Mailing List Archive

rough draft of site
Hi there,

In a somewhat parallel effort Zeomega has been helping us on getting a
basic site up and running. I'm anxious to integrate this parallel effort
into the main effort.

The rough draft version of the foundation side made by Zeomega is based
on the Apache Foundation site. It's here:

http://www.zope.org/foundation/newfoundation

I think to look at another foundation's site structure is a great idea.
This should be helpful in fleshing out the structure of the foundation site.

Obviously a lot of work needs to be done, both on the layout and
content. The plans for those efforts I've already sketched out to the
list. I think of the main things we can take home from this is the
structure. Sathya, Zeomega's contact, also got the membership lists,
which should prove useful. :)

I've asked Sathya to join this list so we can have discuss matters here.
Sathya's looking for feedback, so please go ahead!

Regards,

Martijn
Re: rough draft of site [ In reply to ]
Uhm? This is completely unrelated, but is that committers list
supposed to be complete? I signed and sent in my stuff together with
Florent, but he is not there, and I'm not...

Lennart Regebro, Nuxeo http://www.nuxeo.com/
CPS Content Management http://www.cps-project.org/
Re: rough draft of site [ In reply to ]
This is concering the new zope foundation site draft ....

we are focusing only structure NOT content.

we are using properties to store memberships and will complete the list
based on what jim gave us sometime ago (so its not a complete list)

we are not going to create any software .

If you all have any feedback on structure please let us know.

regards
sathya

Re: Re: rough draft of site [ In reply to ]
foundation web team wrote:
> This is concering the new zope foundation site draft ....
>
> we are focusing only structure NOT content.

Obviously structure and content (as well as good presentation) are all
important. We can't really set up a good structure if we don't think
about the content, too, right?

> we are using properties to store memberships and will complete the list
> based on what jim gave us sometime ago (so its not a complete list)
>
> we are not going to create any software .

I think this is responding to my earlier, private feedback, where I was
worried that a property on a page template was used to maintain the
membership list, along with a python script in the ZODB. My suggestion
is not to worry too much about the presentation of this list right now,
and not worrying about the way it's stored. I don't think it's the most
important problem we need to solve in the construction of the foundation
website.

> If you all have any feedback on structure please let us know.

Did you read my structure mail that I sent to this list previously? It's
not feedback directly, but it discusses structure. I've just forwarded
it to you; I'm not sure I did before.

Regards,

Martijn