Hi there-
I've set up a Fedora4 xen domain0, and a Fedora4 domain1. The physical
host is in a remote location. How do I switch domains on a remote
connection (via ssh)?
thx-

Jeremy

p.s. I'm not subscribed to the list, so please include me on replies.
<jenos@ncsa.uiuc.edu>

Re: how to switch domains in ssh terminal? [ In reply to ]
> Hi there-
> I've set up a Fedora4 xen domain0, and a Fedora4 domain1. The
> physical host is in a remote location. How do I switch domains on a
> remote connection (via ssh)?
You don't 'switch' domains, you are always connected to the domain you
ssh'ed into. If you want to get at domain 1 from dom0, use
xm console <name>
where <name> is the name of the domain you want (you can find it with xm
list). This gets you console of the domain. Sending ^] (ctrl-]) gets you
out of the console. For security reasons, you can get at user domains
from dom0 like this, but not vice-versa.

The other option is to ssh into the IP address you gave to domain 1
instead of to the IP address of dom0. Obviously this will only work if
you configured the domain to have a network interface and if it is
running sshd.

HTH,
Daniel

--
"The rules of programming are transitory; only Tao is eternal.
Therefore you must contemplate Tao before you receive enlightenment."
Re: how to switch domains in ssh terminal? [ In reply to ]
If Im understanding you correctly you would just need to do..

# xm list
# xm console <domname>

heres an example...

[root@atlas mysql]# xm list
Name Id Mem(MB) CPU State Time(s) Console
CentOS-4 9 511 0 -b--- 24190.8 9609
Domain-0 0 745 0 r---- 376850.1
ttylinux-mysql 14 123 0 -b--- 3110.9 9614

[root@atlas mysql]# xm console CentOS-4
************ REMOTE CONSOLE: CTRL-] TO QUIT ********

[root@mail lib]# <--- this is the domU

Hope this helps ya out.
John Fairbairn

Re: how to switch domains in ssh terminal? [ In reply to ]
Yep... had gone the ssh route to domain1 and that worked fine. My main
problem was the domain0 terminal that I had "stuck" in domain1 because I
didn't know how to get back out of it w/o shutdown of domain1. You told
me exactly what I needed to know. I dug and dug in the documentation
but never found that.
thanks-

Jeremy