Mailing List Archive

PS/2 mouse
Hello,
PS/2 mouse is usually not recognized during booting domain0 on my
machine (oldish K7, MB with VIA KT600 chipset). It waits long time for
mouse check, and then it fails with:
-----
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0
input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on isa0060/serio1
psmouse.c: Failed to enable mouse on isa0060/serio1
-----

In fact, distributed binary kernels fail with PS/2 keyboard too. I
have compiled kernel (with options on for rtc support), and it is well
with keyboard but usually wrong with mouse. Very rarely it detects
mouse:
-----
mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0
input: ImExPS/2 Logitech Explorer Mouse on isa0060/serio1
-----
In such cases, it works well both in console and in X-windows.

I run Linux Debian/Sarge. I tried all the available binary Xen
kernels, and xen-2.0-testing-src with 2.6.11.7 kernel.
Thanks for help.

Martin Saturka