Is there something else I need to do?

dave (really wanting to play with the PTK and provide some sort of
input)
Re: [Zope-PTK] setting up PTK 0.3 [ In reply to ]
> > I downloaded the development version of the PTK, and did what I
> > normally do with downloaded products -- I untarred it in my Zope
> > directory, and restated Zope. I now have a product called "PTKBase"
> > in my products list, and the icon indicates that it is NOT broken.
> > I'm trying to follow the PTK documentation, but there is not "Portal"
> > object in the available objects menu.
> >
> > Is there something else I need to do?

(snip)

> Briefly, you have not imported the ZClasses yet. Do the step about
> copying and importing the 'ZopeOrg.zexp' file into your Products folder.

actually, what's gonna happen then is he's gonna get a "Resource not
found" error when he tries to add a Portal. happens for me and i've
confirmed it on #zope. and yes, i restarted zope. twice even. :)

- Uberdog
Re: [Zope-PTK] setting up PTK 0.3 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 18 Jan 2000 davidbro@namshub.org wrote:

> I downloaded the development version of the PTK, and did what I
> normally do with downloaded products -- I untarred it in my Zope
> directory, and restated Zope. I now have a product called "PTKBase"
> in my products list, and the icon indicates that it is NOT broken.
> I'm trying to follow the PTK documentation, but there is not "Portal"
> object in the available objects menu.
>
> Is there something else I need to do?

There are installation instructions, though they are somewhat
terse. Please see:

http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/install

This is available as a link off:

http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK

Briefly, you have not imported the ZClasses yet. Do the step about
copying and importing the 'ZopeOrg.zexp' file into your Products folder.

> dave (really wanting to play with the PTK and provide some sort of
> input)

Mike.

--
Mike Pelletier email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer icq: 7127228
Re: [Zope-PTK] setting up PTK 0.3 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 04:42:32PM -0500, Uberdog wrote:

> > Briefly, you have not imported the ZClasses yet. Do the step about
> > copying and importing the 'ZopeOrg.zexp' file into your Products folder.
>
> actually, what's gonna happen then is he's gonna get a "Resource not
> found" error when he tries to add a Portal. happens for me and i've
> confirmed it on #zope. and yes, i restarted zope. twice even. :)

I have to confirm that this is indeed the case.

I also found that in ZopeOrgPortal , the "Wizrds", "finish", and
"select_interface" items are all broken, complaining that the "unknown
product" that created it is broken.

Is there something else that needs to be installed?

dave
RE: [Zope-PTK] setting up PTK 0.3 [ In reply to ]
I get the same results, using the lattest zope stable for Windows