Mailing List Archive

ZMYSQLDA problem: Zope restarts after trying to open Z Mysql connection
Please provide me with any advice on how to resolve the problem:

when I create Z Mysql connection and open it, my Zope restarts by itself and
Z Mysql connection object dissapears. Mysql dataset is at localhost and I
use the database connection string like:
"dataset_name user passw". I use ZMySQLDA 2.0.8.

Other details:

Zope Version (Zope 2.9.3-, python 2.4.3, linux2)
Python Version 2.4.3 (#1, Jun 25 2007, 05:59:16)
System Platform linux2 version 2.6.9-023stab044.4-enterprise
SOFTWARE_HOME /opt/Plone-2.5/lib/python
ZOPE_HOME /opt/Plone-2.5
INSTANCE_HOME /opt/Plone-2.5/zeocluster/client2
CLIENT_HOME /opt/Plone-2.5/zeocluster/client2/var
Network Services ZServer.HTTPServer.zhttp_server (Port: 80)

MySql version 4.1.21-standard-log (стоит на localhost)
PHP version 5.0.5

event.log and error.log tell nothing.

I have no access to shell.

I will be gratefull for any advice. Why Zope is restarting ? What can be
done ? My practical experience with Zope is not great.

Best,

Irina
Re: ZMYSQLDA problem: Zope restarts after trying to open Z Mysql connection [ In reply to ]
Am 04.12.2007, 10:28 Uhr, schrieb Irina <merzlyak@yahoo.com>:

> event.log and error.log tell nothing.
> I have no access to shell.
> I will be gratefull for any advice. Why Zope is restarting ? What can be
> done ? My practical experience with Zope is not great.

My guess is that the Python process is crashing for some reason. You need
to enable debugging in zope.conf to get something in your event log but
without shell access it might be difficult to trace the problem.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com

Re: ZMYSQLDA problem: Zope restarts after trying to open Z Mysql connection [ In reply to ]
> when I create Z Mysql connection and open it, my Zope restarts by itself and
> Z Mysql connection object dissapears. Mysql dataset is at localhost and I
> use the database connection string like:
> "dataset_name user passw". I use ZMySQLDA 2.0.8.

For me seems that it is something with mysqlda connector.
As Charlie already said your python process possibly dies suddenly.
You should see some error mesages, like segmentation fault in system log
(eg. /var/log/messages)
but without shell and root access you have to ask your system admin
about this.

We had similiar problem with DCOracle2 and 64 bit system.
Old C libraries are not working correctly with new architecture, also
some bugs in C code (eg. improper date time cast in DCOracle2)
caused such problems for us.

One thing to check would be to connect to mysql directly from python
(using mysql connector) but without shell access... you can't do that :/

--
Maciej Wisniowski