Mailing List Archive

[Zope-PTK] CVS update
I've just un-broken the Portal Wizard.

--
Mike Pelletier email: mike@digicool.com
Mild mannered software developer icq: 7127228
by day, super villain by night. phone: 519-884-2434
Re: [Zope-PTK] CVS Update [ In reply to ]
Mike Pelletier wrote:

> I've just checked in the changes which add a catalog smart enough not
> to return unreviewed items to joe members, plus the item reviewing system
> for one amazing low price. It's pretty neat! Special care was taken to
> make everything secure, but it hasn't been reviewed. If you find yourself
> able to do something you shouldn't, or unable to do something you should,
> please let me know.

(Had to go to your machine, Mike, sorry!)

OK, here are some notes.

Cool to see that the email goes to the change password form. However,
that one needs some work. Want me to writeup a use case for it?
(Basically, we need to cover cases like providing a wrong password, what
happens in the end, etc.) For instance, changing the password kind of
leaves you nowhere, with a blank screen and not logged in. After that
it isn't possible to log in, wither with the old password or the new
password.

I couldn't really follow the review process that well. I'll wait till
you have some of the chrome in place, or would you prefer that I go
ahead and document the use cases?

--Paul
Re: [Zope-PTK] CVS Update [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 15 Jan 2000, Paul Everitt wrote:

> OK, here are some notes.
>
> Cool to see that the email goes to the change password form. However,
> that one needs some work. Want me to writeup a use case for it?
> (Basically, we need to cover cases like providing a wrong password, what
> happens in the end, etc.) For instance, changing the password kind of
> leaves you nowhere, with a blank screen and not logged in. After that
> it isn't possible to log in, wither with the old password or the new
> password.

Yeah, the changePassword method just returns 'OK'. Pretty darn
cheesy, but I haven't gone back and given it a template to return yet.

> I couldn't really follow the review process that well. I'll wait till
> you have some of the chrome in place, or would you prefer that I go
> ahead and document the use cases?

Oh no? Where did you run into difficulty? I have plans to change the
textarea (obbviously) and to make it issue email to the appropreate
people. Do you see things other than that which need to change?

Mike.
Re: [Zope-PTK] CVS Update [ In reply to ]
+----[ Mike Pelletier ]---------------------------------------------

| I've just checked in a whack of cleanup updates.
| ZopePTK/PTKBase/DemoApp has become ZopePTK/PTKDemo. Additionally, I
| rebuilt every ZClass by hand. This fixed a few weird things people have
| been seeing, but it did not fix the problem which requires you to restart
| after importing the ZClasses. I don't have any idea what's causing this.

PTKBase Import Traceback

Traceback (innermost last):
File "/home/users/akm/Zope-2.1.3-src/lib/python/OFS/Application.py", line 387, in import_products
product=__import__(pname, global_dict, global_dict, silly)
File "/home/users/akm/Zope-2.1.3-src/lib/python/Products/PTKBase/__init__.py", line 91, in ?
import DemoApp #, ZopeOrg
ImportError: No module named DemoApp

Hrm...

from Products import PTKDemo

Fixes that problem...

(I didn't think PTKDemo should be in the PTKBase folder... should it?)

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet| P:+61 7 3870 0066 | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd | F:+61 7 3870 4477 |
Re: [Zope-PTK] CVS Update [ In reply to ]
> ImportError: No module named DemoApp

This looks like a commit that didn't. This line is supposed to be
commented out. I'll fix it, thanks.

Re: [Zope-PTK] CVS Update [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 4 Feb 2000 17:57:15 -0500 (EST)
Mike Pelletier <mike@digicool.com> wrote:

> Moving PTKDemo out of PTKBase means that the instructions I posted
> to the list a couple days ago will no longer work.

You might also want to update the docs to match at:

http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK

--
J C Lawrence Home: claw@kanga.nu
----------(*) Other: coder@kanga.nu
Re: [Zope-PTK] CVS Update [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Feb 08, 2000 at 03:36:42PM -0500, Mike Pelletier wrote:

> Just checked in some changes, these add the promised Permission-
> sensitivity to the PortalCatalog.

I updated my CVS, and the .zexp disappeared!

[]s,
|alo
+----
Resistance is futile.