Mailing List Archive

shutdown of all domains
Hello,

I'm using Debian sarge as a dom0 system.
When I shut down the system (or the UPS starts a shutdown...), the
xendomains tries to halt all running domains. This is ok. However, when
a 'seems-to-be-running-domain' does not halt, the xendomain script in
dom0 waits forever. I know that I can turn off waiting for domU
shutdowns, but that is not a really good solution I think.
My problem is that the system shutdown does not finish, which will end
in a non working system (reboot won't work, ups will turn off in a power
failure situation). Is it possible to set a timeout when xendomains
waits for domUs to halt?

Regards,
Slapic