to ]
Hi Martijn,

> I'll take a look at the code, to investigate whether we want to maintain
> this on svn.zope.org eventually. Are you a svn.zope.org committer, by
> any chance?

My signed Zope contributors agreement went in the mail last week.

The code uses mod_python/vampire/docutils/ZopePageTemplates. It's not
terribly fast. It may be just as easy to convert it to zope.org's
Plone/CMF at a later date. Your call.

> One thing I noticed is that the 'csv-table' directive I use doesn't work
> on your machine - it doesn't seem to recognize the 'tab' option for the
> delim setting. I think you might need a newer version of docutils? It
> does work on my machine.

Cheers, it works on my home machine but I didn't test that page after
putting up on my server. I'll fix that - done.

Best regards,
Darryl

Re: updated zope foundation website texts in svn.zope.org [ In reply to ]
Hi Martijn,

I slept on that.

I feel also that some menu titles are a bit long (as they are read from
the rest page title).

Perhaps we could include metadata in the rest document? This could be in
rest syntax and included in page footer, or removed before passing to
docutils:

:Title: Title
:Weight: Int <menu order>
:Copyright: This document has been placed in the public domain.

This data could also be of practical use when later importing into a
true cms.

Re: updated zope foundation website texts in svn.zope.org [ In reply to ]
Darryl Cousins wrote:
> Hi Martijn,
>
>> I'll take a look at the code, to investigate whether we want to maintain
>> this on svn.zope.org eventually. Are you a svn.zope.org committer, by
>> any chance?
>
> My signed Zope contributors agreement went in the mail last week.

Great! Faxes to Jim tend to speed up the process, by the way.

> The code uses mod_python/vampire/docutils/ZopePageTemplates. It's not
> terribly fast. It may be just as easy to convert it to zope.org's
> Plone/CMF at a later date. Your call.

Understood, and thank you.

Regards,

Martijn