Mailing List Archive

MySql connectivity on Windows - state of the art
Hello people,

I'm going to ask a simple question, I took a look at the list
archives and didn't find any clear answer to this.

On the page at http://www.zope.org/Products/DA/ZODBCDA/

I see a software for connecting Zope to MySql on win32 platforms but
I see the latest release has been in 2001 !

Is ZODBCDA actually working , now ?

I also took a look at this: http://www.pastrytech.com/willy/
zopemysql.html
and it really scares me a bit. That make seem connecting to mysql is
not to be supposed easy.

Is there any alternative to get Zope connected to MySql on Windows
machines ?

Thanks so much for any help

Catonano

Re: MySql connectivity on Windows - state of the art [ In reply to ]
--On 23. Juni 2006 00:21:32 +0200 Adriano <adriano@euma.com> wrote:

> Hello people,
>
> I'm going to ask a simple question, I took a look at the list archives
> and didn't find any clear answer to this.
>
> On the page at http://www.zope.org/Products/DA/ZODBCDA/
>
> I see a software for connecting Zope to MySql on win32 platforms but I
> see the latest release has been in 2001 !
>
> Is ZODBCDA actually working , now ?
>
> I also took a look at this: http://www.pastrytech.com/willy/
> zopemysql.html
> and it really scares me a bit. That make seem connecting to mysql is not
> to be supposed easy.
>
> Is there any alternative to get Zope connected to MySql on Windows
> machines ?

Look at mxODBC from Egenix. The mysql-python binding are also pretty much
recent afaik. Also there is ZMySQLDA...you just have to look more carefully.

-aj
Re: MySql connectivity on Windows - state of the art [ In reply to ]
On 2006-06-23 at 00:21:32 [+0200], Adriano <adriano@euma.com> wrote:
> Hello people,
>
> I'm going to ask a simple question, I took a look at the list
> archives and didn't find any clear answer to this.
>
> On the page at http://www.zope.org/Products/DA/ZODBCDA/
>
> I see a software for connecting Zope to MySql on win32 platforms but
> I see the latest release has been in 2001 !
>
> Is ZODBCDA actually working , now ?
>
> I also took a look at this: http://www.pastrytech.com/willy/
> zopemysql.html
> and it really scares me a bit. That make seem connecting to mysql is
> not to be supposed easy.
>
> Is there any alternative to get Zope connected to MySql on Windows
> machines ?

Catonano,

there is a ZopeDA for MySQL on sourceforge. Alternatively if you are
looking for an ODBC connection then please try our mxODBCZopeDA.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com