In the meantime, I have turned my attention to other Protal activities,
such as versions of ZDiscussions and KnowledgeKit that are PTK aware
(minor changes really), and overall PTK thoughts.

Bill

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
-- Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900
RE: [Zope-PTK] New PortalContent procedure and other Qs [ In reply to ]
Ok, I have setup my new Portal object and it seems to be working just
fine.

(BTW - I created it by Making a new wizard in my Portal, copying
Document wizard, don't forget properties!.
went into PTKBase, copied Document.py to a Listing.py, changing for my
own purposes.
went into __init.py__ and added reference to my class)

Anyways to my philosophical question, I would like my product to be
able to contain
other objects (specifically I have two lists that I want) should I:

1. create two list attributes in my class and manage addition/deletion
(I get into trouble here trying to figure out where to intercept
Image.manage_add)
2. create two Folder attributes in my class
(I prefer this but have problems trying to decide where or how I
am going to do the
management screen for this and how I am going to present this
to the user/owner
since the default behavior is to render (as in view) the portal
object with a toolbox menu
on the side) (hold on I just had a thought ... IGBTYOTL)
3. Make my class a Folderish object and sort out the lists later
(seems a little ugly - since I have objects and all . . .)

Dale Lance

(p.s. IGBTYOTL -- I'll get back to you on this later)
Re: [Zope-PTK] New PortalContent procedure and other Qs [ In reply to ]
dale w lance wrote:

> Ok, I have setup my new Portal object and it seems to be working just
> fine.
>
> (BTW - I created it by Making a new wizard in my Portal, copying
> Document wizard, don't forget properties!.
> went into PTKBase, copied Document.py to a Listing.py, changing for my
> own purposes.
> went into __init.py__ and added reference to my class)

I had done this but it wasn't showing up in the wizards screen.
I just went back to look at it, seems I forgot to fill in the properties
sheet.
DOH!

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
-- Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900
> > Ok, I have setup my new Portal object and it seems to be
> working just
> > fine.
> >
> > (BTW - I created it by Making a new wizard in my Portal, copying
> > Document wizard, don't forget properties!.
> > went into PTKBase, copied Document.py to a Listing.py,
> changing for my
> > own purposes.
> > went into __init.py__ and added reference to my class)
>

> I had done this but it wasn't showing up in the wizards screen.
> I just went back to look at it, seems I forgot to fill in the
> properties
> sheet.
> DOH!

Bill - Yep, went through that cycle a few times too.
Zope-PTK - decided on approach 2 (see previous message)
Using Folder class as attribute made it easy to implement.
(i.e. reimplemented main.dtml to suit my purpose) and I was done
Yippee!

Dale Lance