Analista de Sistemas - DoctumTec
"When you don´t have walls,
You don´t need windows"
Re: Migration [ In reply to ]
MySQL is a relational database. The ZODB behind Plone is an object
database. You can migrate information from one to the other, but their
isn't a set way to do it. You will need to decide on your
object-relational mapping and then write scripts to make the move. Not
impossible, but it will take some decent knowledge of Plone, Python
and the ZODB.

Re: Migration [ In reply to ]
On 2005-07-13 at 20:36:00 [+0200], Glauber Costa <glaubercosta@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a big database in MySQL and I want put all this data on a plone
> database.
> How can I do it.

Are you sure you really want to do this? Zope makes it relatively easy to
integrate existing databases in a project so that you don't need to migrate
your data.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com

Re: Migration [ In reply to ]
On 2005-07-14 at 21:09:36 [+0200], Glauber Costa <glaubercosta@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Well charlie,
>
> I'm a beginner with plone.
> My customer want to change their content management system and I think that
> plone is the better option to do it.
> The only problem is how to put all data that they already have in another
> relational database into plone.
> They don't want to change anything on the site interface or loose any
> content.
> Where can I get some help to make a connection between Zope and MySQL,
> making plone use the same database structure?

Glauber,

if you keep this discussion on the list then more people can help you.

To connection your database with Zope you need a Zope database adapter and a
Python driver. For MySQL you can use either the ZopeMySQLDA or our
mxODBCZopeDA. The Zope book contains lots of examples on how to integrate
your database in Zope. Feel free to ask questions on the list *once* you
have read the sections on relational databases and Zope.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
eGenix.com