One more question: what's the malcontents@zope.com address do?

cheers,

seb
Re: CMF releases [ In reply to ]
seb bacon wrote:

> A very FAQ concerns the fact that the CMF doesn't work with Zope 2.4.1.

We should update the download page to point out the fact that the problem
was only with 2.4a1; 2.4.1 works fine.

> Is there a release schedule for a 2.4.1-compatible branch? Are we in a
> position to start a new branch off the CMF head for a 1.11 release? If not,
> what are the barriers to this?

A CMF 1.1.1 release should normally be build from a tagged version of the
'CMF-1_1-branch', which already exists (I made it when I made the 1.1 relese).
Perhaps branching from the current head would be expedient; it would bend
the "no new features in third-dot releases" model Brian uses for Zope, but
might be much less effort than backporting the bug fixes from the head to
the 'CMF-1_1-branch'.

> The current CMF head seems stable enough to go into beta, and the release of a
> tarball would help get more people using the system. At the moment, if you
> don't know CVS, you pretty much can't use the CMF, which is plain silly since
> it's all pretty stable.
>
> One more question: what's the malcontents@zope.com address do?

'malcontents' is the (informal) name of my engineering team at ZC; they
have had primary responsibility for the CMF, as opposed to the "core
team", led by Chris McDonough; the core team has been on point for the
Zope core.

Tres.
Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Zope Corporation "Zope Dealers" http://www.zope.com