I tried joining as a new member called Jack after the portal is created,
so Jack created a simple webpage and wanted to display it so he list
himself to the member's roster and the I also have allowed the
publishing of his webpage.

His hyperlink showed up at the member's roster alright but when I tried
to double click it it yield the error saying the URL not found

Can anyone help me????

Your help will be appreciated
Re: [Zope-PTK] Member name showed up in member roster but cannot link to relevantwebpagewebpage [ In reply to ]
Troy Tan wrote:

> I am a newbiew trying out the PTK which I am currently trying out
> Zope-PTK.
>
> I have followed the guide to using the PTK everything works fine except
> that the member's page at the roster.
>
> This is wat happen:
>
> I tried joining as a new member called Jack after the portal is created,
> so Jack created a simple webpage and wanted to display it so he list
> himself to the member's roster and the I also have allowed the
> publishing of his webpage.
>
> His hyperlink showed up at the member's roster alright but when I tried
> to double click it it yield the error saying the URL not found
>
> Can anyone help me????

This sounds like the annoying Members/username/index_html/index_html
problem.

What is the URL? I have found that if it is linking to
Members/username/index_html it will return a not found. Adding a
"/index_html to the end of it yeilds the page.

Mike, any idea when (if) this will be fixed?

Bill
--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
Re: [Zope-PTK] Member name showed up in member roster but cannot link to relevant webpage webpage [ In reply to ]

> This is wat happen:
>
> I tried joining as a new member called Jack after the portal is created,
> so Jack created a simple webpage and wanted to display it so he list
> himself to the member's roster and the I also have allowed the
> publishing of his webpage.
>
> His hyperlink showed up at the member's roster alright but when I tried
> to double click it it yield the error saying the URL not found

I experienced the same thing. I don't know the best way, but anyway can
work around as follows:

Change the line in index_html in Members folder

into

--
Toshio Matsuda <matsuda-toshio@fujielectric.co.jp>
Re: [Zope-PTK] Member name showed up in member roster but cannot link to relevant webpage webpage [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Troy Tan wrote:

> I have followed the guide to using the PTK everything works fine except
> that the member's page at the roster.

> Can anyone help me????

I believe the roster is working properly. The bug we're seeing here
is actually in the Document class (probably all PortalContent,
actually). They don't work correctly as the 'index_html' method. You
have to append '/index_html/index_html' (Yes, twice) to the name of
the folder for it to be found properly. I don't know why this is.
Patches gleefully accepted!

You can fix the roster by changing the 'Members' folder's
'index_html' method. I shall do this in the next update, until the
document problem is solved. Change this:

<dtml-in "getRoster(REQUEST)">
<dtml-else>

To read:

<dtml-in "getRoster(REQUEST)">
<dtml-else>

--
Mike Pelletier email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer icq: 7127228