http://www.enfoldsystems.com
http://plone.org/about/team#dreamcatcher

Mais engraçado que gorda botando as calça.
Re: [fdrake@gmail.com: [Zope-Checkins] SVN: zdaemon/trunk/zdctl.py try to fix borked umask handling] [ In reply to ]
On 6/8/05, Sidnei da Silva <sidnei@awkly.org> wrote:
> If anyone cares *wink*, this fix is needed in Zope 2.8 branch. A new
> tag must be made, point Zope 2.8 to it, etc.

Yes, but... did you *test* it? Perhaps you missed the email where I
specifically asked that you check it out. The existing test suite
clearly didn't cover it, or you wouldn't have found a bug there to
begin with, and I just don't have time for dealing with zdaemon much
right now.

If you can produce a regression test that shows this actually fixes
the bug you saw, that would be really helpful.

Once that's been handled, I'll be glat to create a tag for zdaemon,
and you can stitch it in wherever you need it.

-Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>
Zope Corporation
On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 12:20:39AM -0400, Fred Drake wrote:
| Yes, but... did you *test* it? Perhaps you missed the email where I
| specifically asked that you check it out. The existing test suite
| clearly didn't cover it, or you wouldn't have found a bug there to
| begin with, and I just don't have time for dealing with zdaemon much
| right now.

It doesn't prevent zope from starting at least, so your fix fixes
that. Haven't tested if it fixes the bug that the previous fix
intended to fix and ended up breaking zope's startup *wink*.

>From reading the patch it looks very sane, except maybe for the second
part of it where you put os.umask() inside the if. Shouldn't that one
be outside the if?

fixated-fix-a-holic-fix-o-happily-your's

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei@awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true
http://www.enfoldsystems.com
http://plone.org/about/team#dreamcatcher

<hypatia> I'm not part of the American way because they don't let you own those kind of weapons around here :)
> It doesn't prevent zope from starting at least, so your fix fixes
> that. Haven't tested if it fixes the bug that the previous fix
> intended to fix and ended up breaking zope's startup *wink*.
>
> From reading the patch it looks very sane, except maybe for the second
> part of it where you put os.umask() inside the if. Shouldn't that one
> be outside the if?

No, it shouldn't be. Note that it's calling os.umask() twice; the
second call is restoring the old value returned from the first. The
effect is that we find out the current umask, without changing it
(effectively); this is used only for reporting.

This does warrant a comment; I'll add that and make a tag. Someone
other than me can deal with Zope 2.8. :-)

-Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr. <fdrake at gmail.com>
Zope Corporation
> This does warrant a comment; I'll add that and make a tag. Someone
> other than me can deal with Zope 2.8. :-)

Done. The tag is:

svn+ssh://svn.zope.org/repos/main/zdaemon/tags/zdaemon-1.1/

-Fred