Mailing List Archive

Booting issues unstable 2.6.11 AMD 64bit
Hi All,

I have a AMD (Sun v20z) server with 64 bit processor and 16 GB of RAM. I am trying to run 64 bit
XEN on it and so far have not been able to do that. I am using the latest unstable branch od XEN
source. The domain0 kernel compiles without any problems. When I boot it everything looks fine
until it halts after the following line:

Memory: 243516k/256000k available(2227k kernel code, 3952k reserved, 665k data, 388k init).....
done

I wanted to use the SYSRQ magic key but it doesn't seem to work (I enabled it via echo 1 >
sysrq).

Do you know how can I find out why it is hanging?

Many thanks,
Piotr

Radiating Collapse with Vanishing Weyl stresses

Re: Booting issues unstable 2.6.11 AMD 64bit [ In reply to ]
64bit Xen is not ready just yet. Currently the new acpi code does not
allow unstable build to work on x86-64. It is being worked on and should
work soon enough.

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 01:54 -0700, Piotr Wolak wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a AMD (Sun v20z) server with 64 bit processor and 16 GB of RAM. I am trying to run 64 bit
> XEN on it and so far have not been able to do that. I am using the latest unstable branch od XEN
> source. The domain0 kernel compiles without any problems. When I boot it everything looks fine
> until it halts after the following line:
>
> Memory: 243516k/256000k available(2227k kernel code, 3952k reserved, 665k data, 388k init).....
> done
>
> I wanted to use the SYSRQ magic key but it doesn't seem to work (I enabled it via echo 1 >
> sysrq).
>
> Do you know how can I find out why it is hanging?
>
> Many thanks,
> Piotr
>
> Radiating Collapse with Vanishing Weyl stresses

Jerone Young
IBM Linux Technology Center
jyoung5@us.ibm.com
512-838-1157 (T/L: 678-1157)