a resource error.

P.S. Due to the efforts of Gregor Hofflight <flight@debian.org>, Zope got in
to the CD set of the upcoming Debian release. I am currently running
technocrat.net and my other sites on that the Debian pre-release and its Zope
packages, with the modification that I have added SiteAccess and
VirtualHostFolder.

Thanks

Bruce
RE: [Zope-PTK] keyerror: "logout" on importing ZopeOrg.zexp [ In reply to ]
Bruce wrote:
> Importing ZopeOrg.zexp, I get a key error for "logout". I don't see
> anything that defines "logout" in the Portal Toolkit. Maybe I'm
> looking in the wrong place. I see that a number of other people hit
> this same problem, but didn't know what was happening and
> only reported
> a resource error.

BTW, this should be a good time to bring this up, particularly given a
post on Technocrat.net yesterday. Butch knows about this, so it is
appropriate to go ahead and discuss it.

We have reached an agreement with someone that wants to pay us $20k in
February to add some important pieces to Squishdot as an extension of
the PTK effort. This means a couple of things:

o PTK work isn't going to stop after the Python conference

o We'll invest in some important work on Squishdot, then give the
result back to Squishdot

The funding source has asked us to engage the Squishdot community to
validate some of his requirements, which we will do after the
conference. Suffice it to say that we'll be doing our part to give
Squishdot a big jump towards a 1.0 release, plus let it leverage the
facilities (namely Membership) in the PTK.

> P.S. Due to the efforts of Gregor Hofflight
> <flight@debian.org>, Zope got in
> to the CD set of the upcoming Debian release. I am currently running
> technocrat.net and my other sites on that the Debian
> pre-release and its Zope
> packages, with the modification that I have added SiteAccess and
> VirtualHostFolder.

Thanks for bringing this up. I'll see that he gets listed in
CREDITS.txt.

--Paul
RE: [Zope-PTK] keyerror: "logout" on importing ZopeOrg.zexp [ In reply to ]
From: Paul Everitt <Paul@digicool.com>
> We have reached an agreement with someone that wants to pay us $20k in
> February to add some important pieces to Squishdot as an extension of
> the PTK effort. This means a couple of things:
>
> o PTK work isn't going to stop after the Python conference
>
> o We'll invest in some important work on Squishdot, then give the
> result back to Squishdot

Cool. Remember that Butch is a consultant, too. You might consider contracting
him for something.

> plus let it leverage the facilities (namely Membership) in the PTK.

The PTK appears to have a lot to offer. When you guys have a chance, please
package up the missing pieces that keep it from installing on 2.1.2 so that
I can get a look at it :-)

I got a long email from Butch this morning on his future plans for
Squishdot. It sounds as if he's planning a near-complete rewrite, based
on Z-classes, to facilitate future development. I concur with this. I'd
like to see it retargeted to use ZDiscussions as a base and also the PTK
classes. The membership services that the PTK provides ZopeOrg (going by
the version served from zope.org) at present work well for a discussion
site: lots of people want to put up files and images related to their
articles, and a per-member resource area like that in ZopeOrg works well.

Technocrat.net and squishdot.org are presently served from my basement and
tend to die while I'm traveling. I am currently looking for executive
offices to lease for Linux Capital Group (my company, see linuxvc.com)
and will eventually move my zope there and have some professional system
and content management, etc. In the meantime I have ordered a watchdog card
for the system, and will set up a back-up site at our Tucson location.

I misspelled Gregor's name, it's "Gregor Hoffleit <flight@debian.org>".
Please make sure the corrected spelling gets in the CREDITS file.

Thanks

Bruce
RE: [Zope-PTK] keyerror: "logout" on importing ZopeOrg.zexp [ In reply to ]
Bruce wrote:
> Cool. Remember that Butch is a consultant, too. You might
> consider contracting
> him for something.

Needless to say I've already contacted Butch about this, but his dance
card was pretty full. Butch, if this has changed, send me a private
note...

> > plus let it leverage the facilities (namely Membership) in the PTK.
>
> The PTK appears to have a lot to offer. When you guys have a
> chance, please
> package up the missing pieces that keep it from installing on
> 2.1.2 so that
> I can get a look at it :-)

Yeh. :^) I'm in the Minneapolis airport right now so I'm not sure how
much was done today. Basically we need to get it into a public CVS
area.

> I got a long email from Butch this morning on his future plans for
> Squishdot. It sounds as if he's planning a near-complete
> rewrite, based
> on Z-classes, to facilitate future development. I concur with
> this. I'd
> like to see it retargeted to use ZDiscussions as a base and

This was the genesis of the discussion with the person doing the
funding. ZClasses are still finicky enough that it pays to be near Jim.
:^)

> also the PTK
> classes. The membership services that the PTK provides
> ZopeOrg (going by
> the version served from zope.org) at present work well for a
> discussion
> site: lots of people want to put up files and images related to their
> articles, and a per-member resource area like that in ZopeOrg
> works well.

Glad to hear that you think that paradigm works. Some of the ideas
there are being extrapolated pretty wildly for PTK, to better cover the
production workflow of content (read: moderation/reviewing).

> Technocrat.net and squishdot.org are presently served from my
> basement and
> tend to die while I'm traveling. I am currently looking for executive
> offices to lease for Linux Capital Group (my company, see linuxvc.com)
> and will eventually move my zope there and have some
> professional system
> and content management, etc. In the meantime I have ordered a
> watchdog card
> for the system, and will set up a back-up site at our Tucson location.

Excellent to hear that! Do me a favor and tell me what the max hit rate
you've sustained when you were Slashdotted, say in hits/hour or
something your log file analysis program produces?

> I misspelled Gregor's name, it's "Gregor Hoffleit
> <flight@debian.org>".
> Please make sure the corrected spelling gets in the CREDITS file.

Will do!

--Paul