Mailing List Archive

Redirecting all objects in a folder
How can I make it so that any object accessed under a particular folder gets redirected to another URL?

In other words, someone going to the URL website.com/folder/page1.html<http://website.com/folder/page.html> or website.com/folder/page2.html<http://website.com/folder/page.html> (or any page in the /folder/ directory) gets redirected to google.com<http://google.com>.

I’m running Zope 2.8.6 with ZServer. Would Virtual Host Monster work as a solution?

Thanks for any advice!

Dan
Re: Redirecting all objects in a folder [ In reply to ]
On 21/11/16 05:46, Dan Gaibel wrote:
> How can I make it so that any object accessed under a particular folder
> gets redirected to another URL?
>
> In other words, someone going to the URL website.com/folder/page1.html
> <http://website.com/folder/page.html> or website.com/folder/page2.html
> <http://website.com/folder/page.html> (or any page in the /folder/
> directory) gets redirected to google.com <http://google.com>.

If your "folder" is not a folder at all but a script, you can get access
to the subpath and do whatever.

That is, if "folder" is a script, then
"http://website.com/folder/page.html" will call the script called
"folder" with "page.html" as subpath parameter. You can do a redirect in
the script code, using the subpath or ignoring it, as you need.

--
Jesús Cea Avión _/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/
jcea@jcea.es - http://www.jcea.es/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/