Mailing List Archive

Example app for Zope 3 tutorial
HI,
I just started working on an example app for Zope 3
tutorial.

Please let me know whare I can commit this code.

Let me check in this to:

zopeweb/trunk/content/documentation/z3tut/

Temporarily I have put it here:
http://zissue.berlios.de/z3/collector-0.1.0.tar.bz2

Actually I want to keep 1 version for each part of tutorial
(i.e, in downloadable format)
So, create three branches for tutorial example ?
or just put tar balls seperately.

How do we manage content which is not required any version controlling
in new zope.org site like the above one (tar balls and other companion
materials like videos). All these dump to svn?

Regards,
Baiju M
Re: Example app for Zope 3 tutorial [ In reply to ]
baiju m wrote:

> HI,
> I just started working on an example app for Zope 3
> tutorial.

Hi, great work. Sorry, i missed you several times in IRC.

> Please let me know whare I can commit this code.
>
> Let me check in this to:
>
> zopeweb/trunk/content/documentation/z3tut/

Please check it in at that location

> Temporarily I have put it here:
> http://zissue.berlios.de/z3/collector-0.1.0.tar.bz2
>
> Actually I want to keep 1 version for each part of tutorial
> (i.e, in downloadable format)
> So, create three branches for tutorial example ?
> or just put tar balls seperately.
>
> How do we manage content which is not required any version controlling
> in new zope.org site like the above one (tar balls and other companion
> materials like videos). All these dump to svn?

I wish someone from codespeak.net could comment on this.

I'd just store it off the repository for the moment and create a
document (like 'static.txt') with an annotated list of links to the
offsite material.

> Regards,
> Baiju M

See you, Michael

--
http://zope.org/Members/d2m
http://planetzope.org

Re: Example app for Zope 3 tutorial [ In reply to ]
On 2/28/06, Michael Haubenwallner <michael@d2m.at> wrote:
> baiju m wrote:
> > Let me check in this to:
> >
> > zopeweb/trunk/content/documentation/z3tut/
> >

> Please check it in at that location

done.

> > How do we manage content which is not required any version controlling
> > in new zope.org site like the above one (tar balls and other companion
> > materials like videos). All these dump to svn?
>
> I wish someone from codespeak.net could comment on this.
>
> I'd just store it off the repository for the moment and create a
> document (like 'static.txt') with an annotated list of links to the
> offsite material.

I think we will be required something like downloads.zope.org
which is nothing but just few file resources served up by Zope 3 or
plain Apache.

May be this can be extended further for Zope package releases.
We can set up ftp.zope.org (both http & ftp access) like ftp.gnome.org
and many other free software projects.

Regards,
Baiju M