Mailing List Archive

How can I access/use the i18n locales object in Zope 2.13.4?
Hi there!

I love formatting dates in Zope 3 using the i18n getFormatter function. Apparently this is now also possible in Zope 2 as of 2.11.1.

Unfortunately I could not manage to access and use this object. I tried the following:

tal:define="formatter python: context.REQUEST.locale.dates.getFormatter('dateTime', 'medium')"

but that gives me an "unauthorized" error. Could anybody advise what I am doing wrong? I tried this on a fresh install of Zope 2.13.4 on WinXP. Is my assumption that this is possible incorrect?

TIA,
Sascha