Mailing List Archive

CookieCrumbler, any new versions or replacement?
Yellow,

I need to reuse a web application I developed around 2005/2006. This
App was using CookieCrumbler as it's only authentication method but it
seems that after zope 2.11.x the product is broken as it has a few
imports from deprecated classes.

Anyone knows about CookieCrumbler versions above 1.2 or some other
replacement for this product?

TIA

--
Hugo Ramos - IT Project Manager
E: ramosh@gmail.com

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!" - Monty Python's

Para visualizar este email em 3D, bata com uma bola de snooker na
testa e fixe o ecrã durante 5 minutos a uma distância de 20cm.
Re: CookieCrumbler, any new versions or replacement? [ In reply to ]
On 02/02/2012 10:46 AM, Hugo Ramos wrote:
> I need to reuse a web application I developed around 2005/2006. This
> App was using CookieCrumbler as it's only authentication method but it
> seems that after zope 2.11.x the product is broken as it has a few
> imports from deprecated classes.
>
> Anyone knows about CookieCrumbler versions above 1.2 or some other
> replacement for this product?

Zope's pluggable authentication service replaces it.

Shane
Re: CookieCrumbler, any new versions or replacement? [ In reply to ]
What is the main advantage of PAS over cookie crumbler over SSL out of interest?
Cheers
Rich

Re: CookieCrumbler, any new versions or replacement? [ In reply to ]
On 02/02/2012 22:57, Richard Harley wrote:
> What is the main advantage of PAS over cookie crumbler over SSL out of interest?

It's even more complicated and maintained just as little ;-)

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Re: CookieCrumbler, any new versions or replacement? [ In reply to ]
Standalone CookieCrumbler is not generating http-only cookies. With PAS you can handle stuff like password strength and renewal strategies or account locking in a pluggable way. Read docs on pypi and
http://plone.org/documentation/kb/securing-plone

--- Ursprüngl. Mitteilung ---

Re: CookieCrumbler, any new versions or replacement? [ In reply to ]

Re: CookieCrumbler, any new versions or replacement? [ In reply to ]

Re: CookieCrumbler, any new versions or replacement? [ In reply to ]
On 03/02/2012 19:20, Tres Seaver wrote:
>>> What is the main advantage of PAS over cookie crumbler over SSL out
>>> of interest?
>>
>> It's even more complicated and maintained just as little ;-)
>
> I'll grant the complicated, as PAS is a framework which makes pretty much
> evey part of the authentication process pluggable. However, the most
> recent release of PAS was four days ago, which hardly makes for
> "unmaintained."

I'm still all about Products.SimpleUserFolder coupled with
CookieCrumbler, never had any bug reports ;-)

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk