Mailing List Archive

Firewall problem resolved - cannot set up networking in domU
Hi James,
Many thanks for your quick reply, and for the help. I'm now able to
see the dom0 machine from the network, but I can't seem to get into our
out of dom1. I can't see any IP addresses on my network such as
192.168.1.10 from within dom1, nor can I ping the machine's address from
dom0 or elsewhere on the network.

My dom1 is a just a copy of the partition of the root partition of
Suse9.2 used for dom0

In my domain configuation file for dom1, I've tried the following for
the vif:
1) vif= ['mac=00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, bridge=xen-br0']
2) vif= ['mac=00:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx, bridge=xen-br0, ip=192.168.1.25']
3) vif = ['bridge=xen-br0']
4) nothing (commented out)

In dom0, the eth0, vif, and xen-br0 interface are all up and running.

After fooling around with other options, I removed the eth0 interface
from my domU, which seems to have been a bad idea, because now I'm not
sure what module to use for an eth0 device. Prior to this, I noticed
that there was no xen-br0 device in dom1, just dom0.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric