Mailing List Archive

path of a fileupload instance
Hiya

I have a form with a field for a FileUpload object, which works ok. However, in my application I want to capture the path of that file, because I want to open still other files that I know by name from that very same directory.
Any idea how to do that? The REQUEST simple contains the FileUpload instance.

Re: path of a fileupload instance [ In reply to ]
Re: path of a fileupload instance [ In reply to ]
Correct, but the filename attribute contains just the filename, not the path of the directory where it was uploaded from…
cb

Re: path of a fileupload instance [ In reply to ]
Re: path of a fileupload instance [ In reply to ]
I was using IE and filename is just the file name, no directory information. So I will have to take another approach. Does a FileUpload instance have any other attributes than filename and header?

Re: path of a fileupload instance [ In reply to ]
to my knowledge, for security reason no modern browser submits the path anymore.
If you need the path, you have to create your own file uploader or use a tool
like uploadify (http://www.uploadify.com)
I *think* javascript gets you access to the full path.

robert