Mailing List Archive

How to use the tool xenperf in xen4.12.1
Hello,

When I use the command xenperf I get the message "Error getting number of perf counters: 38 (Function not implemented)".

I found a related answer in a July 2016 email <Re: [Xen-users] Xenperf&gt;.??https://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-users/2016-07/msg00056.html??.

However, Ubuntu 16.04 will have many intractable errors when installing the Xen4.6.3 version. Therefore I installed Xen4.12 version based on ubuntu16.04.

Xen4.12 has been patched with Xen4.6.3, and I think there is no need to modify the related files of Xen. But I don't know how to modify the xen/Rules.mk file, and I don't understand the meaning of this sentence " To turn on the performance counters for xen, edit xen/Rules.mk&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <-- set the flags you showed above".

What should I do to use xenperf related commands normally?

Thank you.

Luxin Zheng