<END PGP>
Bye by QSpi <SCh 1612B> <SchuSchu>
Es addig is: Promiszkuitas!!!!!!!!
Re: [Zope-PTK] ZServer [ In reply to ]
Kusper Krisztian wrote:

> Hy!
>
> I would like to use Zope as webserver too, but I can't get Zserver to be
> reachable from other computers, so I can see my new portal only on my
> pc:-(( Where and how can I configure the Zserver??

ZServer comes up by default running its HTTP server on port 8080 -- do you have
a firewall blocking that port? You can override the port, e.g., "./start -w 80"
to run on the "standard" HTTP port. Look at the command-line options in
$ZOPE_HOME/z2.py for more information.

Tres.
Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com tseaver@palladion.com
Re: [Zope-PTK] ZServer [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Tres Seaver wrote:

> ZServer comes up by default running its HTTP server on port 8080 -- do you have
> a firewall blocking that port? You can override the port, e.g., "./start -w 80"
> to run on the "standard" HTTP port. Look at the command-line options in
> $ZOPE_HOME/z2.py for more information.

Hi!!

The Zserver is ok at the 8080 port, I mean, I can see whit a browser my
portal at the http://localhost:8080/ address, but from outside my computer
( at the nudge.sch.bme.hu address) it is not work!! So I want everybody to
see my portal from over the world:-))
What do you think?

"<...>Lehet, hogy nem vagyok vicces, viszont Almos!"
-Reszlet az "Anyad a Csodaszarvas!" c. regebol.
<PGP>
dfkjgdfkl;gdfg;kj;dfglkjdfgirjgrtfjghdlgukhdfgkudhgKLJDHKLDJH
kdfljghdflugKJHUKHkjhKuhKjhuhKLuhUhyhtFjhFrjfgHrgdhgFrdhGFdrg
KDHIDUHfkughdkughdslwuhkUSHSKLuhfldkurthlgksuhrKLUSHukhglkuhr
Re: [Zope-PTK] ZServer [ In reply to ]
Kusper Krisztian wrote:

> The Zserver is ok at the 8080 port, I mean, I can see whit a browser my
> portal at the http://localhost:8080/ address, but from outside my computer
> ( at the nudge.sch.bme.hu address) it is not work!! So I want everybody to
> see my portal from over the world:-))
> What do you think?

I can't even ping nudge.sch.bme.hu -- are you sure the DNS is correct?

Re: [Zope-PTK] ZServer [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Tres Seaver wrote:

> I can't even ping nudge.sch.bme.hu -- are you sure the DNS is correct?
>
> Tres.

Hi!

Yes, I'm sure... But it could happend, that you pinged, when my pc was
off. Try now!! It will be on at least for six hours.