Mailing List Archive

urllib.urlopen inside a python-script? alternatives?
Hello,

I'm trying to use facebook's single-sign-on mechanism with zope and
querying account information for logged in facebook-users from within zope.

For this I need to send url-requests from my zope-server to the
facebook-servers and read the response. I tried to test the concept with
a python-script:

##############
import urllib

cookie= request["fbs_" + "<the application id>"]

args=dict(map(lambda x:x.split('='),cookie.split('&')))

url="https://graph.facebook.com/me?access_token="+args['access_token']

file = urllib.urlopen(url)
resp=file.read()
file.close()

return args,url,resp
##############

When running this an authentication-window pops up - and subsequently
tells me:

-----------
Error Type: Unauthorized
Error Value: You are not allowed to access 'urlopen' in this context
-----------

So the problem is with opening the external-url I suppose ...

What's the Zope-way of doing this? - how can I tell it to get read
information of another URL?

thanks,
stephan
Re: urllib.urlopen inside a python-script? alternatives? [ In reply to ]
urlopen is restricted python. You will need to create file system script (a
product) (or external script) in order to use it.

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 8:43 AM, <stephan0h@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to use facebook's single-sign-on mechanism with zope and
> querying account information for logged in facebook-users from within zope.
>
> For this I need to send url-requests from my zope-server to the
> facebook-servers and read the response. I tried to test the concept with
> a python-script:
>
> ##############
> import urllib
>
> cookie= request["fbs_" + "<the application id>"]
>
> args=dict(map(lambda x:x.split('='),cookie.split('&')))
>
> url="https://graph.facebook.com/me?access_token="+args['access_token']
>
> file = urllib.urlopen(url)
> resp=file.read()
> file.close()
>
> return args,url,resp
> ##############
>
> When running this an authentication-window pops up - and subsequently
> tells me:
>
> -----------
> Error Type: Unauthorized
> Error Value: You are not allowed to access 'urlopen' in this context
> -----------
>
> So the problem is with opening the external-url I suppose ...
>
> What's the Zope-way of doing this? - how can I tell it to get read
> information of another URL?
>
> thanks,
> stephan

David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU
602-494-0424
Re: urllib.urlopen inside a python-script? alternatives? [ In reply to ]
Re: urllib.urlopen inside a python-script? alternatives? [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the hint, this solved my problem.
br,
stephan