Mailing List Archive

Unused options for buildout: 'eggs'.
Hi,

I installed zope 2.13.8 per instructions on
http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.13/INSTALL-buildout.html

I created an instance outside the main Zope folder.

Then I followed the instructions on
http://plone.org/documentation/kb/add-ons/installing to try install
ZSQLMethods:

"Egg-based packages are very simple to install with Buildout."

[buildout]
eggs =
Products.ZSQLMethods

and run bin/buildout.

I get the message:

Unused options for buildout: 'eggs'.

I read somewhere that I need a recipe but I can't find such thing
neither is it clear where to put it inside buildout.cfg. Can someone
enlighten me here, please?

Frankly, I miss the old drop-in Products folder. There might be
advantages with the new system(s), but simplicity is lost and no
documentation seems available.

Regards,
Fernando

Re: Unused options for buildout: 'eggs'. [ In reply to ]
On 09/07/2011 00:21, Fernando Martins wrote:
> I installed zope 2.13.8 per instructions on
> http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.13/INSTALL-buildout.html

Which bit?

I'd recommend:

http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.13/INSTALL-buildout.html#creating-a-buildout-based-zope-instance

...or indeed:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zope2instance

> "Egg-based packages are very simple to install with Buildout."
>
> [buildout]
> eggs =
> Products.ZSQLMethods
>
> and run bin/buildout.
>
> I get the message:
>
> Unused options for buildout: 'eggs'.

eggs is a key of the [instance] section, not the [buildout] section.

cheers,

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Re: Unused options for buildout: 'eggs'. [ In reply to ]
On 07/15/2011 09:28 AM, Chris Withers wrote:
> On 09/07/2011 00:21, Fernando Martins wrote:
>> I installed zope 2.13.8 per instructions on
>> http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.13/INSTALL-buildout.html
>
> Which bit?

Well, as a general feedback, the documentation needs some sorting out:
the install page linked from the downloads

http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.13/INSTALL.html

recommends virtualenv, which was my first attempt. I ignored a link
there for buildout because "buildout" meant nothing to me.

Then someone recommended buildout as the mainstream (not mentioned in
the docs as the recommended practice) and I went to:

http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/2.13/INSTALL-buildout.html

where I followed the first procedure there which is the standalone Zope
with buildout.

None of these worked for me to install ZSQL Methods. I am able to
install the egg in zopepy, but then Zope does not recognise the Product.
Some configuration is needed in Zope I guess, which I have not figured
out yet. The main issue is the Shared.DC.ZRDB code, which is node a
Product in itself. I can install other (simpler) Products.

The last option, "Creating a buildout-based Zope instance" leads to full
mixing code with data which doesn't appeal me much, but feedback like
yours is pushing in this direction.

I have come across a problem though. My server is not connected to the
Internet and I need to use buildout in offline mode, as indicated here:

http://www.buildout.org/docs/tutorial.html

What would be the most effective way to prepare an offline set of eggs,
without missing eggs? Using buildout in a connected computer and then
copy the eggs from there I guess? And what about recipes?

I will not be able to work on this for the next two weeks, but I would
still appreciate feedback on offline installation and if possible how to
setup Shared.DC.ZRDB in a standalone Zope setup.

Fernando
> eggs is a key of the [instance] section, not the [buildout] section.

Yeah, I was just following wrong or misleading instructions somewhere :(

Cheers,
Fernando