Mailing List Archive

ConnectionStateError when accessing properties
Hi there,

in a plone site where Data is partially maintained in a mysql db, I get a
ConnectionStateError when I try to access properties on the sit.

the error is as follows:

Time 2010/04/25 15:10:28.998 GMT+2
User Name (User Id) beat (beat)
Request URL
http://www.energie-plattform.ch/data_folders/save_company_changes/save_company_changes
Exception Type ConnectionStateError
Exception Value Shouldn't load state for 0x1cbe82 when the connection is closed

Traceback (innermost last):

* Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
* Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 42, in call_object
* Module <wrapper>, line 5, in wrapper
* Module kss.core.actionwrapper, line 238, in apply
* Module energiecluster.addresses.browser.company, line 465, in
save_company_changes
* Module energiecluster.addresses.Flag, line 400, in handleFlags
* Module energiecluster.addresses.Flag, line 542, in delFlagsFromObject
* Module energiecluster.addresses.Flag, line 572, in updateHooks
* Module energiecluster.addresses.Newsletteremail, line 248, in hookupFlags
* Module energiecluster.addresses.Newsletteremail, line 188, in _hockedupFlags
* Module energiecluster.addresses.Newsletteremail, line 216, in getHookedFlags
* Module ZODB.Connection, line 758, in setstate

ConnectionStateError: Shouldn't load state for 0x1cbe82 when the connection is
closed

the code that produces the error is the line
if not ep.hasProperty('newsletter_hooked_flags'):

in a call of the following method:

def getHookedFlags(self):
if not self.context:
return
pt = self.context.portal_properties
ep = getattr(pt.aq_inner.aq_self, 'energiecluster_properties', None)
if not ep:
ep = SimpleItemWithProperties(id='energiecluster_properties',
title='energiecluster_properties')
pt._setObject('energiecluster_properties', ep)

if not ep.hasProperty('newsletter_hooked_flags'): <--------- error here
values = [.
'#language:Type:Flag1',
'#where type 0 = html, type 1 = text',
'de:0:ad_newsletter_de_html',
'de:1:ad_newsletter_de_text',
'fr:0:ad_newsletter_fr_html',
'fr:1:ad_newsletter_fr_text',
]
ep.manage_addProperty(id='newsletter_hooked_flags',
value=values, type='lines')
return ep.getProperty('newsletter_hooked_flags')

unfortunately this happens only on the life site. I can not reproduce the error
in our test environment.

I would very much appreciate a hint how to circumvent that error.
thanks
robert