Mailing List Archive

problem installing Openflow product of zope on LINUX
Hi,

I am supposed to set up development environment for a project. & for that I
have already installed Zope-2.11.4, Python-2.4.4, Egenix-2.0.6,
Postgresql-7.4.13, & Psycopg-1.1.6 on a RedHat LINUX box.

Now I need to install OpenFlow-1.1.0 in the Products directory of Zope. I
tried installing OpenFlow source tar ball by the following instructions –

./configure

Make

Sudo make install

All of the above commands worked successfully. But still I am not able to
see the openflow product on the Zope Management Interface Screen. Can you
please suggest something? It’s really urgent. Am I missing any steps while
installing OpenFlow? Please Help me.

Regards,

Smita
Re: problem installing Openflow product of zope on LINUX [ In reply to ]
Re: problem installing Openflow product of zope on LINUX [ In reply to ]
smita kamdar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am supposed to set up development environment for a project. & for that I
> have already installed Zope-2.11.4, Python-2.4.4, Egenix-2.0.6,
> Postgresql-7.4.13, & Psycopg-1.1.6 on a RedHat LINUX box.
>

> Now I need to install OpenFlow-1.1.0 in the Products directory of Zope. I
> tried installing OpenFlow source tar ball by the following instructions ?
>
> ./configure
>
> Make
>
> Sudo make install
>

> All of the above commands worked successfully. But still I am not able to
> see the openflow product on the Zope Management Interface Screen. Can you
> please suggest something? It?s really urgent. Am I missing any steps while
> installing OpenFlow? Please Help me.
>

> Regards,
>
> Smita

First of all you need to make a correct installation of Zope: use 'make inplace'
followed by './bin/mkzopeinstance.py'.
In the created zope instance switch to the Products folder and unpack the
OpenFlow tgz file.

The problem is: the code is old and not working with the last zope versions. The
fix is simple: in the file expression.py change line
from Products.PageTemplates.Expressions import getEngine, _SecureModuleImporter
in
from Products.PageTemplates.Expressions import getEngine, SecureModuleImporter

and remove

SecureModuleImporter = _SecureModuleImporter()

(at least in the version I have)

If you need a workflow engine modern and up-to-date I counsel to integrate
openwfe (now 'route': http://ruote.rubyforge.org/)
--
Riccardo Lemmi

Re: problem installing Openflow product of zope on LINUX [ In reply to ]
On 28/11/2010 10:24, Riccardo Lemmi wrote:
> If you need a workflow engine modern and up-to-date I counsel to integrate
> openwfe (now 'route': http://ruote.rubyforge.org/)

...which is Ruby, right?

How do you get that to work with Zope?

Chris

- http://www.simplistix.co.uk
Re: problem installing Openflow product of zope on LINUX [ In reply to ]
Chris Withers wrote:

> On 28/11/2010 10:24, Riccardo Lemmi wrote:
>> If you need a workflow engine modern and up-to-date I counsel to integrate
>> openwfe (now 'route': http://ruote.rubyforge.org/)
>
> ...which is Ruby, right?
>
> How do you get that to work with Zope?
>
> Chris

Yes, it is ruby, but it is a client/server app.
Last time I checked there was connectors for various languages, python included.
I haven't the chance to integrate route in zope in a real project but I
assessed that the connector was very simple to use.
--
Riccardo Lemmi

Re: problem installing Openflow product of zope on LINUX [ In reply to ]
Hi Marco,

I have already installed the following products on my dev RedHat LINUX
m/c -

1) Zope-2.11.4

2) Python-2.4.4

3) Egenix-2.0.6

4) Postgresql-7.4.13

5) Psycopg-1.1.6

6) OpenFlow-1.1.0

& on the live m/c also all these products are installed with a mismatch
in versions of the products. Only in case of Database Adapter instead of
ZPsycopgDA, ZPygresqlDA is installed on live.

But still when I import my project's source code (i.e. .zexp file) from
live to dev m/c all the code is imported successfully except it gives
errors in Pygresql_Database_Connection & OpenFlow.

For Pygresql_Database_Connection & Openflow it gives error as 'This
object from PygresqlDA product is broken' & 'This object from OpenFlow
product is broken' respectively.

Is the issue because of mismatch of PygresqlDA & PsycopgDA at live & dev
respectively??

Thanks a Lot In Advance!

Thanks & Regards,

Smita Kamdar

Re: problem installing Openflow product of zope on LINUX [ In reply to ]
Hi Smita,

On 07/12/2010 15:26, Smita Kamdar wrote:
> I have already installed the following products on my dev RedHat LINUX m/c –
>
> 1) Zope-2.11.4
>
> 2) Python-2.4.4
>
> 3) Egenix-2.0.6
>
> 4) Postgresql-7.4.13
>
> 5) Psycopg-1.1.6
>
> 6) OpenFlow-1.1.0
>
> & on the live m/c also all these products are installed with a mismatch
> in versions of the products. Only in case of Database Adapter instead of
> ZPsycopgDA, ZPygresqlDA is installed on live.

Is there a reason that you are using ZPsycopgDA instead of ZPygresqlDA?

You should set the two environments up identically.

> But still when I import my project’s source code (i.e. .zexp file) from
> live to dev m/c all the code is imported successfully except it gives
> errors in Pygresql_Database_Connection & OpenFlow.
>
> For Pygresql_Database_Connection & Openflow it gives error as ‘This
> object from PygresqlDA product is broken’ & ‘This object from OpenFlow
> product is broken’ respectively.

If you are importing a zexp that contains a ZPygresqlDA connection and
the ZPygresqlDA product is not properly installed, you will indeed have
broken objects - that would apply to ZPsycopgDA too, of course. If you
want to use the imported objects, you must have the same products
installed (at the same versions).

I don't know anything about ZPygresqlDA (or OpenFlow, for that matter),
but I've had similar problems with ZPsycopgDA, so the following may be
of some help: -

First, is your DA correctly installed?

Take a look at the Control Panel in the ZMI, and scroll down to the DA
itself - does it have a "broken product" icon? If so, this may be
because the associated python-level product (which would be Psycopg
itself in the case of ZPsycopgDA) is not correctly installed.

N.B. You may have to install libpq-dev to compile it.

Second, is the DA actually usable?

Even if it appears installed properly in the Control Panel, it's worth
testing by setting up a new connection to your database.

If you have a good setup, and the error is still thrown, you would still
need to zap the old product's connection and replace it with the new
product's equivalent, of course

Formally, you are on your own importing a zexp file into a target
environment that differs from the source environment. If the above does
not help, then I'd go back and make the necessary changes to make them
match before spending a lot of time on this.

HTH

PhilK

'work as if you lived in the early days of a better nation'
- alasdair gray