Lars E. D. Jensen - DCmedia
ledj@dcmedia.biz - http://dcmedia.biz
PGP PUBLIC KEY: http://dcmedia.biz/fileadmin/pub/ledj.asc

Re: Ether bonding with Xen [ In reply to ]
> How is ether bonding handled with Xen?

Basically do what you'd do under normal Linux and it should work OK.

> Is it possible to use bonding inside a xen virtual server by bonding dom0s
> eth0 and eth1 or should a domU connect to dom0s "bond0" (eth0-eth1)?

If you set up bonding in dom0 and arrange to attach bond0 to the bridge then
it should Just Work (likewise for routed setups). You may need to edit a few
of the networking scripts / configuration files under /etc/xen to make it all
work.

> Is there any xen configuration examples using bonding somewhere?

Not that I know of - you get to be our pioneer :-) (feel free to post a HOWTO
to the Wiki)

Cheers,
Mark

Re: Ether bonding with Xen [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 16:48 +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:
> > How is ether bonding handled with Xen?
>
> Basically do what you'd do under normal Linux and it should work OK.
>
> > Is it possible to use bonding inside a xen virtual server by bonding dom0s
> > eth0 and eth1 or should a domU connect to dom0s "bond0" (eth0-eth1)?
>
> If you set up bonding in dom0 and arrange to attach bond0 to the bridge then
> it should Just Work (likewise for routed setups). You may need to edit a few
> of the networking scripts / configuration files under /etc/xen to make it all
> work.
>
> > Is there any xen configuration examples using bonding somewhere?
>
> Not that I know of - you get to be our pioneer :-) (feel free to post a HOWTO
> to the Wiki)

No config examples at hand. But I've been building similar setups and
they do work like a sharm ;)

greetz

--
Kris Buytaert <mlkb@x-tend.be>