Mailing List Archive

[Zope-PTK] Problem adding News (was: Problem adding member)
On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Mike Pelletier wrote:

> No, t'is me. This time I took the novel step of testing my change
> before commiting it. Give it another go!

Cool! it's working! I can now add new members, but...

The member cannot create anything. I try to create a News item
(or a link), follow the two steps, and get:

[...html removed...]
<P>Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
</P>
<P><STRONG>Resource not found</STRONG></P>

Sorry, the requested Zope resource does not exist.<p>Check the URL and
try again.<p>
<!--
http://slef.org/hal/Members/bob/manage_addProduct/PTKBase/addNewsItem
-->

[...html removed...]

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in
publish
File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 151, in
publish
File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products/SiteAccess/ChangeBehaviors.py,
line 151, in traverse
File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, line 511, in
notFoundError
NotFound: (see above)

-->

But we're slowly getting somewhere... I feel it...

Thanks a lot,

Stefan.
Re: [Zope-PTK] Problem adding News (was: Problem adding member) [ In reply to ]
At 18:19 Uhr -0500 11.02.2000, Stefan Langerman wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Mike Pelletier wrote:
>
> > No, t'is me. This time I took the novel step of testing my change
> > before commiting it. Give it another go!
>
>Cool! it's working! I can now add new members, but...
>
>The member cannot create anything. I try to create a News item
>(or a link), follow the two steps, and get:

Same with me. The only thing a member can work on is his default doc
(which has no icon!).
This can even be submitted for review.

But I think there is no way to do the review, even if I set the role
reviewer to a user.

Jochen
Re: [Zope-PTK] Problem adding News (was: Problem adding member) [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Stefan Langerman wrote:

> Cool! it's working! I can now add new members, but...
>
> The member cannot create anything. I try to create a News item
> (or a link), follow the two steps, and get:

> But we're slowly getting somewhere... I feel it...

Another bonehead move on my part. When I stoped registering all the
portal classes with Zope, the constructors became unavailable. I now have
all these classes adding their constructor methods to the PortalFolder
class. Sorry!

Since the Wizards changed, you will have to delete and re-import the
DemoPortal.zexp file. If you wish to preserve existing portals, you will
have to refresh their interface from the template. This is done by
logging into the portal as the manager, clicking on "Reconfigure
Portal". The second paragraph on the reconfigure page offers a link to a
page which will re-copy the interface files out of the ZClass and into the
instance. If you've edited any of these files, your changes will be lost
if you use this method. You can instead edit the wizards by hand, there's
only three. See the 'Properties' tab of the template wizards, and compare
it with your portal instances'.

> Thanks a lot,
> Stefan.

NP!

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer icq: 7127228
Re: [Zope-PTK] Problem adding News (was: Problem adding member) [ In reply to ]
Sorry Mike, but I'm still getting similar results:
(Total restart with fresh cvs chkout and new portal created)

Zope Error

Debugging Notice

Zope has encountered a problem publishing your object.
Cannot locate object at:
http://dale1:8080/MyPortal/Members/myportalmember/manage_addProduct/PTKBase/
addDocument

----

Traceback (innermost last):
File C:\Program Files\VHG\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 214, in
publish_module
File C:\Program Files\VHG\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 179, in
publish
File C:\Program Files\VHG\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 202, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
File C:\Program Files\VHG\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 151, in
publish
File C:\Program Files\VHG\lib\python\ZPublisher\BaseRequest.py, line 338,
in traverse
File C:\Program Files\VHG\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py, line 521,
in debugError
NotFound: (see above)

Dale

Re: [Zope-PTK] Problem adding News (was: Problem adding member) [ In reply to ]
Did you delete and reimport DemoPortal.zexp

It does work for me now.

You can fix it manually however, just go to the wizards property and
change from '/manage_addProduct/PTKBase/addDocument' to 'addDocument'.

I can only find one bug now: document.gif, newsitem.gif and link.gif are
not displayed, since this code was commented out from __init__.py.

Mike?

/Magnus Heino

Re: [Zope-PTK] Problem adding News (was: Problem adding member) [ In reply to ]
At 15:13 Uhr -0500 13.02.2000, Mike Pelletier wrote:
>On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Stefan Langerman wrote:
>
> > Cool! it's working! I can now add new members, but...
> >
> > The member cannot create anything. I try to create a News item
> > (or a link), follow the two steps, and get:
>
> > But we're slowly getting somewhere... I feel it...
>
> Another bonehead move on my part. When I stoped registering all the
>portal classes with Zope, the constructors became unavailable. I now have
>all these classes adding their constructor methods to the PortalFolder
>class. Sorry!
>
> Since the Wizards changed, you will have to delete and re-import the
>DemoPortal.zexp file. If you wish to preserve existing portals, you will
>have to refresh their interface from the template. This is done by

I have updated the cvs-tree, deleted my portal instance and the
DemoPortal product, restarted Zope, copied the new DemoPortal.zexp to
my import folder and tried to import that file.

This raises the error

Error Type: ImportError
Error Value: No module named PTKDemo

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
214, in publish_module
File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
179, in publish
File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202,
in zpublisher_exception_hook
(Object: ElementWithAttributes)
File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
165, in publish
File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line
160, in mapply
(Object: manage_importObject)
File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
102, in call_object
(Object: manage_importObject)
File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py, line
478, in manage_importObject
(Object: ElementWithAttributes)
File /serve/MIS-Zope-2.1.3/lib/python/ZODB/ExportImport.py, line
284, in importFile
ImportError: (see above)

-->

I checked, I have the Product PTKDemo and everything seems all right
with it (except the TAB README offers no content...

My fault or something else??

Jochen
Re: [Zope-PTK] Problem adding News (was: Problem adding member) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Jochen Haeberle wrote:

> I have updated the cvs-tree, deleted my portal instance and the
> DemoPortal product, restarted Zope, copied the new DemoPortal.zexp to
> my import folder and tried to import that file.
>
> This raises the error
>
> Error Type: ImportError
> Error Value: No module named PTKDemo

Aye carumba! Nothing relevant occurs to me. Try this: delete the
PTKDemo product from your Product Management Control Panel, then restart
Zope and examine the Product Management Control Panel again. Hopefully,
PTKDemo will now show up as a "Broken Product" and we'll get some leads.
If it doesn't, try reimporting the .zexp. (But this time, cross your eyes
while you do it.) (Only kidding about the eyes part, but really do try
again.)

Mike.

Re: [Zope-PTK] Problem adding News (was: Problem adding member) [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Dale Lance wrote:

> Sorry Mike, but I'm still getting similar results:
> (Total restart with fresh cvs chkout and new portal created)
>
> Zope has encountered a problem publishing your object.
> Cannot locate object at:
> http://dale1:8080/MyPortal/Members/myportalmember/manage_addProduct/PTKBase/
> addDocument

The fact that it is trying to find '.../manage_addProduct/PTKBase/...'
indicates that you are still using the old Wizards. The Wizards are
contained in the ZClasses. This means that to update them, you must go to
your Products Control Panel, delete the 'DemoPortal' product, and import
the new version. The filename is 'DemoPortal.zexp', and it must be
copied/linked from your PTKDemo folder to your import folder.

Mike.

Re: [Zope-PTK] Problem adding News (was: Problem adding member) [ In reply to ]
Mike,

At 17:07 Uhr -0500 14.02.2000, Mike Pelletier wrote:
>On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Jochen Haeberle wrote:
>
> > I have updated the cvs-tree, deleted my portal instance and the
> > DemoPortal product, restarted Zope, copied the new DemoPortal.zexp to
> > my import folder and tried to import that file.
> >
> > This raises the error
> >
> > Error Type: ImportError
> > Error Value: No module named PTKDemo
>
> Aye carumba! Nothing relevant occurs to me. Try this: delete the
>PTKDemo product from your Product Management Control Panel, then restart
>Zope and examine the Product Management Control Panel again. Hopefully,
>PTKDemo will now show up as a "Broken Product" and we'll get some leads.
>If it doesn't, try reimporting the .zexp. (But this time, cross your eyes
>while you do it.) (Only kidding about the eyes part, but really do try
>again.)

I did that (tried it on my own :-) but it did not help. I deleted the
symlink to my cvs download and copied the folder directly and that
worked... don't know, what that means, though as this setup worked
before the cvs update... perhaps I should try the eyes part the next
time...

Jochen