Mailing List Archive

RE: [Zope-dev] [Zope2.8a2] ...to be released by tomorrow....
Hi Andreas - please don't cut the release until we get the
OK from Tim Peters - he's still working on merging recent
ZODB changes, I believe.

Brian Lloyd brian@zope.com
V.P. Engineering 540.361.1716
Zope Corporation http://www.zope.com

RE: [Zope-dev] [Zope2.8a2] ...to be released by tomorrow.... [ In reply to ]
Ok, I am waiting for "go ahead" sign (I haven't followed the recent
discussion because I am currently on a business trip)

-aj

--On Freitag, 1. April 2005 0:13 Uhr -0500 Brian Lloyd <brian@zope.com>

Re: RE: [Zope-dev] [Zope2.8a2] ...to be released by tomorrow.... [ In reply to ]
[Andreas Jung]
> I am planning to make the release tomorrow (Saturday afternoon
> (German time :-)). So please make your final fixes very soon or cry out loud
> STOP if there are any show stoppers.

Barring an unexpected heart attack, an alpha-quality ZODB will be in
place for you by then.

Jim will not be able to merge his ZClasses changes in, so those will
have to wait for a later release.

All the substantive changes I needed to make were completed last
night, and the overnight test runs were successful. I still need to
write up ZODB NEWS, fiddle the version numbers, make a 3.4a1 release
tag, and edit the svn:externals in Zope trunk to point at that tag.
That's all very low risk, so just assume it's been done if I don't say
anything else later.
Re: [Zope2.8a2] ...to be released by tomorrow.... [ In reply to ]
[Tim Peters]
> All the substantive changes I needed to make were completed last
> night, and the overnight test runs were successful. I still need to
> write up ZODB NEWS, fiddle the version numbers, make a 3.4a1 release
> tag, and edit the svn:externals in Zope trunk to point at that tag.
> That's all very low risk, so just assume it's been done if I don't say
> anything else later.

Still, explicit is better than implicit: that's all been done, are
there are no remaining ZODB issues holding up release of Zope 2.8a2.
Re: [Zope2.8a2] ...to be released by tomorrow.... [ In reply to ]
--On Freitag, 1. April 2005 18:44 Uhr -0500 Tim Peters
<tim.peters@gmail.com> wrote:

> [Tim Peters]
>> All the substantive changes I needed to make were completed last
>> night, and the overnight test runs were successful. I still need to
>> write up ZODB NEWS, fiddle the version numbers, make a 3.4a1 release
>> tag, and edit the svn:externals in Zope trunk to point at that tag.
>> That's all very low risk, so just assume it's been done if I don't say
>> anything else later.
>
> Still, explicit is better than implicit: that's all been done, are
> there are no remaining ZODB issues holding up release of Zope 2.8a2.

Excellent!

Thanks,
Andreas