Mailing List Archive

Is BTreeFolder2 still alive (Re: Ordered folder growing FAST)
On 05/04/14 00:54, Jesus Cea wrote:
> I have an ORDERED folder with tens of thousands of elements inside of
> it. Each time I add a new element, de database grows a lot. I guess some
> internal structure is not actually a BTREE and each time it is modified,
> all of it must be persisted to disk again.

Ok, checking the sourcecode there is no BTREE at all anywhere, so any
change must dump the entire huge object again. I was probably using
"BTreeFolder" product sometime in the past.

Checking around I found "BTreeFolder2". Last release is in 2011. Is that
compatible with current Zope 2.13.21?.
<https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.BTreeFolder2>.

--
Jesús Cea Avión _/_/ _/_/_/ _/_/_/
jcea@jcea.es - http://www.jcea.es/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/ _/_/
Re: Is BTreeFolder2 still alive (Re: Ordered folder growing FAST) [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Apr 05, Jesus Cea wrote:
> Checking around I found "BTreeFolder2". Last release is in 2011. Is that
> compatible with current Zope 2.13.21?.
> <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Products.BTreeFolder2>.

We are using BTreeFolder2 with Zope 2.13. Unfortunately I can't remember
which minor version we're running, and can't check before Monday.

/Kristian