Could you show me how to implement that easily.

Cheers,
Cu Vinh Loc.

Re: Help me. [ In reply to ]
Cu Vinh Loc schrieb:
> Dear friends,
>
> I am using plone for deploying the website, but I have some problems
> such as:
> - Using relational (internal) database "Gadfly database": I do not know
> where the database is stored in the Zope. Can I manipulate directly
> this database "visual"?
> - Users and groups: How to assign this permissions to my website.
>
> Could you show me how to implement that easily.
>
> Cheers,
> Cu Vinh Loc.

gadfly is stored in the var directory of your zope instance.
however I belive it is not supported anymore.

user and groups:
in your instance go to confiration (using your browser to access a
running plone).
there you find users ang groups.

for every object (a document, a folder) you can define who (what
user/group) has what permission. this you do using the sharing tab.

robert
Re: Help me. [ In reply to ]
--On 11. März 2008 22:13:29 +0700 Cu Vinh Loc <cvloc@cit.ctu.edu.vn> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I am using plone for deploying the website, but I have some problems
> such as:
> - Using relational (internal) database "Gadfly database": I do not know
> where the database is stored in the Zope.

Please forget Gadfly. If you are seriously thinking about using a RDBMS for
whatever reason then consider using a real database like Mysql, Postgres...
There are various ways for interacting with a RDBMS in Zope:

- using ZSQL methods (check "THe Zope Book 2.7 edition RDBMS Chapter")
- wrappers based on SQLAlchemy: collective.lead or z3c.sqlalchemy or
ZSQLAlchemyDA

-aj
Re: Help me. [ In reply to ]
Am 11.03.2008, 16:13 Uhr, schrieb Cu Vinh Loc <cvloc@cit.ctu.edu.vn>:

> Dear friends,
> I am using plone for deploying the website, but I have some problems
> such as:
> - Using relational (internal) database "Gadfly database": I do not
> know
> where the database is stored in the Zope. Can I manipulate directly
> this database "visual"?
> - Users and groups: How to assign this permissions to my website.
> Could you show me how to implement that easily.

Dear Cu Vin Loc,

you have simply reposted your e-mail to the Archetypes list this morning
apparently without looking at the documentation I suggested.

While you are reading up on the basics of using Zope and relational
databases it might be an idea to let us know exactly what you want to do.
As a kick-start on using Zope you might also wish to look at my
presentation at EuroPython last year. It covers the very basics of using
ZSQL in Zope and there is a download with code for your to play with.

http://www.egenix.com/library/presentations/EuroPython2007-Zope-and-RDBMS/

Good luck!

Charlie
--