Tres.

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com 713-523-6582
Palladion Software http://www.palladion.com
Re: [Zope-PTK] Search broken: returns all entries? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Tres Seaver wrote:

> The "quick search" field in the standard PTK header dumps the whole
> catalog -- I couldn't find a way to get any of the advanced search
> stuff to filter, either.
>
> Just FYI -- I do have the demo portal up and running. Thanks for a
> cool product, DC!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll fix that over my coffee in the
morning.

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer icq: 7127228
Re: [Zope-PTK] Search broken: returns all entries? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Tres Seaver wrote:

> The "quick search" field in the standard PTK header dumps the whole
> catalog -- I couldn't find a way to get any of the advanced search
> stuff to filter, either.
>
> Just FYI -- I do have the demo portal up and running. Thanks for a
> cool product, DC!

This is fixed. The catalog creation bug should also finally be
fixed. I had appearently screwed up the check-in.

Mike.

Re: [Zope-PTK] Search broken: returns all entries? [ In reply to ]
Mike Pelletier wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Tres Seaver wrote:
>
> > The "quick search" field in the standard PTK header dumps the whole
> > catalog -- I couldn't find a way to get any of the advanced search
> > stuff to filter, either.
> >
> > Just FYI -- I do have the demo portal up and running. Thanks for a
> > cool product, DC!
>
> This is fixed. The catalog creation bug should also finally be
> fixed. I had appearently screwed up the check-in.

I've been thinking about that one, just in general, trying to figure out which
of the many WTDI (ways to do it) works best -- I think I will add a thumb rule
to my list of Zopeisms as follows:

* Any use of "manage_*" methods from within Python (not PythonMethods,
though -- they don't have access to the Right Stuff) is highly suspect,
and signals a need to refactor somewhere. This includes just about
any method which takes REQUEST or RESPONSE as explicit parameters.