Hello,

is it possible to assign a fixed interface number to a domain, so when the
domain starts up the intefacen number are always the same? I have the
problem, that I have for each domain a bridge with a VLAN. So the vif of a
domain have to assign always to the same bridge in dom0. When I restart a
domain, it will get another interface number and the allocation is wrong.

Thanks.

Ralf Lübben

RE: Per domain a fixed interface number? [ In reply to ]
> is it possible to assign a fixed interface number to a
> domain, so when the domain starts up the intefacen number are
> always the same? I have the problem, that I have for each
> domain a bridge with a VLAN. So the vif of a domain have to
> assign always to the same bridge in dom0. When I restart a
> domain, it will get another interface number and the
> allocation is wrong.

In the unstable repo you can set the vif's name with the 'vifname=' parameter.

However, if you reboot a domain the vif will temporarilly disappear, so any iptables, ebtables, routes or bridging rules will be ripped out. You need to reissue them when the interface comes back up -- you can do this by adding the rules to the vif-bridge script.

Ian